Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 06:04 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,522,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Have you noticed how Trump only goes after black athletes, despite white coaches and players have said much worse things about him?

Hillibilies and confederates are not allowed to use the N word any longer, so now the "ungrateful black man" theme replaces it. How dare these black man protest, given opportunity to play in NFL? How dare they not thank me for doing my job as POTUS (it's like a firefighter asking ppl for gratitude after putting out a fire and being a little b**ch when he doesnt get one).

Steve Kerr, Greg Popovich, and many others even in NFL - but white - said bad things about him and no attacks.

To racists in the South, black people should be especially grateful they are given equal access to opportunities only because they haven't had them for hundreds of years.

I'm a white European who came to the U.S few years ago and it amazes me how hateful rednecks are. They get offended by a black player peacefully kneeling to the anthem, but are ok with traitors collaborating with Russia (see the poll where 80% trump supporters say they are fine with collusion with Russia as long as trump stays in power).
I don't like Trump and didn't even vote for him. I voted for Ben Carson. But your statements are so incredibly prejudicial, it's hard to know where to start, lol.........First, show a quote where Trump actually says, "ungrateful BLACK people". He insults ALL people of all kinds. There are many black politicians and celebrities who insult and demean other races that you seem to be forgetting.......You're exposing your baseless regional bigotry by making totally unfounded accusations about those living in the South. Or does unfair stereotyping only go one way? If this is true, show some statistical data to prove your point........About Kaepernick and his "protest" against unfounded police brutality. This isn't a "poll", but actual statistical facts:

FBI Uniform Crime Report (2016): The number of black murder victims jumped 900% since the Black Lives Matter movement started in 2014. The overwhelming majority were killed by black criminals, not police or white people.

The Washington Post’s Fatal Force Database - The number of black people killed by police dipped 259 (2015), 233 (2016), and 175 (as of Oct. 12, 2017). Police murders went up 53% in 2016 alone. Of the 233 black males who were killed that year, only 16 were unarmed. The majority of those were due to the unarmed suspect going to the officer’s gun, physically overwhelming the officer, or other such circumstance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Richard Johnson, Criminologist, University of Toledo; 2012 American Crime Study

*Black males are 40X more likely to be killed by other black males than a police officer.

*Less than 400 people were killed by police officers in 2012. Of those, 61% were white, 32% were black.

*Black males are only 6.5% of the population, but commit 52% of all murders.

*Blacks are 27% more likely to attack whites than whites attack blacks and 8% more likely to attack Hispanics.

*93% of all black people who are murdered are murdered by other black people.

*Black offenders rob white victims 12X more often than in reverse.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U.S. Department of Justice - Officer use of force will occur where the police interact most often with violent criminals, armed suspects, and those resisting arrest. This happens mostly in black neighborhoods. In America’s 75 largest counties in 2009, for example, blacks constituted 62 percent of all robbery defendants, 57 percent of all murder defendants, 45 percent of all assault defendants—but are only 15 percent of the population.

In New York City, blacks are 23% of the population, but commit 75% of shootings. Whites are 34% of the population, but commit less than 2% of shootings.

In 2014, there were more than 6,000 black-on-black murders, more than white-on-white and hispanic-on-hispanic murders combined.

An officer is 18.5X more likely to be murdered by a black male than in reverse.

In Los Angeles, black males between the ages of 20-24 die at a rate 20-30X the national mean.

Black males between 14-17 commit murder at 10X the rate of white and hispanic teen males combined.

Black males of all age groups murder at a rate 8X that of white and hispanic males combined.

Killers of police officers have been 40% black, even though they are only 15% of the population.

Since 2015, crime rates are now going up due to some inner city community leaders demanding police back off of their patrols in high-crime areas. In cities with the largest black populations, murders went up anywhere from 54% (Washington, DC) to 90% (Cleveland, OH). America’s 56 largest cities saw murder increase by 17%. This has been deemed by Crime Statisticians as the “Ferguson Effect”: The result of a false narrative being injected into a community and the community suffering the consequences.
Prof. Roland Fryer Harvard U. analyzed 10,000 officer involved shootings and found absolutely no racial bias. One example, it was found that in Houston, TX whites were 24% more likely than blacks to be shot.
In a U. of Washington study in 2015, it was found that cops were less likely to shoot a black suspect than a white one.

From 1975 to 2015, police shooting blacks has gone down 75%. Police shooting whites has had no measurable change.

In a Washington Post Crime study in 2015, 16 unarmed black men were shot in the U.S......out of 20 million black people. These incidents are scrutinized and, as in the case of the officer in Charleston SC, found guilty. But there is almost always MANY reasons officers shoot any unarmed suspect; like if a suspect is trying to obtain the weapon of the officer or if the officer is being physically overtaken by a bigger, stronger, suspect or multiple suspects. But if you take the hundreds of thousands of officers in the nation, multiply that by the number of contacts per day, these are almost statistically negligible. So, you're trying to take a highly marginal incident and apply it to the whole issue. The narrative doesn't hold water at all. The facts don't lie.

If you and Kaepernick cared as much about the black community as you claim, you would be addressing black-on-black crime and its destructiveness to the black community, not phantom fears and unfounded prejudices. But that doesn't fit your narrative, doesn't it? So until you and others like you are willing to address your own veiled bigotry and have a TRULY honest discussion about what really hurts race relations today, you are clearly part of the problem and ultimately care more about your failed dogma than the black community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 06:15 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Have you noticed how Trump only goes after black athletes, despite white coaches and players have said much worse things about him?

Hillibilies and confederates are not allowed to use the N word any longer, so now the "ungrateful black man" theme replaces it. How dare these black man protest, given opportunity to play in NFL? How dare they not thank me for doing my job as POTUS (it's like a firefighter asking ppl for gratitude after putting out a fire and being a little b**ch when he doesnt get one).

Steve Kerr, Greg Popovich, and many others even in NFL - but white - said bad things about him and no attacks.

To racists in the South, black people should be especially grateful they are given equal access to opportunities only because they haven't had them for hundreds of years.

I'm a white European who came to the U.S few years ago and it amazes me how hateful rednecks are. They get offended by a black player peacefully kneeling to the anthem, but are ok with traitors collaborating with Russia (see the poll where 80% trump supporters say they are fine with collusion with Russia as long as trump stays in power).
Will branding trump as a racist never end.

Racist, racist, racist, everyone is a racist. Zero tolerance makes everyone a racist no matter what race you are. Just insert your race, except whites, and you too can claim widespread, hateful racism, breathed life by the election of Trump and all the racists who voted for him.

Original Post paid for by Russian Friends of Obama, sponsored by Putin.
"divide and conquer"

Old 11-25-2017, 06:40 AM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I agree we should have let China administer their own laws and penalties in this case.

Whether they were able to avoid jail or ended up in jail a few years, it should have been China's call w/o any intervention.
Then we agree, it was China's call just as the Law Professor stated, and China chose not to prosecute. trump had nothing to do with their release.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:35 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Well, it's no secret that Trump's racist attitudes go way back. You know that his racist policies as a landlord got him into trouble with the government, right?

Old 11-25-2017, 01:37 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Then we agree, it was China's call just as the Law Professor stated, and China chose not to prosecute. trump had nothing to do with their release.
I disagree, as we do not know China's call if Trump does not intervene.

I'd like a rewind. Kids in a Chinese prison. No US intervention. Now we can watch Chinese justice at work.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 11-25-2017 at 02:12 PM..

Old 11-25-2017, 02:00 PM

956 posts, read 745,254 times
Quote:

I know more "rednecks" here in Alabama that have a lot more black friends then any liberal does. You are the racist for even bringing this crap up. It all started with Obama trying to divide everyone.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:42 PM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Quote:

I'd like a rewind. Kids in a Chinese prison. No US intervention. Now we can watch Chinese justice at work.
Here's the facts. We have a law professor saying how China normally views shoplifters and how they act toward tourists who shoplift. He actually lives in the country.
Then we have trump who has a history of lying and boasting about his great accomplishments saying he alone is responsible for the students release.
I would tend to side with the guy who lives in the country before I take the word of a known liar and racist narcissist. Of course he's playing to his base and like the sheep they are chant rah rah trump.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:45 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Here's the facts. We have a law professor saying how China normally views shoplifters and how they act toward tourists who shoplift. He actually lives in the country.
Then we have trump who has a history of lying and boasting about his great accomplishments saying he alone is responsible for the students release.
I would tend to side with the guy who lives in the country before I take the word of a known liar and racist narcissist. Of course he's playing to his base and like the sheep they are chant rah rah trump.
We also had news reports of other Chinese experts saying jail was the norm.

In any event, I abhor meddling in other nations rights to administer justice as they see fit.

100% of the time.

It was NONE of our business. US citizens who are thieves should be treated like any other thieves.

This sets a bad precedent.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:14 PM

23,599 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:

I guess one can see Chinese justice at work with Wendell Brown's case.

Wendell Brown, a former football player, went to China in 2015 to coach football and to teach English.

According to his mother, about 14 months ago he'd gone to a birthday party at a bar when a group of locals came in and asked him to join them for drinks. He declined the offer, the group got angry because he wouldn't drink with them and they started throwing bottles at him. He raised his arms to block the bottles and apparently the group claims that he hit one of them.
He has been in prison there ever since. The lawyer said that the family needs to pay $100k in US funds for him to be released.

"Faced with no American-style bail available, no discovery process about the evidence against him and a confusing array of laws that bear little resemblance to the United States, he’s spent the past 14 months in a Chinese jail."

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-foot...234329198.html

The mother has just come out with a plea to Trump for help.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Will branding trump as a racist never end.

Racist, racist, racist, everyone is a racist. Zero tolerance makes everyone a racist no matter what race you are. Just insert your race, except whites, and you too can claim widespread, hateful racism, breathed life by the election of Trump and all the racists who voted for him.

Original Post paid for by Russian Friends of Obama, sponsored by Putin.
"divide and conquer"
You failed to address the pertinent facts brought up in the post. It appears you were triggered by the word 'racist". A word conservatives love to throw around themselves ~ but cry like a stuck pig if it's ever uttered in reference to one of their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies