Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 03:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,784,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, that is what attorneys do. Every person charged with a crime is entitled to be represented in court. I myself represented some crooks in my private years, but that does not make me a crook.

No, it just makes money more important than a conscience. EXP: Hillary actually joked about getting a pedophile off the hook, and his victim (13-year-old girl) completely shamed.

Does that make her a criminal... no. It does make her a PoS though.

There's good reason why attorneys are hated so much. They created the market they cater to after all. The legal system is second only to healthcare when it comes to raping the citizenry.

Last edited by steven_h; 11-22-2017 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 03:37 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Doug Jones was a US attorney. He successfully brought charges against 2 KKK members that bombed a Birmingham church, killing 4 girls. This case resulted in a conviction. I was a big success for Doug Jones.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.15da7c1f019d

Jones would become U.S. attorney in Alabama and set out to finish what Baxley started. He brought charges against two more Klan members...

After Cherry’s conviction, Jones told reporters: “The people of the state of Alabama proved for the second time in about a year that justice delayed does not have to be justice denied.”

Jones called prosecuting the Klansmen “the most important thing I have done."
Thank you. I thought I was going to have to Google this and post it myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
No, it just makes money more important than a conscience. Hillary actually joked about getting a pedophile off the hook, and his victim (13-year-old girl) completely shamed.

Does that make her a criminal... no. It does make her a PoC though.

There's good reason why attorneys are hated so much. They created the market they cater to after all. The legal system is second only to healthcare when it comes to raping the citizenry.
Why do you hate our constitution? Even Charles Manson was entitled to defense counsel.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:54 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
No, it just makes money more important than a conscience. Hillary actually joked about getting a pedophile off the hook, and his victim (13-year-old girl) completely shamed.

Does that make her a criminal... no. It does make her a PoC though.

And that's a lie. A flat out lie. I've listened to the recording. She laughed about some of the ridiculous elements of the case - telling war stories as we attorneys call it.. She was NOT laughing about the fact that she represented a rapist and negotiated a plea deal for him because the prosecution did such a lousy job.

The reality is that our legal system only works when both sides have competent or better representation, and attorneys work to provide that. It does not make them guilty of the crime committed by their client, or even reprehensible simply because they've represented someone reprehensible.

This is basic US citizenship 101. Maybe we should go back to having competency to vote testing, to make sure that people are capable of understanding these concepts before they get any say in who runs the country.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:08 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,784,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And that's a lie. A flat out lie. I've listened to the recording. She laughed about some of the ridiculous elements of the case - telling war stories as we attorneys call it.. She was NOT laughing about the fact that she represented a rapist and negotiated a plea deal for him because the prosecution did such a lousy job.

The reality is that our legal system only works when both sides have competent or better representation, and attorneys work to provide that. It does not make them guilty of the crime committed by their client, or even reprehensible simply because they've represented someone reprehensible.

This is basic US citizenship 101. Maybe we should go back to having competency to vote testing, to make sure that people are capable of understanding these concepts before they get any say in who runs the country.
You can believe anything you wish, but the truth is the truth.

In a newly unearthed audio interview Hillary Clinton reveals how she managed to get a plea bargain for a man accused of raping a 12-year-old girl - and shockingly laughs as she indicated she knew he may have been guilty.

During the course of the conversation which dates from the early 1980s, Clinton, then 27, outlines how she used a mistake by the prosecution to get 41-year-old Thomas Alfred Taylor to walk free.

Read more: Hillary Clinton LAUGHS as she recalls how she helped 'child rapist' walk free | Daily Mail Online

As usual, those who would willingly trash the Constitution come out of the woodwork and paint what I said in their own twisted logic. I am a Constitutionalist, that doesn't mean I have to like the way our "Country of Laws" has been subverted by the very people we entrust the lawmaking to.

Tell me...
Do you also support the slush fund that Congress setup for themselves to settle their own illegal actions? After all, they also made it law they can't be revealed.

Do you trust state congressmen who intentionally pass laws that are "open to interpretation" and the city attorneys and prodecutors who openly state they intentionally interpret said laws according their political beliefs?

I trust the Constitution - Not the legal system which has become a corrupted enterprise.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:

In a newly unearthed audio interview Hillary Clinton reveals how she managed to get a plea bargain for a man accused of raping a 12-year-old girl - and shockingly laughs as she indicated she knew he may have been guilty.

During the course of the conversation which dates from the early 1980s, Clinton, then 27, outlines how she used a mistake by the prosecution to get 41-year-old Thomas Alfred Taylor to walk free.

Read more: Hillary Clinton LAUGHS as she recalls how she helped 'child rapist' walk free | Daily Mail Online

As usual, those who would willingly trash the Constitution come out of the woodwork and paint what I said in their own twisted logic. I am a Constitutionalist, that doesn't mean I have to like the way our "Country of Laws" has been subverted by the very people we entrust the lawmaking to.

Tell me...
Do you also support the slush fund that Congress setup for themselves to settle their own illegal actions? After all, they also made it law they can't be revealed.

Do you trust state congressmen who intentionally pass laws that are "open to interpretation" and the city attorneys and prodecutors who openly state they intentionally interpret said laws according their political beliefs?

I trust the Constitution - Not the legal system which has become a corrupted enterprise.
So ~ not everyone is entitled to a defense?

Old 11-22-2017, 04:26 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:

Tell me...

I've personally listened to the recording, I do not need to rely on the opining of the Daily Fail. Yes, she laughed. It was when she was describing things like the prosecution doing destructive testing on evidence - the victim's underwear - and then sending the defense the destroyed article. Just so you know, that's what we call in the legal field a big no-no. There were other examples of the ineptitude of the prosecution, and why they ended up having to plead the case.

She also laughed at the fact that her client passed a lie detector, and what that demonstrated about the fallibility of lie detectors - which is why they are not admissible in court. At no time did she ever laugh about the seriousness of the subject matter of the case. And it doesn't matter what the Daily Mail says or how they try to cast a negative light on it.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what connection you think there is. But no, I am appalled that Congress set up a slush fund to hide the settlements of the sexual assault and/or harassment claims against them. Which has absolutely zero to do with the idea that every criminal defendant is entitled to representation by competent counsel.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:36 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
No, it just makes money more important than a conscience. EXP: Hillary actually joked about getting a pedophile off the hook, and his victim (13-year-old girl) completely shamed.

Does that make her a criminal... no. It does make her a PoS though.

So those that are accused of a crime don't deserve representation.

Judge Roy Moore was endorsed by the KKK for his stance on gay marriage.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:11 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Exactly. You can't associate a perps crime with a defense attorney.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, that is what attorneys do. Every person charged with a crime is entitled to be represented in court. I myself represented some crooks in my private years, but that does not make me a crook.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
But the 63-year-old Democrat has built his campaign largely on his personal history and legal record during his stint as a U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Alabama, where he successfully prosecuted two KKK members linked to the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in 1963 that left four African-American children dead.

But while Jones and the media tout his prosecution of the KKK members, his lesser-known record as a private defense attorney in the 1980s is often overlooked. In one case, he defended Tom Posey, the infamous figure during the Iran-Contra scandal, who had ties with the KKK and Holocaust deniers.

You didn't know that defense attornies defend people. That is their job.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:23 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,066,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I've personally listened to the recording, I do not need to rely on the opining of the Daily Fail. Yes, she laughed. It was when she was describing things like the prosecution doing destructive testing on evidence - the victim's underwear - and then sending the defense the destroyed article. Just so you know, that's what we call in the legal field a big no-no. There were other examples of the ineptitude of the prosecution, and why they ended up having to plead the case.

She also laughed at the fact that her client passed a lie detector, and what that demonstrated about the fallibility of lie detectors - which is why they are not admissible in court. At no time did she ever laugh about the seriousness of the subject matter of the case. And it doesn't matter what the Daily Mail says or how they try to cast a negative light on it.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what connection you think there is. But no, I am appalled that Congress set up a slush fund to hide the settlements of the sexual assault and/or harassment claims against them. Which has absolutely zero to do with the idea that every criminal defendant is entitled to representation by competent counsel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies