Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 05:46 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So those that are accused of a crime don't deserve representation.

Judge Roy Moore was endorsed by the KKK for his stance on gay marriage.
Can you provide a source of that claim?

I recall a KKK person endorsing Hillary, and obviously the very liberal Robert Byrd was a high level KKK member at one point, and he was praised by Hillary and Obama as a great man when he passed away.

I always see Democrats trying to link KKK with GOP but the KKK was allied with Democratic party in the segregation era.

There are a lot of religious black people that agree with Moore on gay marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 05:48 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Exactly. You can't associate a perps crime with a defense attorney.

[/b]
Very true, we have attorneys defending Trump!

Old 11-22-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post

I recall a KKK person endorsing Hillary, and obviously the very liberal Robert Byrd was a high level KKK member at one point, and he was praised by Hillary and Obama as a great man when he passed away.

I always see Democrats trying to link KKK with GOP but the KKK was allied with Democratic party in the segregation era.

There are a lot of religious black people that agree with Moore on gay marriage.

The topic is Doug Jones and Roy Moore.

Quote:
“The Mississippi Klan salutes Alabama’s chief justice Roy Moore, for refusing to bow to the yoke of Federal tyranny,” Waller wrote. “The Feds have no authority over individual States marriage laws. The fudgepackers from Hollywood and all major news networks are in shock that the good people from the heart of Dixie are resisting their Imperialist, Communist Homosexual agenda
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...n_6669734.html

Old 11-22-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The topic is Doug Jones and Roy Moore.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...n_6669734.html
I understand but Democrats are constantly trying to tie GOP in general with KKK but historically the KKK has been tied to Democrat party.

My point is there are likely KKK people that support Doug Jones.

Unless Roy Moore touted a KKK endorsement, it is irrelevant if KKK people endorsed him. A politician can't control who endorses them. If KKK really wnated to help Roy Moore, they wouldn't endorse him.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:00 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:

You know who else praised Robert Bryd as a great man when he died?

The NAACP.

Yep, that NAACP. I know the right wingers love to trot out his name as some sort of gotcha, but oddly enough, I'm going to rely on the judgement of the NAACP and not that of the GOP, whose leader demonstrates his racist tendencies on a daily basis.

Quote:
Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation,” stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. “Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

“Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation,” stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. “Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed.”
NAACP mourns Byrd's death | TheHill

Old 11-22-2017, 06:02 PM

Ok, I'm not getting into it with you on Byrd. I'm making a larger point that historically KKK has supported Democrats so there are likely KKK members that support Doug Jones.

Racists don't all agree on politics.

I meant to also point out that if Moore had defended a KKK person and Holocaust denier as a lawyer, most Democrats wouldn't point out that's his job as a lawyer.

A good way to verify that is to consider Democrats don't point out that the mall manager in the early 80s, and two other mall employees at that time said Moore wasn't banned. They only talk about the people who asserted he was banned.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:05 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Ok, I'm not getting into it with you on Byrd. I'm making a larger point that historically KKK has supported Democrats so there are likely KKK members that support Doug Jones.

Racists don't all agree on politics.
Yes, historically the Dixiecrats and KKK were aligned. But that was well over half a century ago. Times change. The KKK and the GOP are entwined these days. We've seen that all over the country, such as at all of Trump's rallies and in places like Charlottesville. The GOP is the party of white supremacists now, not the Democratic party.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, historically the Dixiecrats and KKK were aligned. But that was well over half a century ago. Times change. The KKK and the GOP are entwined these days. We've seen that all over the country, such as at all of Trump's rallies and in places like Charlottesville. The GOP is the party of white supremacists now, not the Democratic party.
I don't think that is true. The leader of the rally in C'ville was actually a former OBama supporter who was in Occupy Wall Street.

If GOP is party of white supremacy and GOP has its most power since the 1920s, why isn't the GOP pushing for segregation? This observation proves the lie that GOP is white supremacy party.

There are no doubt some white racists who support the party and Trump, but that doesn't mean the party and Trump are racist.

The fact is as support for segregation went away, the South switched parties. The switch coincided with more educated and middle class people moving into the south from the north.

The white racists were generally all supporters of FDR NEw Deal type of government. That's not where the GOP is today. Go read the political views of a white racist like Ben Pitchfork Tillman on economics and government and ask y ourself if that sounds like a free market conservative. It sounds more like Doug Jones' economic views.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:17 PM

35,058 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Exactly. You can't associate a perps crime with a defense attorney.
[/b]
John Adams represented the British soldiers who allegedly massacred Boston teens who threw snow at them; and he was a Founding Father, hardly pro-British.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I understand but Democrats are constantly trying to tie GOP in general with KKK but historically the KKK has been tied to Democrat party.

My point is there are likely KKK people that support Doug Jones.

Unless Roy Moore touted a KKK endorsement, it is irrelevant if KKK people endorsed him. A politician can't control who endorses them. If KKK really wnated to help Roy Moore, they wouldn't endorse him.
Yes the democrats were the original supporters of the KKK decades ago, that has definitely changed with their endorsement of both Trump and Moore. The kkk policies align perfectly with someone like Roy Moore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies