Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 07:41 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
But in today's atmosphere employment and legal safety dictates that you refrain from any such actions.
I guess if you have multiple witnesses on hand AND a certified recording a person would maybe be okay...
Witnesses only have a slight impact. I big company will error on the side of the woman to avoid legal issues. Thats why they give training and put it in your file signed. If you cross that line even a little the company has their free pass and it's all on you. That's why where I work they have a 2 to 1 policy in regard to females. Always have another female in the room when confronting a woman. Ignore that policy at your own peril.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 07:54 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
If your Obama or any type of liberal, you can't say anything without being criticized. Meanwhile racist Trump gets away with everything, nobody stands up to him.
What planet do you live on? Trump has to be the most bashed, criticized President in US history, even though he has done nothing wrong. In any way whatsoever.

If anything, if you are a white christian male, you will be the most criticized and hated person in American according to the news and social sites.

Heck, I can't even post pictures of my horses or wonderful homecooked Italian dishes without some moron saying I am white supremacist because I love traditional white dominant activities and proud of my Italian heritage, even though I have a Haitian boyfriend and have been getting him and his family involved with the horse world.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:16 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
What planet do you live on? Trump has to be the most bashed, criticized President in US history, even though he has done nothing wrong. In any way whatsoever.

If anything, if you are a white christian male, you will be the most criticized and hated person in American according to the news and social sites.

Heck, I can't even post pictures of my horses or wonderful homecooked Italian dishes without some moron saying I am white supremacist because I love traditional white dominant activities and proud of my Italian heritage, even though I have a Haitian boyfriend and have been getting him and his family involved with the horse world.
I flat-out do not believe you, when you say it's about the pictures.. I have never heard anyone complain about being called a white supremacist over horse pictures or cooking, and I know people who are deeply involved with both. It's not the pictures or the activities getting you in hot water, I promise. It's the accompanying remarks.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:36 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I flat-out do not believe you, when you say it's about the pictures.. I have never heard anyone complain about being called a white supremacist over horse pictures or cooking, and I know people who are deeply involved with both. It's not the pictures or the activities getting you in hot water, I promise. It's the accompanying remarks.
https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/ou...ite-supremacy/

I have had stuff like this article points out posted on my feeds. I also had friends joke about why white people glorify the Italian and Russian mobs, but if it's a gangster of non European descent, then as a society, they are thugs and low lifes...... and usually this gets started by posting pics of Lasagna and Chicken Marsala. Why, I don't know. But, I still post them, and even offered to teach them how to make the recipes.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:50 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaymondAr...85190791766018

Lots of young people feel they are. What do you trying k?

It's only harassment if it is repeated even when declined and involves aggressive pressure or intimidation.

You can't phone the police just because someone asked you out or complimented your looks. However if you start to pester that person or follow them and stalk them in a frightening manner, then that is when the police might get involved.

In terms of the workplace, it's best to keep your social and professional life seperate, however I see no problem in complimenting someone and neither would most women.

Old 11-23-2017, 09:58 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Point well taken, but I think anyone who has worked closely with Donald Trump for many years probably knows his character pretty well. I have also said, "if you want to know what kind of man Trump is, look at his children."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I think I will let someone else address that.
I'll address that. Among the things his children do, is to steal money from their own fund-raisers, that were supposed to raise money for disabled children, slaughter trophy animals and pose with their carcasses, as though they had accomplished something, get White House staff to promote their commercial lines of merchandise during news interviews and meet with foreign agents in clandestine circumstances and attempt to conceal it.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:21 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Is complimenting a woman's looks harassment? Is asking her out for drinks harassment?

In public no harm is done and any hostility reflects badly on her.

At work it is not to be done more than once. If you are her boss it shouldn't be done in the first place.
If you are not her boss and she didn't suggest some sort of rain check, you've indicated interest. The next move is hers.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:56 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
People know when their attention is not welcome. Some just don't care.

Weinstein, Trump, O'Reilly, Ailes, ... Unpleasant men forcing themselves on reluctant women? Old as time.
Nice troll. No evidence at all to support any claims against Trump. Just wishful thinking and the hope that if you repeat it often enough it will become true in people's minds. My favorite is the 13 y/o girl Trump allegedly raped. I love when that one is repeated.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:43 AM

19,635 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Exactly. Timing matters as well. The Who matters also. The company scumbag doing it is always wrong. That guy who always compliments a woman on her perfume, hair, make up, and clothes etc. That guy who feels the need to render the uninvited shoulder massage. Yeah he is always wrong for the compliment.

Me? I just don't do it. I keep the conversations adult and avoid the flattery or sexual stuff. I will say this. The women where I work in general initiate more of those conversations than the men. It's all fun and games until they aren't in the mood then it's a harassment situation.
I had one showing nude selfies, pics of her sex toys, talking about her piercings etc. She was the first one to complain that the men were overly aggressive to touchy feely. She was the bomb waiting to go off. I warned the men on my team to not join in and most listened. 2 did not. 1 lost his job and the other took a helluva rip.
She was moved to another team, where she repeated her behavior.
I think you and anyone else she did it to, should have reported her for sexual harassment for showing those pictures. That would be a firing offense in most workplaces.

Guys, that is the problem, you don't take it seriously and then it backfires on you. Never engage in that stuff at work even if the woman initiates it. Even if the woman seems to like the compliments, don't do it.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:58 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Just avoid the problem, as I do:
1. Be happily married.
2. Avoid interactions with women other than your wife.
3. NEVER comment on a woman's looks, whether good, bad, or indifferent.
4. Look, but do not touch, EVER! Not even an "innocent hug".
5. Never, EVER, be alone with a female older than 18 months. Be careful about being alone with males, as well.
6. Paranoia is a healthy attitude, and a great defense mechanism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies