Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 04:54 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
@Eddie: I am not sure why you are having such trouble with this. If someone is known to be innocent, they wouldn't be executed. In order to be executed you have to be accused of a death penalty crime, a prosecutor has to believe there is enough evidence to take it to trial, the defendant has to be "true billed" by a grand jury, and then convicted in a court of law. Numerous appeals will follow that. Doesn't that, to you, seem to be a far cry from making **** up and accusing innocent people of wrong doing just to advance a social agenda?
That's a sweet, innocent and naive view of our justice system.

Please read about this issue before attempting to debate it.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:05 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Are you pro death penalty?
Where the hell did you hear anyone say that innocent men being executed is a sacrifice that's worth making.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:59 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Every day, Mike Pence's policy looks better.
Nothing about Mike Pence is good,nothing.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:20 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
And what about the innocent people who were executed?

But innocent people have been executed right?

They were all provided with the Constitutional protections afforded to the accused.

This is not true of males who are fired from their jobs just because some female with a questionable motive (maybe she wants his job) accuses him of sexual harassment (the subject of this thread by the way).

In the case of rape, rape shield laws prevent the sort of vigorous process that might weed out some of the false allegations.

Even if a female is found to have lied about being raped (highly unlikely, even if she is lying), there will be no serious consequences for her.

This is particularly troubling since the only difference between date rape and consensual sex is what she says it was the next day or thirty years later.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:33 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
What are you complaining about? Conservatives have the EXACT same position on the death penalty.

damn! What a stupid comment. Try an educate yourself a little.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:03 AM

93 posts, read 77,614 times
Yeah, that IS an unpopular opinion. Meaning even she realizes her views do not represent most women.

As a feminist myself I found her comment to be unhelpful. I believe in equal treatment for women. That's what feminism means to me. I NEVER want to hurt an innocent person. Male or female. I constantly feel the ridiculous need to explain to men that feminism does not mean I hate them. Her comment made me ill because it just reinforces that and misrepresents the cause. #notALLfeminists

Old 11-24-2017, 07:13 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Where the hell did you hear anyone say that innocent men being executed is a sacrifice that's worth making.
Check out the death penalty threads on this forum.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:43 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbeater Bliss View Post
Yeah, that IS an unpopular opinion. Meaning even she realizes her views do not represent most women.

As a feminist myself I found her comment to be unhelpful. I believe in equal treatment for women. That's what feminism means to me. I NEVER want to hurt an innocent person. Male or female. I constantly feel the ridiculous need to explain to men that feminism does not mean I hate them. Her comment made me ill because it just reinforces that and misrepresents the cause. #notALLfeminists
Yeah, it gets old trying to explain that no, I don’t hate men. Really all I want is for me (and women) to be able to control our own destiny and have choices. Simple ones like the ability to work, own things, vote and have the same general opportunities as men. We have come a long way. There are still some problems, though.

I don’t think we should be considered superior to men and try to rule the world, etc or whatever else ideas that the ultra feminists hold or people think they hold. I’m happily married to an awesome dude, etc.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbeater Bliss View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Yeah, it gets old trying to explain that no, I don’t hate men. Really all I want is for me (and women) to be able to control our own destiny and have choices. Simple ones like the ability to work, own things, vote and have the same general opportunities as men. We have come a long way. There are still some problems, though.

I don’t think we should be considered superior to men and try to rule the world, etc or whatever else ideas that the ultra feminists hold or people think they hold. I’m happily married to an awesome dude, etc.
well said both of you, and i support your point of view.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:37 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
And what about the innocent people who were executed?

But innocent people have been executed right?

I specified cases of obvious guilt and named names. When a jury has to deliberate days on end or even gets hung a capital sentence should not be handed down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies