Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 12:48 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Best list of LOSERS I've seen in a while. All are irrelevant today. Nice try though. Maybe add yourself?
Irrelevant? Wow harsh word from some person posting on the web...

Old 11-25-2017, 12:58 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I'd LOVE to see the rage tweets that would come out if TIME put Mueller on the cover.
.........or Colin Kaperneck

Old 11-25-2017, 01:12 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
That would be tremendous. Frankly not too far fetched given the award criteria.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:21 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
what's relevant is trump's need to lie about the offer to placate his ego.
what's even more disturbing is that he actually took the time to think about this and come up with a plan to make himself look good!

I can imagine the phone call from him to Time:

45 calls Time "I'm going to be on the cover this year, right?"

Time: we don't announce that until December 6.

45: so you aren't promising i'll be on the cover?

Time: correct

45 takes steps to protect his ego by lying, saying Time wanted him but he doesn't have the 'time' to do a photo shoot.

PATHETIC

EMBARRASING

SHAMEFUL

Old 11-25-2017, 01:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
or James Comey.

he certainly influenced goings-on in the country.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:24 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good for him, Time hasn't been relevant in decades.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...005953359.html

Hilarious!

First, I have to say, your comment about relevance is silly. Trump wallows in any kind of praise, from any source, no matter how minor, no matter how inappropriate (e.g. from despots).

But in reality, he was so aware of the prestige, and maybe so yearning for the spotlight, that he has showcased a fake Time issue for years. I love Rick Stengel's comment, pointing this out.

The truth is that Trump would probably be very leery of being selected. Time would probably do a factual story which would include a lengthy description of his incompetence. After all, even Hitler was Man of the Year.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:29 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Trump wallows in any kind of praise, from any source, no matter how minor, no matter how inappropriate
i can't help but think that this is the way it looks like around the WH these days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJcFGvNgcY

Old 11-25-2017, 01:31 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Hilarious!

First, I have to say, your comment about relevance is silly. Trump wallows in any kind of praise, from any source, no matter how minor, no matter how inappropriate (e.g. from despots).

But in reality, he was so aware of the prestige, and maybe so yearning for the spotlight, that he has showcased a fake Time issue for years. I love Rick Stengel's comment, pointing this out.

The truth is that Trump would probably be very leery of being selected. Time would probably do a factual story which would include a lengthy description of his incompetence. After all, even Hitler was Man of the Year.
He was already selected last year. Maybe he didn’t like what they said, who knows.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:49 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
He's making that up, you know that, right? And he was eager enough for their approbation that his golf club would be decorated with fake Time magazine covers featuring him.

How can they fit a giant ego like that in such a small, small person?

Maybe the phone call the pathetically needy Trump made up about the Boy Scout official calling to praise him also contained a made up offer from Time Inc.?

Old 11-25-2017, 03:26 PM

672 posts, read 503,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Why do these magazines have to put some over paid celebrity or politician as person of the year on their covers? Why not the heroes that rescued the family in the overturned truck in the river, putting their lives at risk to save children that they don't even know. To me, this is what real people of interests are and what brings hope to everyone.

Time Magazine has never chosen a Celebrity for Person of the year! The only Celebrity was Ronald Reagan but he was also president. Groups of people have been pick before like Ebola Fighters

Maybe do a little research?

Here the list of every person who been PErson of the year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Person_of_the_Year

I actually don't have a problem with them choosing a Politician. It depends on who though. Usually, they are Head of State or Head of Government. There are world leaders who been TIME Person of the Year who certainly deserved the Honor! Churchill and FDR are two.

Remeber 'Person of the Year" doesn't necessarily mean they are the person of the year in that sense. It can have different meanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies