Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 10:31 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
One indication of how unintelligent and uninformed this post is, is the passage I've bolded: It's IMPOSSIBLE to "do away with God." Unless of course, you really just believe God is nothing more than a bunch of words in a book and a belief system rather than an actual Being. But of course, people like GuyNTexas lack the critical thinking skills needed to realize that.
If you want to question someone’s critical thinking skills, you might want to look in the mirror first!

I never meant to suggest that eliminating God was possible ... God could never be done away with, no matter how badly the left would like to do so, as is so obvious to those of us that possess the skill of common observation! But God has been under constant attack from the left .... such as, outlawing prayer in schools... promoting Darwinism and forbidding creationism ... even going so far as to attempt to remove “In God we Trust” from our currency.

Now you go on flapping your gums as if this isn’t happening, and the only conclusion anyone could reach is that you’re either a liar or not very bright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
That is true. Also, due to the fact that less people are getting married = less divorce. For the first time in history singles outnumber married in this country. I wouldn't say that makes people happy. Lots of lonely, miserable people in that boat too. All anyone has to do is visit the relationship board to see that.

Google: Single adults now outnumber married adults. Unmarried American adults outnumber their married counterparts for the first time since the federal government began tracking that data in 1976, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.Sep 9, 2014
Don’t try to confuse these people with facts ... facts have no meaning to them. Pearls before swine.

Luckily, there is a shift occurring .... the silent majority who still possess the capacity for rational thought are beginning to wake up to the reality that remaining silent is no longer an option, else the inmates may take over the asylum.

Interesting times, we live.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:47 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Don’t try to confuse these people with facts ... facts have no meaning to them. Pearls before swine.

Luckily, there is a shift occurring .... the silent majority who still possess the capacity for rational thought are beginning to wake up to the reality that remaining silent is no longer an option, else the inmates may take over the asylum.

Absolutely.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:53 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:

If we keep going with the Trump regime then american will cease to exist as a leader which is already happening. We will be just a non issue in the world.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Oh please. You are just really really brainwashed. There is nothing in the constitution that forbids high taxes and generous government programs. You're reading too much right wing propaganda.
WTF are you talking about? Where on earth did high taxes and government programs enter the debate?

I assume, given this off topic remark, that you are infavor of high taxes? LOL. Who is “brainwashed” here?

News Flash .... only an idiot (or a tax collector) is in favor of paying high taxes. Nobody else, in their right mind, ever ... EVER .... wanted to pay more. Certainly not more taxes, or pay more for anything!!!

James (the genius) Bond ... how much is that car? Salesman: $25,000. James Bond: no!! That’s too low, please charge me $30,000

Good grief.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:58 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
I was apathetic for a long time about politics. Then this election happened and from the start, I was all “Oh hell no”. Now I read and watch so much more. We need new parties. New president. Less partisan.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If we keep going with the Trump regime then american will cease to exist as a leader which is already happening. We will be just a non issue in the world.
And your better alternative is what?

Old 11-27-2017, 11:01 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Quote:
high taxes and generous government programs
James (the genius) Bond ... how much is that car? Salesman: $25,000. James Bond: no!! That’s too low, please charge me $30,000

Good grief.
You're right.
James Bond would have bought the Ford Fiesta, not the Aston Martin.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:05 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Where on earth did high taxes and government programs enter the debate?

I assume, given this off topic remark, that you are infavor of high taxes? LOL. Who is “brainwashed” here?

News Flash .... only an idiot (or a tax collector) is in favor of paying high taxes. Nobody else, in their right mind, ever ... EVER .... wanted to pay more. Certainly not more taxes, or pay more for anything!!!

Good grief.
The newsflash is that people have to pay taxes for improving their infrastructure and other things in their state. Who do you think is going to pay for it other than the people who live there. Yet you have no problem with the rich getting a break in their taxes. You guys really need to educate yourself on this tax plan because it hurts the 99%

Old 11-27-2017, 11:12 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I was apathetic for a long time about politics. Then this election happened and from the start, I was all “Oh hell no”. Now I read and watch so much more. We need new parties. New president. Less partisan.
Great post. We all want the same basic things as Americans. Partisanship divides. It brings out the extremists. I think the powers that be like it that way. Divide and conquer. We are not living in huts like our ancestors. We should be able to figure it out now. Maybe just get government back to the basics of paying the bills and fixing the infrastructure, etc.

All the "hot button" topics (guns, god, gays, abortion) just need to be off the table. Too many issues all won't agree on. Meanwhile, we fight while the 1% gets the most from the fruits of our labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies