Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 11:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I think the same thing of those who want diversity in such large numbers that it dilutes and replaces a country's identifying culture and language.

Quote:
What part of "were" don't you get? The U.S. paid Mexico $15 million for those southwestern territories and that doesn't nullify the fact that we had already adopted English as our de facto national language and had an identifying national culture (the melting pot). All other cultures were and are minority ones that didn't and aren't joining the melting pot. You are comparing an illegal invasion in modern times with internationally recognized borders to that?
The United States declared war on Mexico in 1846 and took that territory by force.

They did not willingly "sell" us that land for $15m. We declared war; we put a gun to their heads and forced them to give it to us, and then we decided we'd give them $15m in the treaty so it didn't look as bad.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:31 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Blooms View Post
I don't want to live around "Diversity" to me Diversity = Crime and we all know who are the criminals in America. It sure isn't people from the European Continent .
Actually, crime is crime. Being of a different race doesn't make you prone to crime. Being raised in a broken home/family in a broken environment, being desperate, that makes one more prone to criminal activity. So if people of different races living around you are not being criminals, are actually being hardworking, productive people, would it still bother you to be around those persons? Or does being from a different race than your own automatically mean "criminal-bent and nutty"?

Old 12-05-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I wish someone would tell me what the point of diversity?
I wish someone would tell me how diversity is harmful to me. However, no one is answering that.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
The United States declared war on Mexico in 1846 and took that territory by force.

They did not willingly "sell" us that land for $15m. We declared war; we put a gun to their heads and forced them to give it to us, and then we decided we'd give them $15m in the treaty so it didn't look as bad.
Correct

Old 12-05-2017, 11:35 AM

57 posts, read 51,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
In my area, there has ALWAYS been lots "Diversity". But they didn't care about that, back in the old days. It was a meaningless term to them. Even just fifty-sixty years ago.
All that DID matter was working hard and making money, whatever your ethnic background (and church, for most of them). When that's all you're focused on, then people get along great. And everybody prospers, oddly enogh.

Today, this phony push for "Diversity" has pushed all of that aside.

I could not agree with you more. As a native Californian, I have seen how the 'multicultural hoax,' is a pretext. It's a scam, scheme, and façade for the new world order and we're going to defeat this. Multiculturalism is forced and it actually creates higher levels of racism, which is the opposite of what it's intended to do.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90266 View Post
I could not agree with you more. As a native Californian, I have seen how the 'multicultural hoax,' is a pretext. It's a scam, scheme, and façade for the new world order and we're going to defeat this. Multiculturalism is forced and it actually creates higher levels of racism, which is the opposite of what it's intended to do.
Those Brown People used to own your Native State, or did you miss that State History class? I assume your ancestors did not have such an issue otherwise they would have not moved there, you have the same choice by the way.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:50 AM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

It doesn't matter. Throughout history wars have been fought and lands have exchanged hands. The U.S. won the war and they had no obligation to pay monies to Mexico for any land but they did. A treaty is a treaty anyway and must be honored by all who signed them. The past under no circumstances does not give any present day Mexicans the right to invade the U.S. illegally. The land is no longer theirs. We have internationally recognized borders today and the past is a done deal.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:53 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90266 View Post
I grew up in California. It was a wonderful experience to have cultures around. The food alone...so many adventures. Funny how people can grow up in the same area and have such differing experiences *shrug*

Old 12-05-2017, 11:55 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter.
Oh well, I'm glad we've got that out of the way. Case closed.

Quote:
Throughout history wars have been fought and lands have exchanged hands. The U.S. won the war and they had no obligation to pay monies to Mexico for any land but they did. A treaty is a treaty anyway and must be honored by all who signed them.
Yeah none of that changes the fact that the United States invaded Mexico.

Quote:
The past under no circumstances does not give any present day Mexicans the right to invade the U.S. illegally.
It's really rich to talk about America's "Legal Rights" when it just waltzed in there, in violation of Mexican sovereignty,
and TOOK a large swath of the Mexican nation at gunpoint, forcing them to sign an agreement via coercion.

I wonder if you'd feel the same if some group of Mexicans showed up armed at your house and forced you to sign away your home at gunpoint, and tossed you a fiver as "payment".

Old 12-05-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Blooms View Post
Actually 78% of Blacks are raised with no father so it is a race problem. The Black already has a 78% chance at birth of being a Thug. It's why the overwhelming majority of them are Thugs.
Actually, it's more like 57%. How do you know those kids aren't visiting their fathers on the weekend as oppose to the father never being present?

And since fatherless homes are a big part of the problems, the problem is fatherless homes, not being Black.

The Extent of Fatherlessness | National Center for Fathering

Furthermore, if the overwhelming majority of Blacks are thugs, explain this. 1.2 million violent crimes were committed in the USA. While a majority were committed by Black males, this still adds up to about about 3% of the Black male population committing violent crimes. So you are way off by many accounts.

And you still didn't answer my questions. Either answer my questions, or don't reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies