Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 01:46 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Atlanta has been going through its own gentrification. On one hand, it did get some of the crime and blight out of the city. On the other hand, it drove the cost of living up. And the crime spread out to some suburban areas. And some suburbs have gentrified too. Some places I wouldn't bother going to years ago, I will go to them now.
Right I get what you're saying... but when it's bad is when the neighborhood was fine to begin with and super wealthy people come in trying to fix something that was never broken.

That's why I say the biggest battle in the U.S. now is the real estate battle, the average person can't compete with the people with deep deep pockets. That's going to be the war.

The govt needs to completely change how the subsidized housing thing works. The problem is the super wealthy don't want that. They want control, and/or to keep control, not lose it.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:30 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What is it that Trump is going to do, or you want him to do. Any specifics?
I voted for him on one single issue: Supreme Court. He's done what I needed him to do on that so far...and hopefully more seats, not to mention some of his other court nominations most of us don't hear about around the country (circuit judges and things of that nature).

Then, the wall. I don't know if he'll get anything done on that, but he hasn't stopped talking about it, that is for sure, despite slow movement on the issue.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I voted for him on one single issue: Supreme Court. He's done what I needed him to do on that so far...and hopefully more seats, not to mention some of his other court nominations most of us don't hear about around the country (circuit judges and things of that nature).

Then, the wall. I don't know if he'll get anything done on that, but he hasn't stopped talking about it, that is for sure, despite slow movement on the issue.
I'm ok with the wall never being built as long as he keeps cracking down on these ridiculous sanctuary cities and so on that harbor criminals.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I'm ok with the wall never being built as long as he keeps cracking down on these ridiculous sanctuary cities and so on that harbor criminals.
I think had we tackled this issue decades ago - started fining companies small and large into the Stone Age for hiring illegal alien labor over Americans to the point that not one of those thieving trash ever made another dime in America - we wouldn't have really needed the wall.

But with terrorism now it's a new ballgame. There are people trying to infiltrate our southern border and not for good reasons.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:05 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Right I get what you're saying... but when it's bad is when the neighborhood was fine to begin with and super wealthy people come in trying to fix something that was never broken.

That's why I say the biggest battle in the U.S. now is the real estate battle, the average person can't compete with the people with deep deep pockets. That's going to be the war.

The govt needs to completely change how the subsidized housing thing works. The problem is the super wealthy don't want that. They want control, and/or to keep control, not lose it.
In my case, I am speaking specifically about neighborhoods that are not in the best of shape. Many neighborhoods are in dire shape. Those places often see crime rates drop with gentrification. I also have to consider than many persons who do live there end up leaving because they can't afford to be there anymore. They have to go somewhere.

As for subsidized housing, the roots of it in this country were initially to help those in the city who were struggling to pay their rent. They were for the working people. It morphed into a place to warehouse people over time. When Blacks started going into housing projects, in many cases, it was because it was difficult to get housing in many parts of cities. For instance, Chicago. Many Blacks ended up in the slums. A solution was to build public housing. The problem? Many people didn't want public housing in the neighborhood if large numbers of Blacks were going to be living in them.

Right now, real estate is cheapest in the places where people don't want to be, or where demand underwhelms supply. Mississippi would no doubt be a cheap place to live. Not many people want to be there and Mississippi has plenty of room. California is a large state, but much of the state isn't livable thanks to geography. 39 million people living in California and most of the population is near the coast. Central Valley is a farming region, so that is something to consider. People are going in and out of California all the time. Everyone is chasing after the most desired places.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:10 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
60 years ago, African Americans weren't even allowed to use the same restrooms or drinking fountains as Caucasians in many parts of the country.

Sounds like they were getting along great back then, huh?
I think some people wish to return to those days, but won't say it out loud. I hope we never return to those days.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:15 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
The middle-class in this country is primarily Caucasian.

If we all stayed home for a week - the electricians, the DMV, DOT, municipal workers, the doctors, engineers, police officers, firemen, fishermen etc etc. - this country would literally crumble to the ground. Heck, a couple days and it would crumble to the ground.

And we are shoved down our throats the "day without a Hispanic" LIE as if to insinuate this country would be lost without them. Do you have any idea how insulting that is to spit in our face and insinuate this country would not succeed without Latinos, not Caucasians?

We are around 60 percent, still.
I like the idea of a national strike by whites. Let it last about a month. But only by whites who can't easily be replaced.

I doubt that will ever happen. Why? Because the biggest haters of whites are whites.

I see three possible futures:

1) Whites become a minority, lose power, and end up like whites in Zimbabwe and South Africa.

2) The different non-white groups don't exactly love each other, so maybe it will all end in a mutually agreed upon separation of the different races. Plus a part of the country for those races that want to mingle together.

3) The different races intermarry, whites disappear, and "mocha latte" becomes the American norm.

Regardless of which of the three things happens, Americans will be slaves ruled by the globalist New World Order.

I remember "day without a Mexican" in San Diego.

Best freeway driving day ever.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I like the idea of a national strike by whites. Let it last about a month. But only by whites who can't easily be replaced.

I doubt that will ever happen. Why? Because the biggest haters of whites are whites.

I see three possible futures:

1) Whites become a minority, lose power, and end up like whites in Zimbabwe and South Africa.

2) The different non-white groups don't exactly love each other, so maybe it will all end in a mutually agreed upon separation of the different races. Plus a part of the country for those races that want to mingle together.

3) The different races intermarry, whites disappear, and "mocha latte" becomes the American norm.

Regardless of which of the three things happens, Americans will be slaves ruled by the globalist New World Order.

I remember "day without a Mexican" in San Diego.

Best freeway driving day ever.
I think you're right. Not sure how it will go down, but all of it makes my stomach churn.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:32 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
I think some people wish to return to those days, but won't say it out loud. I hope we never return to those days.
No one has a problem with black people, it's the poor urban ghetto culture that some of them cling to that is very off-putting to those of higher socioeconomic/educated classes. As I've posted before, it puzzles me how the black community loves their ebonic dialect and ghetto/rap stylings, when clearly in expressing themselves that way holds them back in making upward progress, and it also makes it difficult for those outside their community to want to associate with them.

Urban black ghetto culture is not some precious way of life. Urban ghetto culture should not be equated with black culture. Meanwhile, white male musicians are the ones who listen to and admire blues and jazz music styles, all begun with black musicians. Not one of my black co-workers even listen to old blues and jazz music recordings. They are all about what's on the radio now.

Speaking in ebonics, dressing like their favorite rap musician, not marrying their baby mommas, using the N-word but not letting anyone else use it... well IMO it's a childish protest against the world, and it isn't working. Why do they rebel against conformity? Why do they rebel so much against what works for everyone else? Their N-word is no different from a white person with a Confederate flag waving from their car.

And another thing that I've noticed, is that those trapped in the ghetto culture cycle have no desire to be middle class. Just like their love for buying lottery tickets, they either want to stay poor enough to collect government freebies, or they want to be a millionaire. They don't want to be middle class. What appeals to them is an easy life living large, like their favorite celebrities. So many of them have side hobbies trying to make rap music, some of the kids at work also have DJ setups too. And the young black women throw their money away on their several hundred dollar weaves and hair extensions. One of them is a co-worker who at the age of 20 became a baby momma earlier in the year. It's really so tragic.

Urban ghetto (macho) culture is a broken loser culture and one that can't compete in US culture or th global marketplace. And our governments shouldn't be supported it with welfare and Section 8 housing. Urban ghetto culture should be stamped out, just like white supremacy.

In order to succeed in today's world, one needs to be a geek or learn a skilled trade, and stop expecting minimum wages to be a livage wage.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
In my case, I am speaking specifically about neighborhoods that are not in the best of shape. Many neighborhoods are in dire shape. Those places often see crime rates drop with gentrification. I also have to consider than many persons who do live there end up leaving because they can't afford to be there anymore. They have to go somewhere.

As for subsidized housing, the roots of it in this country were initially to help those in the city who were struggling to pay their rent. They were for the working people. It morphed into a place to warehouse people over time. When Blacks started going into housing projects, in many cases, it was because it was difficult to get housing in many parts of cities. For instance, Chicago. Many Blacks ended up in the slums. A solution was to build public housing. The problem? Many people didn't want public housing in the neighborhood if large numbers of Blacks were going to be living in them.

Right now, real estate is cheapest in the places where people don't want to be, or where demand underwhelms supply. Mississippi would no doubt be a cheap place to live. Not many people want to be there and Mississippi has plenty of room. California is a large state, but much of the state isn't livable thanks to geography. 39 million people living in California and most of the population is near the coast. Central Valley is a farming region, so that is something to consider. People are going in and out of California all the time. Everyone is chasing after the most desired places.
People move to where the jobs are what happens is people are being forced to move to an area they can't really afford because housing / rent prices are spiraling out of control in all of the cities that have jobs.

The U.S. needs to start building HIGHER buildings like they do in Asia, and invest more in public transportation, rail systems. Housing and rental prices are inflated in the U.S. artificially and intentionally by the super wealthy that can afford to buy up all of the land and property.

The U.S. is being extremely stupid in that people don't get it. Real estate is all about control and is a rich mans money making scam.

What happens when every inch of land is developed and/or owned? Once you control all of the land, you control the people. Until the people take it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies