Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 12:00 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
He is a master communicator to people who struggled to get a GED, maybe.
It constantly boggles my mind to contemplate how incredibly stupid someone has to be in order to consider Donald Trump intelligent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I saw that on the news. What an A-hole. They aren't fighting for the stock market....
I wish that were true, but unfortunately that is exactly what they are fighting for - corporate profits.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 11-27-2017 at 12:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 12:03 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
The overall point was that the tax cuts will stimulate the economy/add jobs, which will benefit service members when they return home and are looking for work outside of the military. Not a conventional speech, but one that I don't have any problem with.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:11 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
They aren't fighting for the stock market
Yes, they are.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:07 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
I saw that on the news. What an A-hole. They aren't fighting for the stock market and prob don't have 401Ks.

Classless for Trump is unusual? You mean Mr. bleeding from her whatever?
He is such an I D I O T.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:13 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
They are indeed " huge tax cuts " but for the rich. Most people see a tax increase.
This is eerily similar to what Mr. Trump said to Sergeant La David T. Johnson’s widow & family,

"He knew what he signed up for … "

I think the 'picture' would change drastically if the draft was brought back. That is no solution to this although how many folks would sign up to potentially lose life & limb if it were spelled out what it is they're expected to fight for? Huge tax cuts for the already wealthy.

If Mr. Trump is a 'master communicator' people would be wise to 'distrust & verify'.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
I saw that on the news. What an A-hole. They aren't fighting for the stock market and prob don't have 401Ks.

Classless for Trump is unusual? You mean Mr. bleeding from her whatever?
Well, really they are fighting for this kind of thing, its 2017, what other nation is threatening our freedom in anyway, so much that we need military to defend it? Its all military spending, have to keep the cash floodgates open to all the industries that benefit from constant war and fighting.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:38 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I would suggest people really search these so called tax cuts for the middle class because it's a load of BS by Trump. Taking away tax cuts from the middle class and giving more to the rich is just not right.
Well "not taking as much" is not the same as "giving".

Trumps plan should have tax cuts for everyone, and slash the spending everywhere

Old 11-27-2017, 06:16 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I still think it would be wonderful if those big tax cuts are signed into law by the President. They certainly are big, huge tax cuts and tax cuts are always beautiful thing.

Still, it just sort of seems of odd how he used so much of his Thanksgiving message to talk about the economy and tax cuts.

It seems like for public relations purposes his speech to the troops could have showcased better.

I still think President Trump is a master communicator but it seems like over the last month or two there are more public speeches that aren't real gems like they used to be.
Just about every public appearance and speech of Dotard Donnie's has been awkward, inappropriate and inarticulate. Or as you put it, "could have been showcased better".

It's hard to believe that you actually thought he was ever a "master communicator" (lol), how could he be with the vocabulary of a 7th grader? Who refers to tax cuts as beautiful, other than a dumbass who repeats the same words and phrases over and over due to a severely limited vocabulary? Add narcissistic personality disorder to the mix, and voila: Trumpspeak.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:19 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wow anti-Trumpers hate Trump... next...
The Archbishop of Canterbury thinks Trump is an a-hole too.
Archbishop of Canterbury: I don't understand Christian support for Trump - ITV News

Old 11-27-2017, 06:25 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I still think it would be wonderful if those big tax cuts are signed into law by the President. They certainly are big, huge tax cuts and tax cuts are always beautiful thing.

Still, it just sort of seems of odd how he used so much of his Thanksgiving message to talk about the economy and tax cuts.

It seems like for public relations purposes his speech to the troops could have showcased better.

I still think President Trump is a master communicator but it seems like over the last month or two there are more public speeches that aren't real gems like they used to be.
I don't think Trump has changed one iota. Perhaps you are just hearing it in a different light.
As a reminder I would point out Trump's remarks at the CIA during his first full day in office.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...langley-233971

Standing on hallowed ground at the Langley headquarters, in front of the wall of stars carved into marble to represent each of the 117 CIA agents who have died in service to the country, Trump lashed out at his critics, boasted of his appearances on magazine covers and exaggerated about the size of the crowd at his inauguration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies