Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 01:24 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What is one issue that you wish each party would drop from their platform for the good of the country? I'll start.

Democrats: Gun control. It will never happen and every time it gets brought up, it only further enrages conservatives. Instead, let's start talking about mental healthcare. It's one of the biggest problems we have in our country that nobody ever talks about.

Republicans: Homophobia. Some people are gay and there is nothing that conservatives can do about it. They can try to oppress them back into the closet but sexual orientation is not something that can be changed. I wish Republicans would let LGBT Americans live their lives and stop trying to discriminate against them at every turn.
im sorry but "Homophobia" isn't an issue.

Republicans aren't out there standing in the way of gay people living their lives. that is not happening. who is telling you this? good grief.

Gun Control is an actual issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 01:28 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
As a father of a gay son, I don't see the LGBT issue as being that big of an issue today with the majority of Conservatives. Every family has gay members. Most families have grown to accept that it's a way of natural life.

Wish Dems would admit Obamacare was passed as a disaster of a tax law and get on board that it must go so something better can evolve.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:45 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Democrats: identity politics

Republicans: war on drugs
Republicans doubled down on the identity politics from the Dems, and perfected the technique. You just don't like the Dem version of identity politics is what you mean to say

Old 11-27-2017, 01:46 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I think dems have dropped gun control, but the right raises so much money from it they are the ones highlighting it.
I agree, there should be much more discussion around mental health.

As for cons, give up on trickle down economics. It has failed again and again yet you guys keep in thinking it's a good idea.
No such thing as trickle down. That's something that was made up by the media and is the exact opposite of basic economic principles.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Stop the war mongering by both sides. Bringing the troops home to protect our borders like the constitution says is the only thing that will lower spending and stop deficit spending which is the major cause of our inflation. It would make us more safe and Americans wouldn't die protecting other nations borders.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:12 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
As a father of a gay son, I don't see the LGBT issue as being that big of an issue today with the majority of Conservatives. Every family has gay members. Most families have grown to accept that it's a way of natural life.

Wish Dems would admit Obamacare was passed as a disaster of a tax law and get on board that it must go so something better can evolve.
I've only met a few Conservatives but they say the same as you--they are not against gay people.

If somebody (anybody) would replace Obamacare with something better, then it would be fine to kill it. But get something in place FIRST. Don't just throw people off their health insurance. There are the self employed and a lot of other people who work at places that don't offer health insurance.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:28 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If somebody (anybody) would replace Obamacare with something better, then it would be fine to kill it. But get something in place FIRST. Don't just throw people off their health insurance. There are the self employed and a lot of other people who work at places that don't offer health insurance.
Problem is the people who have to actually pay for their own insurance can no longer afford it. A Policy now runs $1000-2500 a month for the average person / family. Many are electing to not carry insurance which defeats the purpose.

Don't want to blame Dems or Repubs at this point. Just wish they would actually work together to try and reach a solution.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:31 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
I wish the Democratic Party would stop their insistence on open borders.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:37 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

My family are the type that believe homosexuality is a crime worthy of capital punishment. They are of the Steven Anderson camp of Baptists. If I was to come out of the closet, I would be either disowned from the family or harassed to the point I would have to separate myself from my family. At Thanksgiving dinner, my parents, grandparents, and uncle spent probably an hour bashing gays.

I wish what you said was true but unfortunately, the LGBT issue still is a huge deal with many conservatives.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:39 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,951 times
Democrats: Immigration - The US is probably one of the easiest 1st world countries to immigrate to. Moving to Europe is significantly harder. IMHO, it's not just Mexicans. It's Indians, Asians etc.

Republicans: Healthcare reform. The healthcare system is going to continue to be a mess as long as there are so many for-profit hands going into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies