Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So Who was a better President?
Ronald Reagan 134 52.76%
Barack Obama 120 47.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 06:09 PM

120 posts, read 66,181 times

Advertisements

I can't vote because I wasn't alive when Reagan was President so I can't say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
This poll is like asking a person which hurts worse? A kick in the right leg or a kick in the left leg.
So to you they both were horrible presidents?

Old 11-27-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Reagan was a horrible president who busted up unions, driving wages down, sold trickle-down economics, used the CIA to put cocaine on the streets, while ramping up the disastrous War on Drugs. The right wing’s Reagan revisionism is astounding.
So Obama was a better President?

Old 11-27-2017, 06:12 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Was the D the decider for you?
No, it wasn't. I voted for Obama because he's black, just like all good "libruls."

Old 11-27-2017, 06:13 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Obama by a mile.

Reagan was pretty awful. He really worked to screw over working people with stagnant wages and encouraged the economy to grow through rampant credit-driven consumerism. Those things are bankrupting the country and destroying the middle class to this day.

And let's not forget the Reagan administration twiddling their thumbs for years while thousands died from AIDS.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:18 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Jimmy Carter was a better president than the last president. Carter forged peace in the Middle East.

Reagan was a great president. The economy surged and the Cold War was won.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:21 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Change the bolded to old (70 the day he took office), senile (played dumb or was losing it when questioned about Iran Contra) and a traitor (sold guns to Iran and crack here in the USA to fund the Contra's in Nicaragua, which was illegal per the Boland Amendment)

And btw, I'm a Gen Xer who voted for Obama twice, so I remember "The Gipper", didn't like him much

sold guns to Iran to get American Hostages is a noble thing in my book. Didn't Obama sold arms to the Mexican drug cartels across the border and denied the whole thing? I didn't know the Mexican drug cartels were our allies maybe to you.

Reagan was fighting to win the COLD WAR and he did, if it was up to you liberals, you all would waive the white flag and extended the Cold War for another 50 years.

Under Obama, the NSA was spying on all Americans and our allies around the world and his CIA boy lied under oath in Congress. If that's not an impeachable offense, I don't know what it.

Obama couldn't hold Reagan's jock.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:25 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times
This is the worst type of poll. Their presidencies do not intersect. Neither Reagan nor Obama represent anything but a symbol (of what, I could only venture a guess).

Old 11-27-2017, 06:28 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
sold guns to Iran to get American Hostages is a noble thing in my book. Didn't Obama sold arms to the Mexican drug cartels across the border and denied the whole thing? I didn't know the Mexican drug cartels were our allies maybe to you.

Reagan was fighting to win the COLD WAR and he did, if it was up to you liberals, you all would waive the white flag and extended the Cold War for another 50 years.

Under Obama, the NSA was spying on all Americans and our allies around the world and his CIA boy lied under oath in Congress. If that's not an impeachable offense, I don't know what it.

Obama couldn't hold Reagan's jock.
Reagan could have been removed from office, tried, convicted and executed for treason for Iran Contra, I'm glad you see it otherwise, as it proves how biased and partisan you are....

Old 11-27-2017, 06:29 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Obama by a mile.

Reagan was pretty awful. He really worked to screw over working people with stagnant wages and encouraged the economy to grow through rampant credit-driven consumerism. Those things are bankrupting the country and destroying the middle class to this day.

And let's not forget the Reagan administration twiddling their thumbs for years while thousands died from AIDS.

Obama by a mile????? put the crack pipe down.

Reagan brought down inflation that was on double digits under Carter, if that's not helping the working people then I don't know what is.....Reagan won re-election with a 49 state landslide which means MILLIONS of Democrats voted for him because they were better off with him.

and what did you wanted Reagan to do about AIDS again?......I didn't know a President finds cure for diseases......you sound clueless.

Obama didn't do crap about the killings in the black communities in the country including his hometown of Chicago.....I guess you need to be gay with AIDS to get urgent priority from the liberals.....Black on black killings? Not so important.....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies