Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 03:10 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't go so far to say that Trump meant this as a racial slur, but what I do have a problem is that no matter the event, he seems to try and slide some insult to someone into the event. This was about the code talkers who did wonderful things for us and Trump took this as an opportunity to insult someone in congress. Focus on the people at the event and leave it at that.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:13 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why do you guys believe she lied? It's not lying if she is 1/32 Native American. And she never claimed to be full blooded anyways ffs
Even if she were actually 1/32 Native American, it's a lie to say that you are Native American when applying for a job or a school.

Quote:
"There are few women of color who hold important positions in the academy, Fortune 500 companies, or other prominent fields or industries," the piece says. "This is not inconsequential. Diversifying these arenas, in part by adding qualified women of color to their ranks, remains important for many reaons. For one, there are scant women of color as role models. In my three years at Stanford Law School, there were no professors who were women of color. Harvard Law School hired its first woman of color, Elizabeth Warren, in 1995."
"Woman of color?"

There's a huge difference between having some fraction of Native American ancestry and actually being a Native American.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:17 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
and sanders with the deflect.....:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sarah-...atest+Articles)

Old 11-27-2017, 03:29 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,366,655 times
I know whole communities that embrace native American culture. The have been told they are native american all their lives. Their IDs, drivers license, birth certificates all say native american.

Recent DNA tests say that many are a mix of African, middle eastern and European with no native american ancestry at all.

I imagine quiet a few people that think they are this or that just might get a wake up call if they only knew.

If DNA could ear mark stupidity, I have no doubt Trump would be a founding father.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:31 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Liz Warren is one of the biggest phony's on Capitol Hill.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:33 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I wouldn't go so far to say that Trump meant this as a racial slur, but what I do have a problem is that no matter the event, he seems to try and slide some insult to someone into the event. This was about the code talkers who did wonderful things for us and Trump took this as an opportunity to insult someone in congress. Focus on the people at the event and leave it at that.
I think this is because he doesn’t know how to relate to people. He doesn’t have the social skills/common sense. He insulted the press during the Halloween kids event. Remember that one? Then we have today’s debacle.

I suspect we’ll see another hostage video apology soon...

Old 11-27-2017, 03:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Unfortunately this kind of idiocy has become the norm with Trumpy.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:37 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Even if she were actually 1/32 Native American, it's a lie to say that you are Native American when applying for a job or a school.

Quote:
"There are few women of color who hold important positions in the academy, Fortune 500 companies, or other prominent fields or industries," the piece says. "This is not inconsequential. Diversifying these arenas, in part by adding qualified women of color to their ranks, remains important for many reaons. For one, there are scant women of color as role models. In my three years at Stanford Law School, there were no professors who were women of color. Harvard Law School hired its first woman of color, Elizabeth Warren, in 1995."
"Woman of color?"

There's a huge difference between having some fraction of Native American ancestry and actually being a Native American.
well, isn't pink a color?

Old 11-27-2017, 03:38 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Rflmao

Old 11-27-2017, 03:43 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Pink Ms. Warren usurping Native American heritage and claiming minority status for her professional gain with NO such heritage was the racial slur.
That's simply not true, she never used the claim of Native American heritage for any gain, professional or financial.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...r-what/257415/

It's not uncommon for people to think they are part german, or native american or irish only to find out when they have their DNA sequenced that they aren't. A lot of family information is passed on orally and not even written down and is largely anecdotal. Tens of thousands of people claim to be 'scots-irish' because that's what granny said. This is about as significant as ranting about what kind of mustard Obama used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies