Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 07:26 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
According to referenced article, Warren admitted she told her previous employer, the university where she was employed prior to being hired by Harvard, she was a Native American.

Believing family lore and claiming minority status are very different.
IMO, ^^^^^ = Game, Set, Match .

Some other posts on the thread (at least 2-3 that I recall) can be summed up with 'What makes you think/Why do you think Warren might be lying?'.....

.....two things off the top of my head:

1. She refused to take a DNA test.

2. She doesn't have any ancestors on The Dawes Rolls.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:28 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No it is not up for debate. It is a confirmed fact. Trump basically had to apologize for a U.S. Senator using THEIR heritage for her PERSONAL GAIN. It was totally appropriate.
You think that was even in the same galaxy as an apology??

Plus you are wrong. She didn't tell her employers until after she was hired. How is that using anything for personal gain?

What's totally inappropriate is our embarrassment of a President being allowed to talk in public.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
I did research on Elizabeth Warren via Ancestry.com

She is easy to track. It would be almost IMPOSSIBLE for her to NOT be Native American. Her entire family is from Oklahoma and it's a large family. That is where they stole the native americans, and their land, and forced them to be. On bare land where many died as there is no way to grow food in that type of soil.

Again, it would be almost IMPOSSIBLE for Elizabeth Warren to NOT be Native American. Sure I didn't go as far as looking up her ancestry on the native american rolls but the majority of people in OKLAHOMA in 1906 when it became a State were native americans. They stole parts of Arkansas and another state, sorry too lazy to look up that one bordering it, to make OKLAHOMA which became a state in 1906

It took me maybe 10 minutes to research her history on Ancestry.com. So she didn't "claim" Native American Heritiage, she is MUCH MORE likely to be Native American than any other race.
1. After this became 'a controversy/big media story', Warren refused to take a DNA test.

2. Warren doesn't have any ancestors on The Dawes Rolls.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:45 PM

She hasn't "refused" to take a DNA test, but sure, the party that is ok with liar Trump saying he was going to release his taxes but then reneging on that thinks it's ok to say a candidate for office is supposed to take a DNA test?? Yeah, good luck with that.

And oh, btw, it wouldn't prove or disprove anything.

Quote:
To which my response was: Can she? Would a DNA test actually answer that question?

No.

Nanibaa' Garrison is a bioethicist and assistant professor of pediatrics at Seattle Children's Hospital. A Native American, she earned a PhD in the Department of Genetics at Stanford, with a dissertation focused on ancestry. In a phone call Tuesday afternoon, she explained why Brown's suggestion -- and the Republican National Committee insisted on Tuesday that it was only that, a suggestion -- wouldn't do any good.

"It's really difficult to say that a DNA test would be able to identify how much Native American ancestry a person has," Garrison said.
Sorry, Scott Brown: A DNA test can’t tell us if Elizabeth Warren has Native American roots

Old 11-27-2017, 07:54 PM

436 posts, read 302,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
1. After this became 'a controversy/big media story', Warren refused to take a DNA test.

You do not understand the dawes rolls nor do I believe you did heritage upon her family to know whether they are on the Dawes Rolls.
Even experienced Native American Researchers know they could never state what you have as fact. So please stop spewing untruths.

Due to her age, it would be her parents or grandparents on the dawes if they are. Unless you personally have researched them, there is no indication they are not listed there.

The dawes rolls are a limited, very minute, group of Native Americans living in Indian Territory at a specific time who registered for the rolls. Most did not because in the past, all the whites woos' were a play for death. You couldn't trust the whites

It isn't expected her ancestry will be on the Dawes Rolls. Per the law, it isn't really required but many Native American tribes use Daews rolls primary to verify indian ancestry for health benefits. There are also Indian Census which can be used per federal law and that is what the treaties are based on. Using the Dawes means being able to track the family better since the software allows such. It is called ?? I've forgotten though I was a member of that software. It has many records and was linked to ancestry.com. It will come to my mind soon.

Warren doesn't need to take a DNA test. Just because someone says they are chinese doesn't mean they need to take a DNA test. It wasnt required for whatever purpose back then, her personal oath sufficied. Besides....There is no accurate test indicating Native American heritage anyways. All you have to do is go to the Ancestry forums to learn that. People who have lived on tribes all their life are being told they have NO Native American blood. It's crazy.

I am one of the RARE Native Americans with shovel teeth. That is indicative of asian or native american descent. I have no asian per my research. But my family is from Oklahoma (Arkansas before that part of the state became oklahoma)

Her heritage is clearly native american. THe chances are vast it is true so there is no reason to dispute something as a fluke unless you are a dishonest person.

Again, with that big of a family and my research of her family, it would be Damn Damn difficult for her not to be Native American. So please stop spreading untruths about things you have no clue about. Especially when there is a real native american on here who has done research on her family and knows a thing or two beyond you're falsehoods. You need to go eat dinner, you Mom is calling you

Old 11-27-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist1968 View Post
Look in the mirror buddy.

Her entire family is from OKLAHOMA

Research the 1900 censuss, you'll see with her big family it would be damned hard for none of them to have not mated with a NATIVE AMERICAN. That is almost all there were in Oklahoma when it became a state in 1906.. They were KILLING PEOPLE (Native americans), whites even ran away!! NATIVE AMERICANS DOMINATED THE AREA BECAUSE AFTER THE TRAIL OF TEARS, that is the location where they deposited those who survived the trail of tears to slowly die off. The land is USELESS, no trees, NOTHING. Cannot grow there. How were they to survive??

Funny that these folks who say they hear stories of being Native American are so often SO NATIVE AMERICAN compared to others. You never said you were of Indian decent, they'd kill your ass as they did my family. I was never allowed to speak of it but my Grandma looked Indian so I asked her....at 3 years old if she was indian. She proudly said yes. She looked it and dressed the part, even had the indian accent. My dad looks indian but denied it to his death. Silly Dad, even 3 year olds might remenber otherwise. And Ancestry and Native American rolls down the line prove otherwise. Even his sisters told the truth, but he wouldn't admit it. He wanted to be white except he even had that native american accent for a long time...

His Grandpa was slaughtered by whites who stole his farm (yes their names WERE ON THE PROPERTY DEEDS) so they paid for their land,....AND my GG grandpa earned land via being in the Military. He had black slaves he was very kind to! Only those who owned DEEDS to their land -AND- registerd between 1895-1906- AND actually had deeds to their land are on the OFFICIAL ROLLS for them and their decendants to receive health benefits. IF they sign up to become a VERIFIED Native American. If their family is on the DAWES ROLLS Searchable via online. So you may have proof you qualify for benefits but the Govt goes off of the official DAWES LIST so you better hope it was recorded. Many were not.

Indians weren't just on the land first, they PURCHASED that land. How would we like to buy our home and land and have someone just show up, murder our family, haul our asses off to what is now known as OKLAHOMA then put us to work?? Any children were put with the damn Catholic Schools to be molested to the hilt. And Indians didn't drink alcohol, the damned whites brought alcohol in and traumatized them to the hilt by the abuse. Who wouldn't want a drink after all of that?? And beings it was never in their genetic code passed down, still today, look out for those Native American alcoholics. Good God they can get crazy. Just a decade ago, OKLAHOMA had signs on their licquor stores barring Native Americans from buying alcohol except at certain times of the day. That would be called discrimination now. But it was NEEDED

Now we have a bunch of drunks cleaned up by the extra funding from OBAMA from the ACA. Now over 50% work for a living. Best $$ spent ever. They also doubled the amt of $$ for Diabetes and cleared that up too. Now Native Americans are the cheapest bunch to medically cover because they aren't fat nor drunk. And work for a living.

PEOPLE YOU REALLY CAN DO YOUR RESEARCH ON ELIZABETH WARREN BEFORE LYING ABOUT HER

IT is OK to be Native American. I am half native american.

By the way, Warren gained no $$ from saying she was native american JUST ONE TIME..., admitting to her own heritage, except.... being in some club. She couldv'e gotten other benefits but didn't choose to. Shows character

Most of us denied our heritage as we were taught to do...she followed suit I imagine.
This was all already mentioned on other threads in the year this splashed prominently into the public eye. If Warren thinks she is part of one of those families who are NA, but didn't get listed on The Dawes Rolls, she could have helped clarify the situation by taking a DNA test, but she refused to take a DNA test.

As pointed out in other posts on this thread, some of Warren's actions aren't consistent with 'being taught to deny our heritage'.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
This was all already mentioned on other threads in the year this splashed prominently into the public eye. If Warren thinks she is part of one of those families who are NA, but didn't get listed on The Dawes Rolls, she could have helped clarify the situation by taking a DNA test, but she refused to take a DNA test.

As pointed out in other posts on this thread, some of Warren's actions aren't consistent with 'being taught to deny our heritage'.
and yet, you remain incorrect. Read up more about DNA testing, you might learn something and stop posting false information.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:01 PM

436 posts, read 302,774 times
Native American ethnicity isn't determined upon a blood test. It is determined upon researching a persons ancesty

DNA tests have falsely convincted many people due to their results being "opinions". That is all they are.

So no one should use them for ANYTHING. They are not reliable for ANYTHING whatsoever

Old 11-27-2017, 08:01 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,992 times
Liberals are oblivious that Elizabeth Warren falsely claimed that she was a Native American in order to get into Harvard and boost her career.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:02 PM

672 posts, read 256,508 times
Quote:
Doesn't really mean a thing. Most of the people that had mixed blood wouldn't get near signing that document. I have a lot of ancestors that walked the Trial of Tears. My great grandmother had very dark skin, very similar to the pictures you see from that time. I have the facial features of that side of the family, but my worthless Dutch father's blood washed out my skin pigmentation.

I'm glad most of the Trumpies are bitter, old retired cretins. The sooner they kick the bucket the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies