Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 08:45 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,164 times

Advertisements

They intended to discredit actual victims.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. The far right have an imaginary enemy they hate above all others. Just meet one in real life or read what they say on message boards. (I got quite a dose here from a few )

FYI: There is one group they hate more than all minorities combined: WOMEN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 08:48 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The claim of "inconsistencies" on the Compost's part is hearsay.

It could just as easily have been the fact that they saw this woman entering the Veritas office and decided only at that point to not run the story and to cite inconsistencies in her story as the reason behind their decision.

We'll never know.

What we do know for sure is that scrutiny of the sort claimed by the Washington Compost is clearly not the norm (see Gloria Allred).

This is the norm...

"When she asked what he was doing, Nelson alleges, Moore put his hands on her breasts and began groping her. When she tried to open the car door and leave, Nelson said, he reached over and locked the door. When she yelled at him to stop and tried to fight him off, she alleges, he tightly squeezed the back of her neck and tried to force her head toward his lap. He also tried to pull her shirt off, she said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.7f9c3d15fe51

Gee-wiz, compelling story!

When did Billy Jack show up and make him drive his car into the lake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well could have been, might have been but you have offered nothing that can discredit the Wapo story, what do you have against investigative reporting and yes the description is very believable in the section you posted.

Veritas looks like a bunch of cub reporters out to make a story.

In order to discredit the story, I would have to have some sort of evidence to test, but there is none.

There is a he-said/she-said accusation that no one seems to have ever heard about, until now, but that isn't really proof of anything except that Moore is a target.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:53 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The guy who runs veritas is a felon. Maybe he broke the court agreement and they can send him back.
According to the Wiki. Misdemeanor. Nonetheless. What an awful person.

We need fight to the death cage matches for people like him. Put him up against some Antifa Thug. If they both lose, the rest of America wins.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:56 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
In order to discredit the story, I would have to have some sort of evidence to test, but there is none.

There is a he-said/she-said accusation that no one seems to have ever heard about, until now, but that isn't really proof of anything except that Moore is a target.
The procedure to check a story is to investigate the claims and to find out who the witness is and whether they had anything to do with the fact pattern.

The article said that in their investigation things didn't check out. (Perhaps they checked residence information and found she never lived anywhere near Moore.) In any case, they investigated the claim and in that investigation found that the witness was worked for the Veritas project and the WaPo reporter followed her to their headquarters. WaPo confronted her and she gave a hubbita, hubbita answer.

All this disproves all those "fake news" noisemakers that WaPo actually does check and vet before they publish. That undercuts the Liar in Chief's claims about the MSM.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:57 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The guy who runs veritas is a felon. Maybe he broke the court agreement and they can send him back.
The real key here is that tens of millions of Americans will believe him. Really!

Old 11-28-2017, 09:03 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:

Didn't these allegations surface before but were kind of shrugged off? Like what happened with Bill Cosby. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. Oh well.

Look, not only did WaPo fact check these ladies, all of them told other people what happened way back when it actually took place, and those people confirmed that they were indeed told these stories by the victims at the time. Not to mention this guy getting banned from a mall over pestering teens (confirmed by people who worked there) and the rumors that have followed him for decades IN HIS OWN HOMETOWN (also confirmed by multiple sources).

Unless dozens of people are in on this massive conspiracy the dude looks pretty guilty.

I mean, what would it take for people to believe it? It just seems weird to doubt at this point.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:42 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.7d7423773cc8

Make no mistake, the right wing his injured a full-fledged war against the media. They hope to discredit all voices that are not their own.
I don't think the media needs any help in pushing fake stories.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:03 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
you could contact the daily caller and see if they have an interviewer named "kathy johnson" who interviews applicants in "the... new york....... area" .

i'm pretty sure the answer will be "no".

Old 11-28-2017, 10:04 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
They intended to discredit actual victims.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. The far right have an imaginary enemy they hate above all others. Just meet one in real life or read what they say on message boards. (I got quite a dose here from a few )

FYI: There is one group they hate more than all minorities combined: WOMEN
So you're saying a garden variety neo-nazi would prefer hanging out with a black man to a white woman?

Old 11-28-2017, 10:07 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't think the media needs any help in pushing fake stories.

so faced with PROOF the Washington Post does a good job fact checking, and with proof that a right wing group tried to trick and entrap them...

faced with that proof, your reaction is to retreat insults? Frankly you should be ashamed of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies