Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 06:45 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Not only am I sick of what Bezos and his Washington Compost are doing to Roy Moore and Project Veritas, but I'm worried that Amazon is going to become a large evil monopoly that crushes every business in sight like Microsoft and WalMart are doing.

I actually think us shopping Amazon so much is eventually going to kill a lot of jobs and lead to Amazon having a lot of power over the public with fewer jobs and lower wages and little competition.
So don't buy things there.

I find it fascinating that a conservative wants to stifle a successful capitalist enterprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 06:51 PM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
So don't buy things there.

I find it fascinating that a conservative wants to stifle a successful capitalist enterprise.
I dont, most conservatives are as bad their liberal brethren when it comes to banning, regulating, prohibiting...
Its getting really hard to tell you all apart anymore.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:51 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
quote:
Please, package theft was around LONG before Amazon.

hahah totally... But the sheer number of packages in the lobby makes me feel like i come home and live in a warehouse. It's gross. I realize some building have dedicated package delivery rooms now, well all the expensive buildings go up, but between the 5000 amazon packages the gazillion strollers and children's bikes and rocking horses (seriously, why do you need to put a rocking horse in the damn lobby? keep that crap in your apartment). it's just gross... Of course I live on the lobby floor so that's why I find it so gross. But yeah theft has always happened, but thieves now know the stupid amazon delivery people (they aren't UPS, USPS, or fed ex, but those last mile deliverers who are independent contractors who half of them seem like crackheads). They don't get the keys to let themselves into lobbies like USPS workers get so they randomly ring peoples bells (seriously) and creep behind you trying to get in. No, not letting you. You can leave that giant box of diapers out on the curb cuz im not letting you into the lobby to drop a giant box of diapers to sit outside my apartment. Let these people get them delivered at work or wait for their delivery, stop shunting it on your neighbors who don't share your overly consumptive and lazy ass lifestyle.

I did order from Amazon twice this week so I am complicit, but I wouldn't order my food and groceries and things non stop and make the building look like a warehouse and expect others to think that's okay. I deal with this at work too lol. Everyone gets their **** delivered at work, and it's all personal, kinda tired of that as well. That was never part of job description to all of a sudden have to deal with everyone's personal packages from Amazon and all those corny rent a wardrobe websites where you basically rent nice and expensive clothing to make people think you have a giant wardrobe and then return them and leave them with your mail guy at work to deal with to return!?!?!? SO GAUCHE!
Rocking horses in the lobby? It really sounds like a building management problem.

Many employers have strict rules banning delivery of employee's goods.

USPS delivers for Amazon in my neck of the woods. Federal Express contracts out. Imagine how / who delivers is geography specific.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:53 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
In honor of the OP, I'm logging onto Amazon now to buy stuff. (not joking)

Old 11-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Not only am I sick of what Bezos and his Washington Compost are doing to Roy Moore and Project Veritas, but I'm worried that Amazon is going to become a large evil monopoly that crushes every business in sight like Microsoft and WalMart are doing.

I actually think us shopping Amazon so much is eventually going to kill a lot of jobs and lead to Amazon having a lot of power over the public with fewer jobs and lower wages and little competition.
I thought conservatives were all for free market capitalism, what happened? Trump trying to use the DOJ to stop AT&T buying of Time Warner, more anti free market there as well. What's going these days. It's getting too confusing trying to keep track of what conservatives stand for.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:10 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
I thought conservatives were all for free market capitalism, what happened? Trump trying to use the DOJ to stop AT&T buying of Time Warner, more anti free market there as well. What's going these days. It's getting too confusing trying to keep track of what conservatives stand for.
They stand for increasing taxes for the middle class and increasing the country's debt and increasing the deficit in order to give tax cuts to billionaires. It's a brand new GOP.

Now the right is supporting Fake News - all upset that Project Veritas got busted planting a fake news story. I thought they were against Fake News. Seems they are the initiator of it and got caught red handed. Now they want people to stop shopping at Amazon because they got busted red handed.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:12 PM

50,277 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please, package theft was around LONG before Amazon.
Yup, dirtbags have been around forever. Those with money are a target, even a little bit of money. Too many parasites in our society.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:15 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
The worst thing is that there is 5 pages worth of comments for such an inane OP.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:16 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
remember 10 years ago when liberals were complaining we've created companies that are to big to fail? like AIG? they have short memories...like a child. Amazon is putting thousands of small businesses out of business, unskilled labor, the base of the Democratic Party, out of work ....but in reality, they love it ....lmao

Old 11-27-2017, 07:17 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times
quote:
Too many parasites in our society.

Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Youtube, Apple, and Google say hiiiiiiiiiiii
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies