Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 07:08 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
It's not funded by Congress but gets its own money, it isn't subject to oversight by Congress and it's barely subject to oversight by the President. It's unconstitutional and it must end!
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau protects consumers of financial products against fraud and abuse by financial companies. You say it's unconstitutional.

So, is the Consumer Product Safety Bureau, which protects consumers from dangerous and faulty products, unconstitutional too?

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac don't get their money from Congress either. Are they unconstitutional?

Please quote the Article and Section of the Constitution that requires a government bureau to get its funding from Congress?

You know how I know that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is constitutional? It was created by Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 07:10 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You know, I don't mind the idea of a CFPB. What I do mind, however, is the level of power this particular board has to unilaterally fine banks and what not (if memory serves me correct as to the board's power). But, then again, I have a problem with much of the administrative state in general as I believe it to be an abrogation of Congress' power. And this spat that the board's executive director is having with against the White House and the board's own general counsel make me all the more distrusting of the board as currently constituted.
It's one thing to say it's a bad idea. It's another to claim it's unconstitutional.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:11 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,008,929 times
another worthless gubment program sent out to pasture All Hail Trump!

Old 11-27-2017, 07:12 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau protects consumers of financial products against fraud and abuse by financial companies. You say it's unconstitutional.

So, is the Consumer Product Safety Bureau, which protects consumers from dangerous and faulty products, unconstitutional too?

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac don't get their money from Congress either. Are they unconstitutional?

Please quote the Article and Section of the Constitution that requires a government bureau to get its funding from Congress?

You know how I know that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is constitutional? It was created by Congress.
Yes to all of them,but as has been proven the constitution is a dead letter, woefully inadequate at stopping motivated tyrants, thieves, degenerates and their schemes.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:15 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
another worthless gubment program sent out to pasture All Hail Trump!
Bow to your dear leader. He will be deposed in 2020.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Da, comrade!
Yep my sentiments exact. There are many trolls at work and have been eroding us for a while. The divide in this country is the greatest you will see in your entire life. I'm wondering what will it take to bring this nation together.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:24 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Yep my sentiments exact. There are many trolls at work and have been eroding us for a while. The divide in this country is the greatest you will see in your entire life. I'm wondering what will it take to bring this nation together.
Communism.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:44 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,625,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Communism.
A lot of blood needs to be shed and a lot of buildings burned before we could ever get to that point. I very much doubt that enough Americans have the balls to see it through.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:39 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's one thing to say it's a bad idea. It's another to claim it's unconstitutional.
True. Of course, I also think part of the structure of the CFPB is unconstitutional. Namely the accountability (or lack there of) of the head of the agency. As an executive department, POTUS should have much more oversight over the director. Congress taking away much of that oversight ran afoul of the Constitution in my view. This issue is currently making its way through the courts.

Note, I also feel that Congress' abrogation of its power to the administrative state is unconstitutional in many cases. However, most courts have not come to such a conclusion.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:41 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Bow to your dear leader. He will be deposed in 2020.
Ah, let me guess. You were probably one who said Donald Trump wouldn't run? That he wouldn't win the nomination? And that he could NEVER defeat Crooked Hillary in the general?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies