Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 02:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Most conservatives hate that Ivanka and Jared are in tr WH
Horse pucky! Most conservatives simply think they're part of the deal.

Professing to scorn "royalty" but then according these "Klingons" all the associated privilege, makes hypocritical fools of you all.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:11 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Horse pucky! Most conservatives simply think they're part of the deal.

Professing to scorn "royalty" but then according these "Klingons" all the associated privilege, makes hypocritical fools of you all.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Question for conservatives. Would you be ok if Chelsea Clinton would be appointed a function in Clinton's WH? And her hubby without any international politics experience relevant, would be given multiple important functions representing US interests in the world?

Think about it honestly for a second. Just consider your reaction and hate.

Truth is Hillary would have never done it, or even considered it. Trump is making US look like a joke by putting those people in place. The damage to the image of the U.S. is significant, from Europe to Asia.

Well, I would have a problem with her parents in the Whitehouse, so of course she would be on my **** list, too.

We totally understand the hatred for Ivanka. We get it. It is natural for all the hatred built up after having **** thrown in your face, after being promised the moon.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:46 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Honestly, she has never come across as very intelligent and continues on that path. An education doesn't make one intelligent, just educated or not depending on whether they earned the degree or bought it. I think the Clintons are finished, the whole bunch of them. Being brought up by parents that were much less than positive role models, I can't imagine her morals are much better than those of her parents.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:56 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Question for conservatives. Would you be ok if Chelsea Clinton would be appointed a function in Clinton's WH? And her hubby without any international politics experience relevant, would be given multiple important functions representing US interests in the world?
If her policies are like her mom and dads then no.

Quote:
Think about it honestly for a second. Just consider your reaction and hate.
You obviously didn't think about it so why ask others? Your hate and knee jerk reaction get in the way? Don't know why you're equating conservatives with trump since he isn't conservative. I get it, someone told you it was true and you fell for it. That's on you.

Quote:
Truth is Hillary would have never done it, or even considered it. Trump is making US look like a joke by putting those people in place. The damage to the image of the U.S. is significant, from Europe to Asia.
Since progressive policies are known failures the thing to do is make things up about conservatives while deflecting from policies.

You're not concerned about image. How could you when you backed the war mongering, lying, bigoted democratic leadership. Benghazi taught us that.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:02 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Chelsea is really irrelevant, as are the Clintons. I wouldn't want any of them near the White House. The Trump kids are MUCH more accomplished. Chelsea even failed at the NBC job her parents bought her. You know Hillary, and Webster Hubbell.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:05 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't have a problem with Presidents having their kids and their kids' spouses working in the WH if those people are working in some capacity for which they are QUALIFIED.

My only issue with Ivanka is that she's not qualified.

Neither is Jared.

If they were, I'd be glad they were there, because Trump surely isn't qualified and he needs all the help he can get.
I'm just curious, what exactly do Ivanka and Jared need to be proficient in to be "qualified" for their jobs in the White House in your opinion? Both hold the title of "advisor" to the president. Exactly what do you think is required to be an "advisor"? I'm just curious because their job is in the title. They give their dad advice. He can take it, or not. You would qualify for this job Red. And so would I. These kids aren't cabinet members, they are unpaid helpers who are basically there to lend dad support and give him their opinion on things. And that's the beauty of the job, we all have opinions, so we all qualify to be advisors in the capacity that the president's children are advisors. Also, the reason they have official WH jobs was so they could be held under the same ethics laws as any other person employed by the government. In other words, they could have both just "hung out" with dad every day as his kids, without taking titles or submitting themselves to the ethics laws they are now held under. They chose to make it official. So again, I ask, what do you think they need to be proficient at in order to be the president's "advisors"?

PS. Jared's title is actually "senior advisor".

Old 11-28-2017, 04:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
No--who would want a well-educated, intelligent, knowledgeable first daughter when we can have a clothes horse who runs sweat shops, has no experience other than jobs funded or bestowed by daddy, who hasn't a clue how average Americans live and has had enough excellent plastic surgery to make her perfect?

Old 11-28-2017, 04:16 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No--who would want a well-educated, intelligent, knowledgeable first daughter when we can have a clothes horse who runs sweat shops, has no experience other than jobs funded or bestowed by daddy, who hasn't a clue how average Americans live and has had enough excellent plastic surgery to make her perfect?
Ivanka went to Wharton just like her dad. Perhaps the best business school in the country. Also, she runs her own companies, as well. What does Chelsea run?

Old 11-28-2017, 04:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Trump isn't making "us" look like a joke ...but the Democrats are a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies