Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 01:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

There is a book out on the shelves for this Christmas giving....
Who ever buys this book, should be arrested for child abuse!

Review

"Feminist Baby is for girls, boys, moms and dads. If you want your little person to grow up to a be a full and equal person, Feminist Baby is for you."―Rose McGowan, Activist/Director/Artist

"Feminist Baby is unexpectedly charming and warm. Pictures, here, really are worth a thousand words as Loryn Brantz does the important work of making feminism accessible with a keen understanding of what kids need to know about feminism in their young lives. Even as an adult, I found myself utterly delighted from one page to the next. Feminist Baby is not just for babies. It's for all of us. (But mostly, it's for babies.)"―Roxane Gay, New York Times best-selling author of Bad Feminist

"Not that you should have a baby for the sole purposes of reading a book to him or her, but if I were to do that it would be because of Feminist Baby. It's cute, inspiring, and a reminder that before society places boundaries on what girls are supposed to do and be like, girls can be anything, including empowered."―Phoebe Robinson, New York Times best-selling author of You Can't Touch My Hair

"With a palette as brash as her heroine, Brantz pictures this boundary-free little one as a big-eyed, roly-poly dumpling, usually not wearing any more than a diaper and a hair bow. It's just the thing to encourage kids to be loud, proud, and uncowed."―Publishers Weekly

"Feminist Baby makes me want to get pregnant again immediately just so I have one more kid to share this wonderful book with. No child's bookshelf is complete without it."―Jessica Valenti, Guardian columnist & New York Times best-selling feminist author

About the Author

Loryn Brantz is a two-time Emmy Award-winning author, illustrator, and design professional. Her picture book Harvey the Child Mime was the recipient of the 2010 Moonbeam Children's Book Award for Best First Picture Book. Loryn lives in New York City, where she is on staff at BuzzFeed writing and illustrating about feminism and body image. Find her online at www.lorynbrantz.com or www.facebook.com/LorynBrantzBooks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 01:28 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Review

"Feminist Baby is for girls, boys, moms and dads. If you want your little person to grow up to a be a full and equal person, Feminist Baby is for you."―Rose McGowan, Activist/Director/Artist

"Feminist Baby is unexpectedly charming and warm. Pictures, here, really are worth a thousand words as Loryn Brantz does the important work of making feminism accessible with a keen understanding of what kids need to know about feminism in their young lives. Even as an adult, I found myself utterly delighted from one page to the next. Feminist Baby is not just for babies. It's for all of us. (But mostly, it's for babies.)"―Roxane Gay, New York Times best-selling author of Bad Feminist

"Not that you should have a baby for the sole purposes of reading a book to him or her, but if I were to do that it would be because of Feminist Baby. It's cute, inspiring, and a reminder that before society places boundaries on what girls are supposed to do and be like, girls can be anything, including empowered."―Phoebe Robinson, New York Times best-selling author of You Can't Touch My Hair

"With a palette as brash as her heroine, Brantz pictures this boundary-free little one as a big-eyed, roly-poly dumpling, usually not wearing any more than a diaper and a hair bow. It's just the thing to encourage kids to be loud, proud, and uncowed."―Publishers Weekly

"Feminist Baby makes me want to get pregnant again immediately just so I have one more kid to share this wonderful book with. No child's bookshelf is complete without it."―Jessica Valenti, Guardian columnist & New York Times best-selling feminist author

About the Author

Loryn Brantz is a two-time Emmy Award-winning author, illustrator, and design professional. Her picture book Harvey the Child Mime was the recipient of the 2010 Moonbeam Children's Book Award for Best First Picture Book. Loryn lives in New York City, where she is on staff at BuzzFeed writing and illustrating about feminism and body image. Find her online at www.lorynbrantz.com or www.facebook.com/LorynBrantzBooks.
So you no longer believe in free speech or only when it pertains to your beliefs?

Old 11-28-2017, 01:38 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
So you no longer believe in free speech or only when it pertains to your beliefs?
I wonder if we can do a parody of that book?

And here in the Great White North, we'll just wait to get that book on Boxing Day, the book stores might offer some discount and other rebates and for those interested you can buy it at a better price or wait until someone decide to sell an used copy on Ebay.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:47 PM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
KKK Baby.
Deplorable Baby

Old 11-28-2017, 01:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Wrong forum.

//www.city-data.com/forum/books/

Old 11-28-2017, 01:51 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Hey bentbow, what's the deal you now think free speech should be reserved for just you and your mates? or is it just women you hate? My guess is you hate everyone who speaks different, thinks different, looks different and so on.
Why?

Well i have seen your posts here over the last year or so and frankly you really seem to hate almost everyone. Is there any group you like and support outside of Fat donald? i mean you can't really be against everyone and everything, surely you like something or someone outside your immediate circle..

Old 11-28-2017, 01:52 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Hey bentbow, what's the deal you now think free speech should be reserved for just you and your mates? or is it just women you hate? My guess is you hate everyone who speaks different, thinks different, looks different and so on.
Why?

Well i have seen your posts here over the last year or so and frankly you really seem to hate almost everyone. Is there any group you like and support outside of Fat donald?
He loves Alex Jones. That has to count for something.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:56 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Published by the good people of Disney-Hyperion. Published last April.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:04 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post

And here in the Great White North, we'll just wait to get that book on Boxing Day, the book stores might offer some discount and other rebates and for those interested you can buy it at a better price or wait until someone decide to sell an used copy on Ebay.

We could do a parody of the people that are outraged and scandalized about the book. I think that would be more fun.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:07 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
I would have to actually see the contents of the book before I could form an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies