Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 09:46 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Hilary lost the rural areas in those cities, she won philly or Delaware county by a landslide. She lost the rest of PA however.

To have the same five states determine a presidential election every 4 years is insane. This two party system is the death of our democracy. Time changes things, our constitution is old and outdated, don’t know why our congressional leaders have such a hard on for it as well as some Americans

Then tie in religion, you have the perfect recipe of stupid
Hey here’s a tip, before you start calling others stupid maybe you should check your posts for typos. And when you end a sentence use one of these: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 11:45 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,008,959 times
It fascinated me from the time Trump first announced his candidacy, how rural America was drawn to him.

Native New Yorker

More of a moderate than a conservative

Not a Bible Thumper

An avid golfer, with little interest in guns, hunting or fishing.

The type of big business, big shot, the rural working class usually resists.

I still don't get it.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:47 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
It fascinated me from the time Trump first announced his candidacy, how rural America was drawn to him.

Native New Yorker

Not a Bible Thumper

I still don't get it.
his opponents weren't any better...

Old 11-30-2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Is this woman supposed to be some type of brilliant thinker or just a hack on TV who talks too much?

She's got a gig on MSNBC, and has an audience. Which is about all you can say for any of the cast of thousands with a media podium. If one agrees with her, she's a major intellectual. Disagree, and she's a hack.

The same applies on the other side with Hannity, Limbaugh, and the like.

It's all about ratings and money.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Look up what's designated as "urban" by the Census. It's any wide spot in the road with more than a couple thousand people.
Census aside, for the purpose of discussion, I think people generally think of 1 million plus population metro areas as urban.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You serious? Conservatives fight tooth and nail for the right for businesses to fire somebody for being gay yet throw a huge fit when A&E cancels Duck Dynasty because of Phil Robertson's homophobia. Or how about the fact that businesses being able to deny service to LGBT individuals is a huge deal in rural America yet they want laws to prevent Target from allowing transgender customers to use the bathroom of the gender in which they identify? Furthermore, you want fundamentalist Christianity to be endorsed and promoted by the state, but as soon as something like the Buddhist Temple wants to erect a monument you throw a big fit. You can't have it both ways!
The right to freedom of religion, is a joke among Christian fundamentalists. Buddhist? Heck, they don't even like Catholics.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:20 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
How about one vote per federal tax payer?
That would include many green card holders and temporary residents/workers.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Progressives HATE this concept which is the basis for the American Republic, because they hate America, and its values which are largely rural. Self sufficiency, helping your neighbor, hard work, supporting your military, paying your taxes, keeping your family together, honesty. All values that Progressive despise.
All boilerplate catch phrases taught to you by your media mentors, with little reality.

Self-sufficiency: "Please don't close that factory, it's the only decent paying job in town". "We're entitled to those jobs and can't make it without them".

Helping your neighbor: As long as they think like you, and go to the same church.

Supporting the military: Good idea. Maybe even consider joining, instead of waiting for some mystical employer to show up in town.

Keeping your family together: A line of unwed mothers on food stamps at the local grocery, that will rival any inner city neighborhood.

Paying your taxes: Well, it's kind of a law.

Honesty and dishonesty ranges across all of human existence.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:44 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post

Native New Yorker

Not a Bible Thumper

I still don't get it.
Oh, I wouldn't say they were drawn to him from the time he first announced. I'd say they were drawn to him after the dust settled (so to speak). The previous elected officials weren't doing jack squat, it was time for a fighter. Or as I like to say, sometimes gifts come in strange packages.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Yep. I had to laugh at the situation myself. Coincidentally it was MSNBC hosts who went off script today saying how crazy it is that they have to deal with everyone being so partisan. They have to report this stuff as part of their work life and it's stressing THEM. LOL
Probably the biggest illustration of this point is CNN host Erin Burnett. For years, she was a pleasant non-partisan host on CNBC, delivering business news. CNN opened up their vault to her a couple of years ago, now she's a venomous anti-Trump hater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies