Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 01:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

When I see the 1st under attack it is more often from the left than the right. It is the left that is always crying about the Citizens United decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 01:56 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
When I see the 1st under attack it is more often from the left than the right. It is the left that is always crying about the Citizens United decision.
The left seem to like to attack the constitution.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:25 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Since these same rural Americans elected Trump despite knowing what he is, often believe in "bible law" - a direct contradiction to the first Amendment and a core part of our nation's founding philosophy, and have no problems codifying their bigotry into law, I think the burden is on the far-right to prove they are NOT a threat to our democracy / republic.

Of course, that would require them to step away from writing up new excuses to justify voting for people like Trump, Moore, etc. and to stop blaming Obama for everything from the Great Depression to the flu they caught this week, so I don't expect to see that happen.
It isn't as if they were given much of a choice. Trump or Hillary. Prostate cancer or cancer of the testicles.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:49 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Trump is crazy, but that's a different topic.

Let's take a deeper look at the right-wing hypocrisy on the economy. Everywhere you turn, right-wing Trump-lovers insanely blame Obama for "crashing the economy." They conveniently forget that the economy peaked in 2006 to 2007 and the markets crashed in October, 2008, which is before the election was decided, much less before Obama was in office. So, it is an outright lie to blame Obama for the economic crash, not that right-wingers care about telling the truth anyway.

Meanwhile, with the economy humming along after 8+ years have passed since the crash, we're now somehow to believe that Trump - a screwball who's done nothing of value in his first year of office - deserves credit? Again, completely absurd and more partisan nonsense from the far-right.
Obama was not to blame for the 2008 crash.

Obama did not get economy humming. In fact, he was the first 2 term POTUS to never see a single 3% growth year.

From 2011 which was 3 years post crash to 1/2017, we underachieved.

Under Trump, we are seeing the growth rate spike to where it should have been had we had a competent 44th POTUS. We did not. Under Trump, the DJ soared over 7,000 points in just 11 months, and not from an unnaturally low level to boot.

Economists are projecting unemployment will drop another .5% next year, with still more DJ growth.

MAGA

Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
The left seem to like to attack the constitution.
The progressives like to attack anything American and the more traditional the more rabid they are about it.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:01 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks that rural Americans are “the core threat to our democracy†and pointed to a series of tweets by liberal author Jared Yates Sexton that claimed Trump supporters “do not believe in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're advantageous†as proof of her far-left theory.

She tweeted: "This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people @JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have disproportionate power over the urban majority."

Anti-Trump MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks rural Americans are 'core threat' to democracy | Fox News

"Rural Americans" = white people who do not adhere to the progressive ideology.
LOL How is this any different than the crap we read here every day about "coastal liberal elites" ruining the country?

Someone's wittle feewings huwt?

Old 12-10-2017, 07:46 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
The progressives like to attack anything American and the more traditional the more rabid they are about it.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny, I live in a rural area in the south, and I have never, ever met anyone like this. Most just like to have the country lifestyle. Wrap around porches, peace and quiet, horseback riding, having big dogs and acres of land that is all yours. So I just think you are full of crap.
I wouldn't be surprised if the small group of women and their little girls always dressed in long dresses and scarves I sometimes see downtown are backward like how the previous poster described.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I don't live in Alabama. The citizens there get to make that choice. That's their right. And if I lived there I'd vote for him.
Why? You want all homosexuality and abortion banned? And the 10 Commandments posted in every public school and government building?

Old 12-10-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
You know I live in rural America a town of 12 hundred and don't need to be insulted by some twit on a forum.
LOL, You couldn't pay me to live in a little town in Oklahoma having as little as 1200 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies