Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 02:54 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
The timing correlates to adding Christianity to politics. I believe it's the religious taboo of child rearing. Seen not heard, etc. etc.

In the fifties, they encouraged bottle feeding.....that way all the poor men didn't have to be tempted by boobies. lol It also promoted the sell of something and we all know how American that is.
Bottle feeding was encouraged because of it's convienence.

As more women entered the work force, breast feeding no longer an option for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 03:25 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
What a crock of baloney. She belongs to a breastfeeding group, and this was meant to "promote" public breastfeeding. Who's she kidding?

They sure didn't go to DL to take a 10-month-old on the rides. But she said her husband was ready with the camera to shoot pics of the disapproving public alongside her ear-to-ear grin--photos she couldn't wait to share with her group.

Wise up, people.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:30 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
It would be a lot easier to take this woman's critics seriously if there were more comments about modesty and fewer about sagging, floppy breasts.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What a crock of baloney. She belongs to a breastfeeding group, and this was meant to "promote" public breastfeeding. Who's she kidding?

They sure didn't go to DL to take a 10-month-old on the rides. But she said her husband was ready with the camera to shoot pics of the disapproving public alongside her ear-to-ear grin--photos she couldn't wait to share with her group.

Wise up, people.
While one can argue the wisdom, yes there are people who will poke others in the eye for getting poked in the eye.

It's a reaction to those who have a negative reaction towards women breast feeding in public.

When we once again understand it's normal, it all goes away.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:42 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
While one can argue the wisdom, yes there are people who will poke others in the eye for getting poked in the eye.

It's a reaction to those who have a negative reaction towards women breast feeding in public.

When we once again understand it's normal, it all goes away.
Urinating is normal too, but one doesn't whip it out and display their parts in front of others or they end up on the sexual offender's list.

The reaction was not to the woman breastfeeding in public but with her whipping out her teats in a public family entertainment venue that has specific, very nice baby care centers equipped with the necessary elements to breastfeed.

Many times, as I have said, we had to get out of line with our son. It is part of parenting.

We no longer go to Disney for a variety of reasons, a lot having to do with the disrespect, crudeness and general behavior of others.

There is a right way to do something and a wrong way, she chose the wrong way. This makes it more difficult for those that choose the right way, not flipping out both of their teats in a public venue where children are present. Bet the younger boys enjoyed this more than the nursing 10 month old.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Urinating is normal too, but one doesn't whip it out and display their parts in front of others or they end up on the sexual offender's list.
It gets so old having to repeat yourself over the same tired arguments.

If she pulls a boob out and starts shooting it on the sidewalk, I will condemn her also.

Quote:
The reaction was not to the woman breastfeeding in public but with her whipping out her teats in a public family entertainment venue that has specific, very nice baby care centers equipped with the necessary elements to breastfeed.

Many times, as I have said, we had to get out of line with our son. It is part of parenting.

We no longer go to Disney for a variety of reasons, a lot having to do with the disrespect, crudeness and general behavior of others.

There is a right way to do something and a wrong way, she chose the wrong way. This makes it more difficult for those that choose the right way, not flipping out both of their teats in a public venue where children are present. Bet the younger boys enjoyed this more than the nursing 10 month old.
They have places to dine also but yet people eat in line.

As I note......it once was normal in public and young boys paid it no mind.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:46 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Anything for attention, even at Disneyland.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:40 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Cause I am sure that is exactly what she did.... She whipped it out and flung it around for everyone around her to see. LOL. What exactly is going to happen to these other children seeing a mother breastfeed her child and them possibly seeing a breast? Are people really so uptight about a boob?

Old 11-29-2017, 09:54 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I have never laughed so hard in my life.

Adults slurp and eat louder than most nursing babies.... Oh geesh!
I find adults making eating noises, chewing with their mouths open, slurping their soup, blowing their nose while I am eating very disrespectful and definitely showing a lack of manners. By the way, manners is a consideration for others.

Do you ever wonder why good manners are so important? After all, most parents start teaching polite words and phrases to their children early in life. Throughout life, people face behavior rules and consequences of ignoring them. Employee handbooks are loaded with rules of etiquette and showing respect to coworkers.
Why Have Good Manners?

Without proper etiquette, society would be a mess with free-for-all behaviors that would have rude people dominating those who care about others.
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

People would say whatever was on their minds, regardless of how crass it is. Forks would fly, and elbows would rock tables in restaurants and homes. Diners would be grossed out by people who speak with their mouths full of food.
...snipped.... https://www.thespruce.com/how-you-be...quette-1216688

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
What about: the guy in the green sling suit is disgusting, imo. If I saw him on the beach, I would avert my eyes or leave the area......
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Not all babies will tolerate a cover over their head. Maybe everyone should start putting a cloth over their head and see how fun eating is *shrug*
Don't be silly. I had 4 children and no one was ever smothered or exhibited any anxiety because of the diaper. We could see each other and the child was being talked to and cuddled. That counts for a lot, along with feeding them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
....snipped.....

As I note......it once was normal in public and young boys paid it no mind.
I grew up in the conservative South in the late 40's onward. I have seen boys get all giggly, sneaking around a nursing woman, trying to get a peak at the breast, throughout those years. If they managed to do so, they would run off together, giggling, gather up behind a structure and make little laughing remarks.....lol. They were boys. Now these self same 9-10 year olds know way to much for their age and are often times completely jaded. They are bombarded with so much sex and violence, their sensitivities are often blunted. The innocence is gone......I mourn that.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:14 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I find adults making eating noises, chewing with their mouths open, slurping their soup, blowing their nose while I am eating very disrespectful and definitely showing a lack of manners. By the way, manners is a consideration for others.

Do you ever wonder why good manners are so important? After all, most parents start teaching polite words and phrases to their children early in life. Throughout life, people face behavior rules and consequences of ignoring them. Employee handbooks are loaded with rules of etiquette and showing respect to coworkers.
Why Have Good Manners?

Without proper etiquette, society would be a mess with free-for-all behaviors that would have rude people dominating those who care about others.
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

People would say whatever was on their minds, regardless of how crass it is. Forks would fly, and elbows would rock tables in restaurants and homes. Diners would be grossed out by people who speak with their mouths full of food.
...snipped.... https://www.thespruce.com/how-you-be...quette-1216688

Don't be silly. I had 4 children and no one was ever smothered or exhibited any anxiety because of the diaper. We could see each other and the child was being talked to and cuddled. That counts for a lot, along with feeding them.

I grew up in the conservative South in the late 40's onward. I have seen boys get all giggly, sneaking around a nursing woman, trying to get a peak at the breast, throughout those years. If they managed to do so, they would run off together, giggling, gather up behind a structure and make little laughing remarks.....lol. They were boys. Now these self same 9-10 year olds know way to much for their age and are often times completely jaded. They are bombarded with so much sex and violence, their sensitivities are often blunted. The innocence is gone......I mourn that.
It’s nice that all 4 of your children didn’t have a problem with the way you wanted to nurse. But it doesn’t represent all babies. Some don’t like it, some want to see what’s going on, etc. It’s silly to think there is one universal type of baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies