Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 04:32 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
This is not fake news.

Throughout her academic and professional career, Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren was listed/credited as a minority, woman of color, or Native American - e.g "the first woman of color hired by Harvard University..." in various publications in the 90s.

That is phony.

Though today she's trying to back pedal today and pretend that she never misrepresented herself, that would not have happened unless she was telling people she was Native American. Why would those institutions invent something like that about an obvious white woman?

That is worthy of ridicule, and she'll never live that down. I hope the media keeps rubbing it in cause it never gets old. If she ever runs for office, she should be mockingly billed as the "first Native American candidate."
Why is this an actual story? What is so important about it that it requires an eternity of news coverage and ridicule? Don’t you have more important things going on on your life than worrying about Elizabeth Warren’s lineage? Trump’s family claiming to be Swedish is a non-story, too. Who cares about this stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 04:34 PM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No other Harvard staffers in the Law School went to Rutgers like she did. They only hire their own or Yale grads. Why was she there? Rutgers? Seriously? They needed to check the Indian, ahhh, Native American box.

Total BS unless you can prove that nugget.

After Rutgers she taught law at the University of Houston, the University of Texas, the University of Michigan and the University of Pennsylvania before going on to Harvard.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:38 PM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
This is not fake news.

Throughout her academic and professional career, Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren was listed/credited as a minority, woman of color, or Native American - e.g "the first woman of color hired by Harvard University..." in various publications in the 90s.

That is phony.

Though today she's trying to back pedal and pretend that she never misrepresented herself, that would not have happened unless she was telling people she was Native American. Why would those institutions invent something like that about an obvious white woman?

It is worthy of ridicule, and she'll never live that down. I hope the media keeps rubbing it in cause it never gets old. If she ever runs for office, she should be mockingly billed as the "first Native American candidate."
"Throughout her career", that is entirely laughable,

Old 11-29-2017, 05:13 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
So you are buying the Scott Brown Bu//$#!+.

How did that work out for one term Scotty?
That's the best you have ?

Harvard never hired from Rutgers Law School. Warren listed herself as Native American in a listing used by law schools to identify prospective hires. Harvard was under pressure from students, faculty, and government to hire minorities. Warren 1st lied about, then admitted she told Harvard she was Native American.

You can believe self-interested Harvard officials instead of looking at facts.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:14 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Whites who cannot prove any native American heritage need to stop calling themselves Indian, when they are not. Family stories are proof of nothing. Elizabeth Warren should admit she's totally white and that she lied about having Native American ethnicity.
I do agree but who truly knows unless they are say five generations or less removed. Why do I say this, because living relatives would know the truth. I mean my nationality background is so muddy that sometimes I hear Canadian, French, English on top of my German-Irish heavy mixed European background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
She didn't lie. She was mistaken because she trusted her family about it. There is in fact a difference. Lying implies intent to deceive-IE like Trump and his family did by claiming they weren't German.

As for admitting she is totally white...she has came out and said that she mistakenly believed her family. What EXACTLY are you hoping for here?
I had a grandmother who was convinced she was Irish when she was more German, especially her last name. Hessler, that is German NOT Irish at all.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:16 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Total BS unless you can prove that nugget.

After Rutgers she taught law at the University of Houston, the University of Texas, the University of Michigan and the University of Pennsylvania before going on to Harvard.
Prove me wrong.

Last edited by Pilot1; 11-29-2017 at 06:00 PM..

Old 11-29-2017, 05:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Why is this an actual story? What is so important about it that it requires an eternity of news coverage and ridicule? Don’t you have more important things going on on your life than worrying about Elizabeth Warren’s lineage? Trump’s family claiming to be Swedish is a non-story, too. Who cares about this stuff?
It is because people on either side wants to use any stupid crap they can dig to bury their political opponent, even if it isn't an issue of election or a real way to attack the politican. I agree, it is entirely stupid and any side is guilty nut sadly it is not gonna get any worse due to social media.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
But the MEDIA allows the Left/Democrats to get away with it because they don't hold them accountable. However, I agree with you in general. How can you tell a politician is lying? His/her lips are moving.
Trump has never been held accountable.

Roy Moore isn’t being held accountable.

The news agencies all have one or another set of biases, too.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:37 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Just checking back to see if Fauxcahontas has taken her DNA test yet.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:41 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That's the best you have ?

Harvard never hired from Rutgers Law School. Warren listed herself as Native American in a listing used by law schools to identify prospective hires. Harvard was under pressure from students, faculty, and government to hire minorities. Warren 1st lied about, then admitted she told Harvard she was Native American.

You can believe self-interested Harvard officials instead of looking at facts.
No, that is conjecture, not proof, but I wouldn't expect a right winger to know the difference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies