Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 10:49 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Absolutely.

My mother-in-law used to talk about her Native American heritage, and how proud she was to be part Native. We finally got her a DNA test, and according to that, she has no Native ancestors.

It's actually pretty funny how many Americans claim to be part Native. I don't think they are lying, but they are usually buying into a family history that was never true.

That doesn't make them liars. If my grandma told me something, I believed it.
i have an "aunt" who claimed Native blood to avail of tax benefits. I wonder if the IRS should start requiring proof for new claims.

Ref, Warren the real crime here is not from Warren but Trump calling her a liar. It is customary to NOT call your opponent a liar when they can reasonably be viewed as mistaken. Trump is a disgrace, no POTUS should call a senator a liar unless that senator is openly, purposely and demonstrably lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 10:51 AM

30,635 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
So you are claiming they lied when they said on the record that her ethnic background was not considered when she was hired. I'll believe a Harvard official on the record over some right wing partisan internet poster who only wants to tear down Warren because she doesn't like The Cheeto
And you STILL have no supplied any evidence to support that. Moreover, as I mentioned, this isn't just about Harvard, but UPenn, too, which would still support my allegations). So, still, even if Harvard didn't consider/know about her lies about having NA ancestry (which I doubt, if only for the reasons I explained earlier re: the directory), there is still another high profile, Ivy League law school (UPenn) where she got a job while listing herself as Native American.

Note: the best I've seen on the Harvard issue was ONE member of the appointments panel saying that he didn't mention anything about her claimed heritage to the committee and that he doesn't recall it coming up: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...r-what/257415/ Of course, this is ONE member of the panel and does not even get into UPenn as I mentioned before. But, YES, I find it hard to believe that the issue of Warren's claimed NA heritage didn't come up during her Harvard hiring process based on everything I wrote previously.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:53 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
How is this different from the president claiming to be Swedish when he's not?

Why do Trump supporters care so much about Warren, but not Trump's lies about his background (used to get ahead in business).

"...That blast of honesty imparts a certain irony to Sempler being Swedish. One demonstrable lie Donald Trump tells in The Art of the Deal is that his immigrant grandfather “came here from Sweden as a child.”

In truth, Frederich Trump arrived at Ellis Island from Germany, to be precise the small town of Kallstadt...."

Old 11-29-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Really? What law school did you go to and what hiring advisory committee did you sit on while you were there?
I am a licensed attorney, TEPLimey (will not disclose my law school for privacy reasons), licensed in the state of NY. My law school had student representation on their faculty hiring committees. No, we didn't get a formal vote, but we were still at the table. Trust, I'm not just talking out of my ass as some of Pocahontas' defenders are.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Not to get too far into a tangent here, but what do you want as corroborating evidence? We have 9 accusers (Republicans, mind you), dozens of people who attest that the accusers told them about Moore's actions at the time of their molestation, dozens more who state that Moore's proclivities towards very young girls was well-known (including at least one police officer), a yearbook that appears to have been signed by Moore, and (when asked if he molested underage girls) a bizarre response by Moore that he never dated girls without their mothers' permission.

This reminds me of that skit on the Chappelle Show where Chappelle plays a juror on the R. Kelly trial and is asked "Aside from the video tape and the corroborating witness testimony, what would it take for you to believe that R. Kelly is guilty," and he responds "If I saw a tape of R. Kelly peeing on a girl, while he was singing '**** on You', and the girl was holding two forms of government ID, while a police officer was there, like four or five of my buddies taking notes and his grandmother would be there to confirm his identity (Grandmother in turn announcing, 'That's my Robert, always peein' on people.')".
9 accusers are not corroborating evidence as these are 9 separate accounts (each accusation stands on its own). Those who say they were told of these "actions" when they occurred are all related to/friends with the accusers; that is a credibility issue, especially after so much time has passed (we are talking decades). And the yearbook that Gloria A. won't submit to for independent handwriting analysis? Give me a break. Also, Moore's statement about asking for permission from parents to date is not bizarre, especially not for the time period and state in which he came up in.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:58 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I am a licensed attorney, TEPLimey (will not disclose my law school for privacy reasons), licensed in the state of NY. My law school had student representation on their faculty hiring committees. No, we didn't get a formal vote, but we were still at the table. Trust, I'm not just talking out of my ass as some of Pocahontas' defenders are.
On your advisory committee, you scoured profiles unrelated to the candidate's application and simply counted them as minorities (without clarifying the inconsistency with the candidate) despite the fact that their applications indicated that they were not minorities? Sounds quite unlike the committee on which I served when I attended law school.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:59 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
9 accusers are not corroborating evidence as these are 9 separate accounts (each accusation stands on its own). Those who say they were told of these "actions" when they occurred are all related to/friends with the accusers; that is a credibility issue, especially after so much time has passed (we are talking decades). And the yearbook that Gloria A. won't submit to for independent handwriting analysis? Give me a break. Also, Moore's statement about asking for permission from parents to date is not bizarre, especially not for the time period and state in which he came up in.
Perfect. Just like Chappelle.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
On your advisory committee, you scoured profiles unrelated to the candidate's application and simply counted them as minorities (without clarifying the inconsistency with the candidate) despite the fact that their applications indicated that they were not minorities? Sounds quite unlike the committee on which I served when I attended law school.
The committee wasn't advisory; the student position was. And, applicants for faculty positions were indeed vetted/subject to a thorough background check. Why you state that an academic profile of law professors is not related to a candidate's application is beyond me . . . it is most certainly related to the application, especially when most law schools go out of their way to say that they take racial/ethnic background into account in admissions and hiring decisions as they seek to build a more diverse faculty and student body (Harvard and UPenn certainly do). The point is that these profiles and other information/documents weren't looked at to see if someone was a "minority" and I can't think of an example where outside documents showed something not already known based off of the application as far as racial background goes, but anything that was found in the course of a standard investigation/hiring process was fair game.

Also, why would you act so shocked that Harvard would/could do this? They OPENLY touted having a Native American on the faculty (i.e. Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren) based on that directory alone and despite her not listing herself as NA on her employment application.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 11-29-2017 at 11:27 AM..

Old 11-29-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Perfect. Just like Chappelle.
And you're an attorney?

Old 11-29-2017, 11:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Hasn't Warren admitted that it's just a family story and she doesn't really know if she has any Native American ancestry?
But she has used it all through her college admissions and her professional thief life.
Integrity & morals, is something she lacks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies