Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 06:21 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This is interesting. A lot of the black districts have changed demographically to Latino so I can see her losing. She is 78 and needs to ride off with Conyers into the sunset.

Big name conservatives and independents are backing Omar Navarro:

They include names like Roger Stone, who serves as Navarro’s campaign advisor; former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who calls him on a weekly basis; TV host Alex Jones; former Pussycat Doll Kaya Jones [frequently appears on Fox as commentator]; former Presidential candidate Herman Cain; former Arizona Congressman Barry Goldwater, Jr.; singer and songwriter Joy Villa; “Swamp People” cast member T-Roy Broussard; and American radio host Larry Elder, among others.

According to the Los Angeles Times, “a group of major GOP donors that spent millions on ads to elect President Trump also plans to take on the Los Angeles congresswoman in next year’s midterm election.”
Oh, the irony of this if this does play out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 06:23 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
That's what everybody said about Trump. A repub challenger has a rough road but if he runs a smart campaign he could do it. I have a friend who lives in her district and she says that everyone she knows is embarrassed by Maxine and hates her.
You don't understand the difference between a congressional district and an at large election?

For example, The Cheeto won my state, though only by 90,000 votes; however, my congressional district is D+22 and I don't think has ever been represented by a Pub, at least not in my lifetime

Old 11-29-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Oh, the irony of this if this does play out.
It won't succeed, they are wasting their 💰

Old 11-29-2017, 06:25 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
It's unfortunate that she chose to go off the deep end. Back in the 1990's she showed a good deal of leadership in her community after the Rodney King riots. Things were bad, people were scared and openly arming themselves in the streets to protect their businesses and their property. Amidst it all was Maxine Waters walking the streets with a megaphone doing everything she could to calm the situation instead of being a voice of the rioters. I'll give her credit for that. What she is now is a caricature of a clown, not the person that was elected a couple decades ago.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:44 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default Conservative Latino Taking Mad Maxine's Seat

Now this is juicy! I'd love to see this happen, OP. The left-wing media will be soooooooo beside themselves.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Now this is juicy! I'd love to see this happen, OP. The left-wing media will be soooooooo beside themselves.
Keep hoping then.....

Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You don't understand the difference between a congressional district and an at large election?

For example, The Cheeto won my state, though only by 90,000 votes; however, my congressional district is D+22 and I don't think has ever been represented by a Pub, at least not in my lifetime

Your probably right there's enough stupid residents in that district to keep her there proudly representing her neighborhood err I mean her ghetto district. Fine with me keep her in the front lines representing Dems. Trump will thank her reelection day

Old 11-30-2017, 06:54 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It's not going to happen, district is D+37

You are overlooking one important trend; party affliation matters less and less to many voters, especially that coveted demographic known as "Millennials".

Yes to the Boomers and their parents and or grandparents generation voting straight down the party line matters; but the independent voter is gaining.

You only have to look at how many so called "blue collar" or working class to down right poor democrats voted republican in the last election including putting His Orangeness over.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:59 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
African-Amercians over all in many parts of the USA are in political trouble. Their numbers are declining for a host of reasons (gentrification, migration, death, etc...) and being replaced by Latino-Hispanics, whites or anyone else but other blacks.

Charles Rangel's district in Harlem like many others was carved out to give African-Americans a "voice". Well that part of Harlem is rapidly becoming dominated by Latino-Hispanics. It was only with some very careful gerrymandering in Albany that democrats were able to try and keep it "black". But that effort is fading as said population declines. Worse Harlem is being rediscovered by whites and other *transplants*.

It is going to be interesting after the 2020 census to see how various minority districts fair demographically. More fun will start when state governments begin mandatory redrawing of district boundaries.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:52 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Isn't that one of the most liberal districts in one of the most liberal city in one of the most liberal state? Surprised that a republican is even trying.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"Leadership?" How? In what way?

Black? A dumb thing to say. It's about her ideology and policies, not about her color.
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies