Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 09:48 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
New workplace directives in response to offended snowflakes run amuck who think men are the enemy by default. No cleavage, no tight clothing. No skirts, pants only. No makeup, no perfume.
WHAT? can't control thyself? ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 09:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Some liberals have even lamented the "brain drain" of "amazing talent" that is being washed away LMAO
Lauer was a solid interviewer.

Lauer, like O'Reilly, were talents, rainmakers and responsible for sponsorship $.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:50 AM

833 posts, read 520,527 times
All I want to know is why liberals in Hollywood and the media walk around naked in front of other people and think its ok? I've tried my best not to envision such a thing, but what are these fools doing? Literally walking around naked in their office as colleagues come and go? I can't wrap my brain around it! But these are one of the common allegations that keep surfacing!

Old 11-29-2017, 09:51 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,090,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Advances might not be welcome, or invited. And men should do better about knowing when they are not wanted. But, it defies logic to suggest that women haven't used their sex appeal to get the places they want to go, including dressing in a manner that is sure to get the attention of the men they want (and don't want) to attract. Have you ever been to a night club or bar in your life? Hell, i've sat in on job interviews where it was painfully clear that cleavage was to be used as part of the candidate's appeal. Sexual harrassment is not acceptable in any form, but this stuff is not rocket science.
Exactly, a lot of women under 35 come to professional job interviews dressed in short skirts, often with plunging necklines. As far as I am concerned, they are sexually harassing male interviewers and should not be allowed to continue.

2,008 posts, read 1,247,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
It's pretty simple: Don't be a jerk, treat people how you want to be treated. 10, 20 or 30 years ago makes no difference. What is inappropriate now was inappropriate then.

I disagree. Back in the 80s a lot of stuff was considered commonplace or “okayâ€, that today is not.

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I can't believe this sexist, man hating message. Of course women who make these accusations are paragons of virtue and are always 100% truthful?
"There will be false accusations along the way I'm sure"....from my post. There will always be liars, those out to make $'s, etc. I'm talking in generalities.

If you cannot admit that woman for centuries have been treated as inferior and objects by men, then you are blind.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:52 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Lauer was a solid interviewer.

Lauer, like O'Reilly, were talents, rainmakers and responsible for sponsorship $.
Correct. Pros like that don't make that kind of money if they are not the real deal. O'Reilly, in the interview with Lauer someone posted said it was a hit job by left wing orgs like Media Matters. Who knows? It will be some time when we hear from Lauer.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:54 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
New workplace directives in response to offended snowflakes run amuck who think men are the enemy by default. No cleavage, no tight clothing. No skirts, pants only. No makeup, no perfume.
Men aren't the enemy by default. Men (and women) who sexually harass people are the enemy.

Is it that hard not to make inappropriate comments about your co workers, to avoid leering, touching, grabbing their body parts, assaulting them?

Old 11-29-2017, 09:55 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Oh, God. What's the statute of limitations on sexual harassment allegations? 30 years? I had one boss, 30 years ago, who would make Matt look like a choirboy. "D. S.", I hope you are sweating.. I didn't appreciate the "Electrolux" comments when I was pregnant, nor the comments about my boobs in the elevator.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Hmmm.... you mean 'reverse discrimination' ...

On the other hand, if a woman employee is having consensual sex with a male employee, they should both be fired.
These prominate players are not being outed because of consensual sexual activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies