Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 12:41 PM

43 posts, read 23,397 times

Advertisements

it is a very dangerous situation if you work with and around women

it's not even safe to complement a woman

the other thing is if you are shooting the **** with your buddies, be careful because if you are having any "raunchy" type conversation and they walk by and hear something "off color" that is sexual harassment
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 12:45 PM

15,454 posts, read 10,369,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
yeah so if I say it today I have a better chance of conning the public that it must be true

I am hard pressed to fall victim to this mob mentality in accusing every Joe of inappropriate behavior based on a statement. We've suddenly grown deaf to due diligence in finding out the truth from ALL sides.
Gotta go for now , need to go write a letter and send it to my corporate so they can quickly can someone.

I sincerely beleive that One letter and and one persons words are taking a new meaning to the pen is mighter then the sword. These "victims" certainly are taking advantage of the Few who do and did have good cause for their allegations. I don't see NBC doing anything other then falling victim themselves to rushing to a decision ( 48 hours from the time this was addressed??) . That isn't due diligence...that is them distancing themselves . Period.
I've been very harsh on the current mob mentality. Sure a current accusation can be false too. However, coming forward when the supposed offense occurs gives both sides a more fair chance to argue their case. The older "he said she said" accusations are often impossible to prove and therefore unfair. That's all I was saying.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,464,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes it is true. $25MM per year equals $481K per week, so just under $500K. And he probably got a huge settlement for the remainder of his contract, and to keep quiet.
Contract likely allowed NBC to remove him from the air provided they paid him the contracted amount and do so for any reason or no reason. Same deal with O' Reilly.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:50 PM

34,121 posts, read 18,368,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Contract likely allowed NBC to remove him from the air provided they paid him the contracted amount and do so for any reason or no reason. Same deal with O' Reilly.
Yep. There is usually a buyout clause for whatever reason they want.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Not a fan of Lauer. Never watch morning TV news. But I still think the grown up snowflakes from college are now in the workforce. You know who they are. They are the women who have been told men have to ask permission at every step of a sexual advance.

The only women who I might take pity on are the ones who are told, "Perform or be fired."
In the workplace?

Asking permission for sexual favors in the workplace is inappropriate.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:53 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,203,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Soooo, in the land of innocent until proven guilty, he got fired....over a complaint? Isn't that like your word against mine? Maybe there is more to the story. Maybe not. Regardless, is there any real grounds for this other than Hillary payback?

Old 11-29-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Baloney. Women love advances if they are being honest. It’s how they deal with it that makes them the woman they are. If they reject the advances in a respectful, classy way that is where it should end. Harassment is not acceptable, but advances are normal male behavior.
In the workplace?

I don't think so.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:57 PM

588 posts, read 557,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Soooo, in the land of innocent until proven guilty, he got fired....over a complaint? Isn't that like your word against mine? Maybe there is more to the story. Maybe not. Regardless, is there any real grounds for this other than Hillary payback?
You should read through the pages in the thread before posting. Here’s one you missed

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt-...ring-olympics/

Old 11-29-2017, 12:59 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,396,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
O' Reilly is a better match given he was outed for similar misconduct.

In contrast, Williams embellished some of his personal war stories.
Ahh. I see you keep trying to defend Laurer, Williams & NBC with an equivalence fallacy to FOX like I hold that network with some sort of relevance. I don't. I don't watch Fox.

Laurer been accused of forcing himself on a woman. i.e. rape.

No way to put icing on that. And NBC helped put forth the notion that accusation = guilt. Now it has backfired on them.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I want to know exactly what he did

Did he grab a woman's ass? Or just say "you look pretty"? Both are sexual harassment according to many women
NBC did not fire a top talent like Lauer for telling a woman she looked pretty.

Fox News did not fire a top talent like O' Reilly for telling a woman she was pretty.

Why turn this into a male victim thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies