Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 09:35 AM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times

Advertisements

Fake hate crimes are on fire this year!
fakehatecrimes.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 09:44 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
Of course everyone failed to take note of the fact that Blacks were the only race over-represented in the victim stats.

I've never claimed that white people were the only group capable of bigotry, but Blacks continue to be the number one targets of racial hate and injustice in this country.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:45 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Wow....from this table.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2016/tables/table-5

Some rather surprising numbers in this chart.

The anti-muslim one in particular when you look at race, as well as noting there are still more hate crimes against jews although likely as a lower % when adjusted for population.

The anti-gay stats got even worse and no, it's not Cletus the redneck doing the vast majority of it.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:46 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
So, do I have this correct? White people make up ~70% of the population of this country, are evil racists and commit some 46% of total "hate crimes". While black people are "innocent victims" according to SJWs, and make up ~13% of the population, but commit 26% of those hate crimes? Let me guess-those incapable of discussing facts (or that are bad at math) will label this racist.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Of course everyone failed to take note of the fact that Blacks were the only race over-represented in the victim stats.

I've never claimed that white people were the only group capable of bigotry, but Blacks continue to be the number one targets of racial hate and injustice in this country.
Excellent post to point that out, I feel we often gloss over some key points that are well known.

There are something like 50 different pages of stats in there sliced different ways so I wouldn't make blanket condemnations of everyone for not commenting on every facet.

The distribution of the offenders vs. blacks is quite interesting as it seems somewhat proportionate across racial groups.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So, do I have this correct? White people make up ~70% of the population of this country, are evil racists and commit some 46% of total "hate crimes". While black people are "innocent victims" according to SJWs, and make up ~13% of the population, but commit 26% of those hate crimes? Let me guess-those incapable of discussing facts (or that are bad at math) will label this racist.
The other half of the equation is that blacks are the target of hate crimes at almost a 2:1 ratio despite having 1/6 of the population...or roughly 12x as often.

A big reason for all of these statistics being the way they are is that it requires and actual CRIME to occur which is more frequent in poorer areas.

For example, my aunt might be racist against blacks (she is) but she's not going to go out and beat and rob one up for walking through her neighborhood while yelling the n-word.

Poorer areas, especially with gangs often have racial divisions that end up in violence and with hate crime charges as a result.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Excellent post to point that out, I feel we often gloss over some key points that are well known.

There are something like 50 different pages of stats in there sliced different ways so I wouldn't make blanket condemnations of everyone for not commenting on every facet.
Usually, I wouldn't either, except that one of the prevailing narratives of Trump's America and amongst many posters in this forum is that bigotry towards Blacks is overblown; yet the numbers you posted show that Blacks make up more than half of all targets of racially motivated hate crimes. Seeing as how we make up only 12% of the population, I think that's a very significant statistic.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:23 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Usually, I wouldn't either, except that one of the prevailing narratives of Trump's America and amongst many posters in this forum is that bigotry towards Blacks is overblown; yet the numbers you posted show that Blacks make up more than half of all targets of racially motivated hate crimes. Seeing as how we make up only 12% of the population, I think that's a very significant statistic.
Yeah in Trump's America Blacks are hating on other blacks and trying to pretend it was a white person. That inflates your statistics.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Basically, I 100% agree with you.

The other side of the coin is that there has been a mountain of racial narrative directed at whites being the main instigators of these crimes and it sure didn't happen when Trump came to office as shown by the data. Yet they commit a disproportionately low total number.

There are lots of false narratives out there from both sides and this didn't all just start when Trump came to office. Heck, the Hillary campaign in 2008 was labeled racist repeatedly.

Race based political attacks are broadly used by both parties.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Basically, I 100% agree with you.

The other side of the coin is that there has been a mountain of racial narrative directed at whites being the main instigators of these crimes and it sure didn't happen when Trump came to office as shown by the data. Yet they commit a disproportionately low total number.

There are lots of false narratives out there from both sides and this didn't all just start when Trump came to office. Heck, the Hillary campaign in 2008 was labeled racist repeatedly.

Race based political attacks are broadly used by both parties.
I think some perspective is needed here. Whites remain the majority, and, thus, the most privileged group in the U.S. They have also been the instigators of racial discord throughout the centuries of our nation's history. However unfair it may be to some whites, these generalizations aren't without basis. If I wanted to argue that white men were the most racist people in the world, I would certainly have plenty of material to support said argument.

In my experience, those whites who are truly against racism are quicker to concede that it has harmed minorities than they are to complain about the comparatively trivial ways it has negatively affected them. They understand that is no more unfair for them to live with the "all white people are racist" stereotype than it is for me, as a young black man, to have to endure the stereotype of being a thief and gang associate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies