Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 PM

36,482 posts, read 30,820,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
If they truly cared they'd report this behavior to the press and find another job.
Apparently some of them did.
Sometimes that is easier said than done, if one needs their job.
I would imagine it being difficult to truly care given so many of the students obviously do not. Parents do not, administrators do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 12:03 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,438,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Apparently some of them did.
Sometimes that is easier said than done, if one needs their job.
I would imagine it being difficult to truly care given so many of the students obviously do not. Parents do not, administrators do not.
I agree, but why become a teacher then? Oh I know. Summers off.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:06 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,131,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no. but simply questioning the administrators' (very questionable) tactics can apparently be enough to cause a poor evaluation.
It's the same in the private sector. If you question your boss, good luck.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:10 PM

36,482 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I agree, but why become a teacher then? Oh I know. Summers off.
IDK. I ask myself that alot observing some teachers. And I have questioned why I went into the particular field that I did. My passion for my work has certainly faded over the last 20 years.
Things have changed a lot over the years within the schools system. Perhaps when these teachers started there was parent involvement and support, discipline and adherence to rules. School was not a free for all.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:10 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,952,730 times
Hmmm, maybe tying teacher pay and job security to performance metrics doesn’t have the best educational outcomes after all

Old 11-29-2017, 03:10 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Hmmm, maybe tying teacher pay and job security to performance metrics doesn’t have the best educational outcomes after all
they were never interested in the best educational outcomes from the start, that's the problem.

Quote:
D.C’s mayor and public schools chancellor said Wednesday that they’re ordering a review of policies, and asking teachers to come forward, after a report alleged that dozens of students at a District high school graduated last year without meeting requirements.

“We think these are extremely important allegations, and concerning allegations,” said Chancellor Antwan Wilson at a news conference at D.C. Public Schools headquarters after a WAMU report that charged, among other things, that one in five graduates of Ballou High School were absent more than present over the 181-day school year. One senior reportedly missed more than 150 days.
https://wtop.com/dc/2017/11/dc-mayor...ons-at-ballou/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies