Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 08:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
Obamacare wouldn't have been a disaster if it was actually allowed to do what it intended to do, which was lower healthcare premiums.

Unfortunately, after it was passed the GOP obtained control of Congress and wanted nothing to do with improving Obamacare.
hmm, I wonder why Democrats didn't want republican input or listen to them when it was being written after all, we had to pass it to see what's in it. And when it was proven to be a disaster now your blaming republicans. Ba ha ha.

My god, liberals twist themselves in a pretzel to avoid blame again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 08:20 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, please understand what your talking about before posting.

You do realize that he's asking why "state and local taxes" that fund the state of blue states are so high? And then they write off those high taxes against federal taxes which means blue states are short changing the federal coffers and then they have the audacity to demand higher taxes because federal government needs more money.
Obviously that argument goes both ways. Criticizing blue states that donate an inordinate portion of taxes to red states because they have a tax deduction is not a sound argument.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
I'd argue to everyone complaining about their premium increase under Obamacare that those increases would've likely happened anyways. I'm sure that there are certain scenarios where it may not have been the case, or people would've been able to purchase bare bones catastrophic coverage, but the vast majority of people would've likely seen their premiums increase by as much if not more had Obamacare not existed.
I've had the same insurance, a very good insurance, a policy that fit our needs, for over 20 years, yes premiums increased but by VERY small increments. After Obamacare premiums exploded. Before Obamacare, my premiums was $450 a month, after Obamacare, my premiums this year, 2017 was $920 a month with notice that in 2018 my premium would be $1,528 a month. Needless to say, I tried to hang on but can't any longer. We canceled and won't have HC insurance.

The lefts absolute refusal to see and admit that the legislation is very bad is one of the reasons you lost over 1000 legislative seats throughout the country and a republican president. It might still stand but at least they know it's a big problem. When they hear us, know it a big problem. Because Democrats still won't admit it's not working and won't vote for anything to try to fix it, and some republicans too, It most likely will collapse on it's own though.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:21 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If it hadn't been for aggressive GOP obstruction all the way through for the ACA, it would have become a single-payer healthcare program for everyone. The insurance and benefit-management companies and their lobbyists, would be the only ones not served well by it.
No it wouldn't. Not even all the democrats were on board with the ACA, Obama had to bribe his own party members to get enough votes to pass it. If they wanted single payer they could have gotten it, they got the ACA abomination without any GOP votes, they never would have had enough Dem votes for single payer.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:22 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
hmm, I wonder why Democrats didn't want republican input or listen to them when it was being written after all, we had to pass it to see what's in it. And when it was proven to be a disaster now your blaming republicans. Ba ha ha.

My god, liberals twist themselves in a pretzel to avoid blame again.
Why do you come up with the same lame argument regarding the ACA, are you totally unaware how it was developed.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:24 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Because we have to subsidized red states. Red states are poor and need the help.
Liberal lie (redundant, I know) that has been debunked many times. Don't bother worrying about the facts, as usual.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:26 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
I've had the same insurance, a very good insurance for over 20 years, yes premiums increased but at by VERY small increments. After Obamacare premiums exploded. Before Obamacare, my premiums was $450 a month, after Obamacare, my premiums this year, 2017 was $920 a month with notice that in 2018 my premium would be $1,528 a month. Needless to say, I tried to hang on but can't any longer. We canceled and won't have HC insurance.
Mine was the same. I used to see a 4-6% increase every year and around 2010 I was paying around $450 for my BCBS policy with a $2000 Deductible. After the ACA went into effect it would go up 25-50% a year and now I pay for $1080 a month with a $5000 deductible.

Yes they got lower income income people insurance. The middle class can no longer afford the coverage so I'm glad to see the penalty go away.

Hopefully this will be the stake in the heart of Ocare. Let it die.

And the hate for this program has nothing to do with a Black man as President.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:31 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
I've had the same insurance, a very good insurance, a policy that fit our needs, for over 20 years, yes premiums increased but by VERY small increments. After Obamacare premiums exploded. Before Obamacare, my premiums was $450 a month, after Obamacare, my premiums this year, 2017 was $920 a month with notice that in 2018 my premium would be $1,528 a month. Needless to say, I tried to hang on but can't any longer. We canceled and won't have HC insurance.

The lefts absolute refusal to see and admit that the legislation is very bad is one of the reasons you lost over 1000 legislative seats throughout the country and a republican president. It might still stand but at least they know it's a big problem. When they hear us, know it a big problem. Because Democrats still won't admit it's not working and won't vote for anything to try to fix it, and some republicans too, It most likely will collapse on it's own though.
With this new tax law passed, I predict that many republicans will be voted out. You think Obamacare was bad, just wait and see how this will affect the middle class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Mine was the same. I used to see a 4-6% increase every year and around 2010 I was paying around $450 for my BCBS policy with a $2000 Deductible. After the ACA went into effect it would go up 25-50% a year and now I pay for $1080 a month with a $5000 deductible.

Yes they got lower income cheaper insurance. The middle class can no longer afford the coverage so I'm glad to see the penalty go away.

Hopefully this will be the stake in the heart of Ocare. Let it die.

And the hate for this program has nothing to do with a Black man as President.
Obamacare makes it clear Democrats could give a damn about the middle class.

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If it hadn't been for aggressive GOP obstruction all the way through for the ACA, it would have become a single-payer healthcare program for everyone. The insurance and benefit-management companies and their lobbyists, would be the only ones not served well by it.
Then when the Dems passed the ACA without Repub support, why was it not a single payer system? It is not like they needed support from the Repubs for it, they did not even get their support for the ACA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies