Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 05:11 PM

25,598 posts, read 56,298,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Fat cats do not hoard money. Most of it is in capital investments that promote job growth.
Bullsh*t. But, continue with your delusion. Come back in two years and say this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The GOP are fiscal incompetents. Whenever they are charge and they enact their "economic program" a few years later invariably and inevitably the system crashes. Then a Democrat is elected to clean up the mess. Problem is that the American voter can't remember more than 24 hours after the last crisis and so they re-elect incompetent Republicans again.

Next time the crash will be as bad as the great depression. The Republican voter should actually start reading books. Fiscal illiteracy is no way to run a country.
I'm expecting this. 2008 is burned in my brain. Yes, those who have investments, if they're smart enough to get out of the way, can profit. The poor working stiff living paycheck to paycheck loses his job and his house and his car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if by white hat, you mean sexual predators who make stupid arguments linking the great depression to tax policy then I will agree....

and if you mean that republicans are now the racists because they want all Americans to be free and for government to be smaller and less intrusive, then yea dems have been making that claim going all the way back to when Dems were putting on bed sheets and burning crosses.
You mean southern racists current day Republicans formerly known as southern racist Democrats. Still the same KKK, now known as Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Funny, it doesn't stop you from claiming the Democrats of that era Hero's or electing their KKK members to the US Congress or Senate in recent history
What current Dem is a member of the KKK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 05:14 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,200,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
The votes were down party lines because the GOP doesn't need Democrats to pass tax reform. Your representative could just as easy stay home and it wouldn't change a thing.

Also, I challenge you to cite your source on the claim that there's a deduction "for moving a factory abroad."
These are relocation expenses that every company takes. Some claim this expense when they leave the country. It was mentioned today at around 12:15 PM by one of the Maryland Senators.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Where's your proof?
Thirty years of the middle class treading water. Trickle down has been around since the late eighties when it was referred to as voodoo economics.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He has betrayed us, in what way and isn't that just your opinion, not based on fact?
He said one thing and will sign another.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:26 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,602,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Good. People should pay for their own stuff.
Your reply is trite and overly simplistic and adds noise.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:26 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,577,792 times
The discussion should be, why are we upset if the government is taking LESS money from certain amounts of people? Do those who believe that we need no tax cuts believe that the government is entitled to take as much money as it does? Heck, I hear some say that the government should take even more money from people.

Personally, I say they keep the medical deductions in and cut most of the services for illegal aliens instead.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:31 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,602,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if by white hat, you mean sexual predators who make stupid arguments linking the great depression to tax policy then I will agree....

and if you mean that republicans are now the racists because they want all Americans to be free and for government to be smaller and less intrusive, then yea dems have been making that claim going all the way back to when Dems were putting on bed sheets and burning crosses.
what utter nonsense Ferd it is very very simple. Trump embraces Racists dems do not. Perhaps you are not racist perhaps you are , who knows. but we know Trump keeps KKK, ALTs , Duke close to his chest.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:33 PM

4,558 posts, read 3,376,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Use a calculator. The loss of exemptions means the standard deduction only goes up by 16%. The loss of many deductions for middle class Americans mean they will see immediate increases in tax liability. Almost all Americans will see increases when the individual provisions expire in just 7 years.

I used a calculator, I even used the LA Times on line tax calculator, my taxes, according to them will drop $675 under the house bill and $900 under the Senate bill. I am definitely middle class and I can double my expansion plans for my at home business under this cut. I am a homeowner in NC.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:38 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,141,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I used a calculator, I even used the LA Times on line tax calculator, my taxes, according to them will drop $675 under the house bill and $900 under the Senate bill. I am definitely middle class and I can double my expansion plans for my at home business under this cut. I am a homeowner in NC.
Homeowner and small business owner/landlord in NYC and I will be screwed by this tax plan. You can’t paint this tax reform with one brush. Some people will win a little while others will feel the brunt.

That $600- $900 a year is going to be a wash when healthcare cost continue to rise meanwhile the wealthy is seeing in excess of MILLIONS in tax breaks.

The economy is continually doing better and I fail to see the rush for tax reform that gives tax breaks that corporations don’t need and raising the deficit and cutting social programs

Old 11-30-2017, 05:39 PM

25,598 posts, read 56,298,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Seriously - a whole $675-$900?? Geez..... well, whatever you do should really help that $1.5Trillion deficit. Have at it.

What do you plan to do when this tax cut goes away in five years and your taxes are higher??? Cut back?

Last edited by Ariadne22; 11-30-2017 at 05:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies