Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:27 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times

Advertisements

They ought to ask his wife about this. You know, the Danish blonde he dumped his first wife for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 02:37 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yeah sorry but this one I don't believe. Considering HE is the one who broke this story himself. Prairie Home Companion just hasn't been the same since he retired. I used to listen to that show religiously, not a fan of the new host.
New show is garbage. Nothing can replace him.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:43 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Who next, Mr. Rodgers?
During a Tuesday press conference, Lady Elaine Fairchild used a stuffed X the Owl doll to show where King Friday XIII inappropriately touched her.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:02 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Who next, Mr. Rodgers?
He did have " Mr. McFeely" the deliveryman on his show. I questioned that at the time, if there was a hidden message in there.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:27 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow.

i guess someone didn't want to be his prairie home companion..

i'm no fan of his leftist politics, but -

..seems like pretty thin soup.

I agree. But as crazed feminazi Emily Linden wrote, it's okay to sacrifice innocent men to fight patriarchy.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:43 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
New show is garbage. Nothing can replace him.
You won't even be able to listen to the 40 years of archived PHC shows online, after this. Notice how all these media organizations are scrambling to cover themselves, by firing everyone who is accused, without any semblance of a trial or even a hearing.

NPR and its subsidiaries say the current show will have its name changed, to further separate them from any connection with him. I predict that they will have shot themselves in the foot and the show will fold in the near future.

I won't be surprised if harassment accusations spread to the extent that women who have never even met the men they are slandering, are making claims against them. Has the war between the sexes shifted into high gear?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:36 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
There is no question that "we have gone off the deep end" - the Mass Hysteria since the Queen lost her presumptive Crown is like nothing I've ever seen.

As for "all he did was put his hand on a woman's bare back" - by his own admission, he put his hand up under her shirt to get to the bare back and she recoiled from it. It wasn't just this woman that made the complaint - 2 other women made complaints and the radio station investigated not just him, but essentially evening in the office.

It's no surprise that Garrison Keillor has been a BIG supporter of Al Franken and wrote an Op-Ed for the Washington Post claiming "it is ridiculous to say Franken should resign". Keillor is using the Al Franken "defense" -- "I don't remember it that way". Selective Amnesia? OR is this stuff so common to them that they honestly think it's nothing to Grope women?
No. People just remember things differently. This is very common as our memories do not operate like video cameras. Even more common is misinterpreting intentions, especially between men and women. So we have to cut people some slack. From time immemorial up until about 3 weeks ago everyone knew this.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:53 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
"I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it," Keillor told the newspaper. "We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called."
Something like this happened to me once. It was actually even worse. It was in gym class in high school and we were playing floor hockey, boys and girls together. I was running, turned suddenly, and right in my path was a girl about half my size. I couldn't avoid running into her and knocking her down, so I instinctively reached out to try to break her fall and ended up grabbing a breast. It was a complete accident.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:15 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Witches??? Just who do you mean, OP???

Are you meaning women who come forward with sexual accusations against wealthy, older, powerful men???

I don't see where the specifics have been released...a hand on the back while murmuring gross insinuations qualifies as harrassment, if that is the case.
huh? Being the OP..not sure where the witches comment is going?

Old 11-29-2017, 11:47 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Something like this happened to me once. It was actually even worse. It was in gym class in high school and we were playing floor hockey, boys and girls together. I was running, turned suddenly, and right in my path was a girl about half my size. I couldn't avoid running into her and knocking her down, so I instinctively reached out to try to break her fall and ended up grabbing a breast. It was a complete accident.

You'll probably be hearing from her lawyer, in a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies