Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 11:56 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I have no problem with blacks giving preference for their business to black businesses. They should do this all year round and support black enterprises.

If the Blm block or threaten shoppers, however, the protestors should be arrested.
Agreed.

Looks like they just want to support their communities.

That said, I’m concerned that the OP thinks “our schools” aren’t for black kids.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:59 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Agreed.

That said, I’m concerned that the OP thinks “our schools” aren’t for black kids.
Nope, looks like they want to stir the pot more than anything.

Quote:
Although a major goal of the protest is to hurt the businesses of white store owners, Chapman contends that the members of the "white working class" will not be vilified too; they will be welcome to join the targeting of white store owners.

That's pretty much as racist as it gets and here you are supporting it. Typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 11:59 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
They pulled this same **** last year.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ock-white.html
So you encourage them blocking white businesses?

Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
BLM says to only shop at Black owned business and donate only to black organizations for Christmas.

Hmmmmm.....
How about BLM and their supporters stay out of all schools, Toys for Tots, welfare programs, houses, hospitals, etc that all whites created and built and funded with their tax money!!!!

Or one could move to the country of their “Roots”
Considering they sure seem to be advocating segregation.

Video Link

Black Lives Matter plans a boycott of white-owned businesses | On Air Videos | Fox News

Black Lives Matter activists in Chicago plan on blocking white-owned business entrances from consumers on Black Friday in order to push consumers to patronize businesses owned by "people of color and women."

Black Lives Matter, local churches, and the Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression plan on blocking stores parked along Michigan Avenue from consumers "to draw attention to a wide range of issues, including police shootings, racism and economic inequalities that keep Chicago's South and West sides mired in poverty and violence," reports Crain's Chicago Business.

According to Black Lives Matter leader Kimberly Veal, a major function of the protest is to force consumers to forgo shopping at businesses owned by white people, white men in particular, and instead shop at venues owned by "people of color and women."

“One of the cornerstones about why we’re boycotting on Black Friday is to attempt to redirect people to businesses owned by people of color and women, and explain why it’s important to patronize these businesses,” said Veal.

Frank Chapman, a protest organizer, is expecting huge numbers this year, thanks in part to the election of Republican Donald Trump.

“We’re expecting a bigger turnout this year, though this is not an exact science. The reason we’re looking for a bigger turnout is that Trump is the president-elect and, boy, are people pissed,” explained Chapman.

Although a major goal of the protest is to hurt the businesses of white store owners, Chapman contends that the members of the "white working class" will not be vilified too; they will be welcome to join the targeting of white store owners.

“We’ve been calling everyone who has a grievance: the African-American community, Latino people, the white working class,” he said. “I’m not going to write the white working class off as racist.”

Last year on Black Friday, Black Lives Matters and other left-wing groups protested their grievances across America by blocking consumers from entering stores. Shouts of "Shut it Down!" from protesters flooded the streets as consumers attempted to enter businesses to shop.
You know, boycotts based on race are a scary thing. Especially if you are the minority. Imagine Whites avoiding ALL minority owned business, NEVER voting outside of their race...things would look a LOT like 1964 all over again pretty quickly?

Not sure where they went from making sure cops were on the up and up to directing folks on where to spend their money this season but, money is probably involved somewhere for them.....something tells me they are going to be vocal this holiday season and need a headline or two.

BLM is becomming a real punch-line now for jokes. Worse for them, they are simply irrelevant.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Seems they do but that's really no surprise though.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:02 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
I really don’t like how they seem to be advocating for segregation.

I have seen what there actions in that area has done to some black youths. How they talk and think. Have become racist.
And how some white youth have backed off of attempting to befriend their peers of color.
That is such a backwards step.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:02 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Nope. They should not block businesses.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Ahhhhhh.

BLM = Let's Hate Whitey.

Nothing more them than this. Some of us have said this for some time. Now they prove it.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:09 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Nope. They should not block businesses.
Great, agreed! I also do support them choosing to support their own community and black owned businesses. If they are supported the businesses can thrive which should help invigorate the community. A win all around.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:10 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Agreed.

No need to be concerned. Of course they are, They are for any child.

I was referring to if they are boycotting going into any white business’ why should they stop there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies