Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 05:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

I don't know that anyone can stop DeBlasio from running but he certainly wouldn't be my pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 05:14 PM

39,203 posts, read 27,575,665 times
lol

Old 11-29-2017, 05:16 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
^^ libs never learn. I've read this same sentiment countless times, right up to Trumps election and beyond.

Their outrage is the equivalent of self-soothing; akin to a child's blanky. The only consistency seems to be their inability to let go of the blanky and face the reality that their "outrage for votes" scheme is now long dead.

My prediction: the center left has lost all control of their party to the Twitter Left, mostly due to the fact that the center Left utterly relied on outrage politics for decades to win (which is what the Twitter generation provides and excels at), and thus the center Left will be unable to field viable candidates from here on out. Instead, increasingly fringe and otherwise nontraditional candidates will make the ballot. Candidates who can and do win mayoral races but can not win presidential races. The Presidential race is a unique animal, and there are factors in winning it, which I will not discuss, which are going to get increasingly marginalized for ideologically acceptable candidates to the far Left.

Have fun with that. I predict a violent Leftist revolution within twenty years as a result of this increasing inability to win elections combined with doubling down on increasingly ineffective outrage politics. The end result, of them not getting their increasingly radical way, will be a declaration that the system is terminally corrupt and must be violently overthrown.
After Nixon resigned everyone said it would be a generation before another Republican was elected.

After Reagan was elected the death of the Democratic Party was predicted.

After Bill Clinton was elected every one wondered if Republican would win the WH again.

After W. it was said that the republicans would not control the WH again.

So, yeah, believe your utter nonsense of revolution and the inability if Democrats to win elections.

You need to stop listening to Limbaugh, Jones, Bannon and Hannity, otherwise known as the four horsemen of stupidity.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:25 PM

714 posts, read 355,952 times
As someone to the right of center I hope the crazy leftists nominate him because, as a New Yorker I am absolutely sure he would lose the general election in a landslide.
He could not get elected dog catcher anywhere outside NYC. He is corrupt, lazy, smug, and arrogant. He believes in communism without using that word. He was very active in support of the Sandinistas and is in love with the Castro regime.
He was nominated four years ago in a very competitive Democratic primary because he was the most extreme leftist of a bunch of leftists.
So how did he get elected and re-elected as mayor in NYC? Very simple. NYC is 87% Democratic, and he pandered to LARGE blocks of one-issue voters to whom corruption does not matter such as union members and rent regulated tenants. They go where the money is. Their votes were bought.

Then there are the "progressives". They would rather vote for a corrupt "progressive" than a Republican, any Republican. It's called liberal hypocrisy.

BTW, he "won" the election by getting the votes of a resounding 16% of total registered voters. The turnout was very low.

Fortunately the US is not NYC. He would lose in a landslide.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:32 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
deBlasio was elected by the least amount of people voting in back to back elections. He got caught taking multiple bribes and no one cared. These are things I find quite disturbing and will kill his chances in any type of national election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies