Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 06:27 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Whites are more likely to be murdered, raped or run over by another white person then any other group.
This is due to de facto segregation in all aspects of life. On an individual level, for a white person, it is more dangerous to be surrounded by blacks than by whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 06:32 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
We’ll luckily Baltimore is the only major city bucking the murder trend and going back to the 90s. NYC is seeing lows so low it can probably reach the murder rate of London at this rate, my city of Houston is getting close to its historic low for the last 50 years, LA is doing decent, Detroit and Chicago, Fhicago especially are hugely down from last year. It seems in many cities population projections alone will make the city safer, because how many criminals can a society with an average age of 40 produce, the answer is not many. Now their are a few smaller cities spiking like crazy but with NYC getting so much safer that it’s approaching Canada and soon may approach Europe at this point to me is the most important thing of this year in terms of murder statistics.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:46 PM

666 posts, read 512,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Newsweek was always mainstream... staid and reliable. When did they become a crap tabloid with fake headlines?
Established news sources have been degrading in quality within the past year as a new generation takes the helm. I've been seeing stuff like this from every place now-- especially Reuters--and it's mind-boggling. There are lot more grammatical, spelling and factual errors, too. I'm really scared if this is what's going to pass for journalism in the future.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:47 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Biased yes, but you don't usually see a headline that is totally fake like this from a media source with Newsweek's history and reputation.
I don't read newsweek but if they are putting out stories with headlines like this I doubt they're a reputable organization. A headline like this should have never got past the editors to be published...

Old 11-29-2017, 06:53 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Whites are more likely to be murdered, raped or run over by another white person then any other group.
Only because they are racist and stay away from black people when they aren’t invading black neighborhoods gentrificating the home values pushing blacks out.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:59 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Someone should ship all of those white children to the super safe Utopia of South Dakota.
South Dakota would be an outstanding place to raise kids.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:05 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Why isn’t Baltimore not safe for ALL kids, children are innocent and deserve a good start in life period. Gotta give it to Newsweek for their clickbait racist articles

High density, drugs, poverty and lack of education can lead to increasing homicides. Yet our government wants to cut programs that should and can address these issues. But it seems they are focusing on opioids for the reason we all know why
Cutting the rate of increase in these programs you mean. But weren’t these programs in place while this rise in crime was happening? It would seem obvious the programs are not working.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:16 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,511,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Only because they are racist and stay away from black people when they aren’t invading black neighborhoods gentrificating the home values pushing blacks out.
White Baltimoreians are regularly attacked for being racist when they move to majority black neighborhoods and when they don't. The verdict is clear, they are racist no matter what they do. They are just racists. There are no right decisions.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:19 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
We’ll luckily Baltimore is the only major city bucking the murder trend and going back to the 90s. NYC is seeing lows so low it can probably reach the murder rate of London at this rate, my city of Houston is getting close to its historic low for the last 50 years, LA is doing decent, Detroit and Chicago, Fhicago especially are hugely down from last year. It seems in many cities population projections alone will make the city safer, because how many criminals can a society with an average age of 40 produce, the answer is not many. Now their are a few smaller cities spiking like crazy but with NYC getting so much safer that it’s approaching Canada and soon may approach Europe at this point to me is the most important thing of this year in terms of murder statistics.
New York is safe because you can’t throw a hat without hitting a cop.

You’re lucky to be so young here. When I was your age, Houston was very violent. I remember it had the highest murder rate per capita two or three times in the late-70s and early 80s, and it stayed really bad up to about 1995, when the Clinton crime bill went into effect. Of course that generated other problems, but I don’t think a lot of young people realize how bad the crime wave was then.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:22 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,511,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Cutting the rate of increase in these programs you mean. But weren’t these programs in place while this rise in crime was happening? It would seem obvious the programs are not working.
Perhaps surprisingly, employment and incomes have been up substantially for black Baltimoreans during the crime spike since Freddie Gray. There is a lot more going on than simply poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies