Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 01:59 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times

Advertisements

Some of the players still don't know what they are kneeling for. Today on my local sports news talk radio the hosts spoke with a player about this payout and if the players will still be kneeling and he said that his fellow players want to have a conversation about the problems black people face in America. The host pointed out that the NFL listened to the protestors and gave them millions to help and to further spread their message. The player went on to say that they want to have a conversation. What??
Maybe this player has had his bell rung too many times or maybe he like many others in this misguided protest have no clue what they really want and they don't even know when they have won?

I still think they should make several PSA ads to be aired during the games that call for the Police to stop profiling and coming down hard on black people and for the young black people to take responsibility for their actions. If you break the law the cops will come after you. so don't break the law.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:17 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The athletes must be admired or there is no business. People aren't going to pay money to ignore football players they don't respect.
People paid to see domestic violence perpetrators, drug addicts, and other criminals score touchdowns. The whole "respect" thing was gone a long time ago. You're point isn't valid. Unless you're saying speaking up on police reform is more disrespectful than beating women. You put yourself in a box with what you said.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:03 PM

22 posts, read 8,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Some of those players wanted "Kaep getting a job"'

Pro Football is NOT the little league where many libs want EVERY child to get a trophy.

kap was BENCHED because he did NOT perform.

He didn't start his shenanigans till AFTER he was demoted to the bench.
The "Not Performing" argument is not valid and never was. His stats even during his down year are better than at least HALF the starting QB's in the league right now. So the "He didn't perform" doesn't work when you have Jay Cutler starting for the Dolphins.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:33 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
My counter argument is going to be, the same as what the owners feel but will not admit. including those that play sports. Blacks make up close to 70 percent of the NFL. Last thing the owners want is getting them disgruntled if they start disciplining guys for protesting. Sure a dozen suspended players around the league could be replaced but not dozens if they get disgruntled enough to not care enough to give everything they got, or even strike for that matter. There is no telling what would happen, but the owners fear the worst that could happen. The other thing I want to point out, the only reason protesting has not filtered down to collegiate ball is because in most cases the anthem is played before the players take the field.

The NFL also has another long term future worry going forward. That being more and more High Schools are cutting Football programs due to concussions and other injuries. Less people are going to be playing the sport, especially among white youth. Blacks are drawn to Football because of the full scholarship money that can only be had in Football or Basketball. Football is only going to continue to get less white and more black. The owners for the most part know when disputes like protesting comes about they have to give the players something to appease, and not "shut up, stand and play or else".

Also since you mention Brady and Rodgers; you do realize they both made statements that Kaepernick should still be in the league as did many other players? Doubt there are more then a few in the entire league that feel other-wise or that would not welcome him as a team-mate Many believe if Kap was added to a roster before the start of the current season the protesting would of pretty much ended. That is the one mistake the owners made.
"The topic of racial injustice is a very sensitive issue with most blacks,"

I am sad to hear those big bad tough and mean football players making 10s of millions dollars a year are so "sensitive".

It really breaks my Heart!

"you do realize they both made statements that Kaepernick should still be in the league as did many other players?

ho cares what they say. What they say has NO bearing on what said about the quality of players.

Think about it for a minute. A white player who is protected by a bunch of black players is going to go against them.

I don't tink so.

Their health depends on it.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
people care more about putting blacks in their place. The owners have this kind of money sitting around to donate and help people, but they don't. That's one thing people should be able to take away from this. These owners act like they're broke when it comes to building a stadium, but all of a sudden they have money to shut up black people.
Th only place the NFL has put their black employees is in mansions. Cry me a river.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
People could always just ignore the kneeling. That's the funny part. Ignoring the kneeling is 100% free.
Oh, I am ignoring it from start to finish.

F those losers.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Excuse me? They’vebeen Ignoring domestic violence, drug offenses and other crimes for decades but kneeling is beyond forgiveness? Insanity.
If most of the other players were supporting the beatings and rapes, I would have stopped watching.

Is your argument that the other players supported it?

Old 12-01-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Th only place the NFL has put their black employees is in mansions. Cry me a river.
How dare these guys actually care about what's going on in the communities they come from?

Old 12-01-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Oh, I am ignoring it from start to finish.

F those losers.
You haven't ignored anything. You'd be ignoring these threads too. You seem to have a personal vendetta. All these snarky responses. Get over yourself. You're mad that people want police reform that will help all races. And you're calling them losers.

And like always, you never actually address a thread topic head on, you're in here throwing around insults and talking about their salaries.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
How dare these guys actually care about what's going on in the communities they come from?
Saying America is racist through their stupid protest doesn’t do anything to help the neighborhoods they come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies