Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 01:53 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
That's one of the most frustrating things. People don't even see how much more they'd have. Some may say "yeah, but you'd still be paying for those things even without taxes, so you don't really get much richer", but...

a) you'd be choosing whether the good or service is worth paying for anymore, as opposed to a one-size-fits-all package of things that you can't even refuse

and

b) the government is far more inefficient and wasteful, in large part because there's no mechanism for pricing. Prices are found based on a two-way negotiation, so the price really isn't held in check if one side can just force purchases on everyone.

I don't think people realize how much of our wealth is just wasted, and how much richer we could all be. But....unseen costs are easy to overlook, and harder to understand. Far easier to argue based on what exists now.
Roads, fool.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 01:53 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
That's one of the most frustrating things. People don't even see how much more they'd have. Some may say "yeah, but you'd still be paying for those things even without taxes, so you don't really get much richer", but...

a) you'd be choosing whether the good or service is worth paying for anymore, as opposed to a one-size-fits-all package of things that you can't even refuse

and

b) the government is far more inefficient and wasteful, in large part because there's no mechanism for pricing. Prices are found based on a two-way negotiation, so the price really isn't held in check if one side can just force purchases on everyone.

I don't think people realize how much of our wealth is just wasted, and how much richer we could all be. But....unseen costs are easy to overlook, and harder to understand. Far easier to argue based on what exists now.
China is a great example.

When the government controlled everything literally from the way you thought to how many babies you could have, it created the largest famine in human history and it was a giant crap hole. Hey, they got income equality, free housing, universal health care, free school through college, free this free that, the whole shebang.

When the government let loose just a little, it became the manufacturing center of the world, second largest economy, and poised to overtake US as the largest economy in 20 years.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What are you talking about? Competing currencies would be worthless, as money is only worth as much as the seller thinks it is, and if the seller thinks no one else would value that currency, then they won't accept it. That is the biggest point.

Even workers are sellers, as we sell our labor to an employer. I wouldn't let my employer pay me in a currency that I couldn't use because no one would accept it.

And usury will be a thing as long as people and businesses need credit
Currency can be paper money, time, magic beans, real beans, lending out your vagina/penis for X minutes...all kinds of wonderful things between consenting adults.

Think outside that box my friend. You'll get there.

Usury is a product of mandatory universal currency. If you have to pay the tax man in coconuts you better damn well earn your living by collecting coconuts.

Old 11-30-2017, 02:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You advocate murdering people for their money. That's what you admitted.

Did I not understand you correctly?
No, you didn't understand me correctly. Your false hyperbole or anything like it never came from my fingers

Old 11-30-2017, 02:53 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, you didn't understand me correctly. Your false hyperbole or anything like it never came from my fingers
Then state what your stance is clearly.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:47 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,965 times
All these pages, and still no one has demonstrated that taxation is theft.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
It's armed robbery to be exact. And slavery.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:00 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Slavery had been legal for thousands of year. Does that make it moral, just or fair?

Public schools are the modern day slavery - I work to pay for your children.

I can't believe the stuff I read on here.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:05 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,034,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post

It's self-evident. Taxation is an involuntary conversion of personal property (i.e., theft, for people who prefer words of one syllable.)

If you think taxes are voluntary, then you'll have to explain why the IRS has hundreds of thousands of automatic weapons and millions of rounds of ammunition at its disposal.

Here's your clue, dude: Taxes aren't voluntary. And if somebody ends up with your stuff when you didn't voluntarily give it to them, then they probably stole it.

Put another way...when the taxman sticks one of those automatic weapons in your face and demands payment, you'll have no trouble understanding that they're stealing the money from you. It will, at that point, become crystal clear, like nothing else in your life before or after. At that point, you will understand that you essentially exist to serve a government that will steal everything from you if you let it.

Oh, by the way...welcome to reality. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
It's self-evident. Taxation is an involuntary conversion of personal property (i.e., theft, for people who prefer words of one syllable.)

If you think taxes are voluntary, then you'll have to explain why the IRS has hundreds of thousands of automatic weapons and millions of rounds of ammunition at its disposal.

Here's your clue, dude: Taxes aren't voluntary. And if somebody ends up with your stuff when you didn't voluntarily give it to them, then they probably stole it.

Put another way...when the taxman sticks one of those automatic weapons in your face and demands payment, you'll have no trouble understanding that they're stealing the money from you. It will, at that point, become crystal clear, like nothing else in your life before or after. At that point, you will understand that you essentially exist to serve a government that will steal everything from you if you let it.
Funny that that's NEVER happened to me, or anyone I know. Then again, I and my friends and family aren't tax cheats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies