Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 07:35 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,288,658 times

Advertisements

A simulated reality would be the "social contract" that well over 99% of the population believes in.

It's all gravy after you dump that notion. I can tell you that firsthand. Get free my friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 08:13 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,707,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
A simulated reality would be the "social contract" that well over 99% of the population believes in.

It's all gravy after you dump that notion. I can tell you that firsthand. Get free my friends.
I will posit.

Poverty (as commonly defined by our society) is a form of freedom.

When you have nothing that anyone else wants, nobody comes looking for it from you.

And from your own perspective, everyone is welcome to take all the nothing you have, because you'll still have plenty of it left after they've had their fill.

Self sufficiency, coupled with sustainability is as close as one can come to true freedom in the system we have. Nobody can take those things from you.

The social contract is a fraud. My parents coerced me into signing up, and getting the number, when I was 15 yrs old. Several years before I reached the age of majority to make that "contract" legally. Today, everyone is assigned the number as soon as they fall out into the world.

Why is that all important number, and the contract that goes with it, so completely overarching in our society that it transcends all other accepted "contract law"?

Consent to slavery, leaves the rest of society blameless.......

CN

Old 11-30-2017, 08:13 AM

11,204 posts, read 8,256,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Please elaborate.

I understand what you are saying in very generic terms, but I'd be interested to hear your take on it. Your experience. Sounds like yours is a good one.

What does life look like sans the social contract? How did you get there, what did/do you do?

Old 11-30-2017, 08:17 AM

11,204 posts, read 8,256,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I will posit.

Poverty (as commonly defined by our society) is a form of freedom.

When you have nothing that anyone else wants, nobody comes looking for it from you.

And from your own perspective, everyone is welcome to take all the nothing you have, because you'll still have plenty of it left after they've had their fill.
https://youtu.be/6iX-EcRKXJw

(disclaimer: I did not watch THIS video, but I think the lyrics of the song are what you are talking about. "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to give". I can't imagine A video of Janis doing this could be bad. Even though I know it's a Kristofferson song, I always associate it with her....)

Old 11-30-2017, 08:33 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,288,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Please elaborate.

I understand what you are saying in very generic terms, but I'd be interested to hear your take on it. Your experience. Sounds like yours is a good one.

What does life look like sans the social contract? How did you get there, what did/do you do?
The social contract is bestowed upon every person at birth. Each person is immediately subjected to the rules of the government that claims ownership over the geographic land you happen to be born into. This is why it's preferable to get shot out of a vagina in the U.S. as opposed to Mexico despite the fact that these lands are purely fictional entities.

I'm not "free" in the sense that the social contract doesn't apply to me. I simply don't believe in it. If you refuse to believe in it then all the better for you and those that yearn for freedom and true contract law (where two parties free from duress and with the cognitive ability to do so can enter into agreements with agreed upon arbitrators).

I live my life without committing aggression on others. However, my freedom from the State's cage and/or sword is totally dependent upon the interests of the State. Once my actions/inactions are deemed a serious enough threat to the State my freedom will be squashed like a grape even if I've committed no acts of aggression toward another.

If enough people simply stop believing in the fictional authority of the fictional State innocent, peaceful people will no longer suffer and die at its discretion.

Make no mistake, you can only go so far in this endeavor. As I've stated numerous times on this board I have friends who are down to zero interaction with the State except for one glaring paradigm: property taxes.

To my knowledge there is no way around paying the State tribute via property taxes or for the actual property you wish to homestead on.

You can use no services, live free from the State, but must pay a tribute. When we boil this down it gets back to the social contract. The reason why you must pay is because the State claims your rights/privileges at birth and then grants them back to you over the course of your lifetime as it sees fit. That is the social contract.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:55 AM

18,456 posts, read 9,096,109 times
It’s like any other religious belief: it’s “not even wrong.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies