Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 09:14 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times

Advertisements

I read several news articles from MSM about the WH decorations and all of them were gleaming about how nice it was decorated and they all gave credit to Melania and made very nice comments about her.

Not one of them was critical of the decorations or of Melania. Quite the opposite - she got great reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 09:15 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
The link I posted was to show the actual decorations, not the slanted way it is being presented. The links below show some of the hatefulness over ... unbeliveably... Christmas decorations. The question is why? It's supposed to be the season of brotherly love.

https://www.bet.com/style/living/201...r.html?cid=rss

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/an...o-wicked-queen

Melania Trump's White House Christmas Decor Become Memes | Time

Old 11-30-2017, 09:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Seems as though folks who hate Trump, will hate Melania, and anything associated with her. Her choice in Christmas decorations is now under attack with a lot of mocking and hateful comments. No surprise there. I notice the media is focused on one hallway decoration. For those interested, since you won't see this much elsewhere, here's a link to the lovely decorations for Christmas at the White House.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-white-house/
The 'media' hasn't focused on that one hallway at all -- folks on social media -- individuals were the first to make the joke memes, etc...and then maybe some of the MSM reported on the social media reaction -- but they didn't focus on it -- they reported on what folks were focusing on.

And I've seen the lovely decorations on CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC and will not click on a conservative site as if these pictures don't exist anywhere else.

And the reason folks on social media mocked that specific hallways was because the implication was that all of a sudden Christmas is back at The White House....when it never left -- was always celebrated and enjoyed.

And the 'Time honored Traditions' - -there is nothing time honored or traditional about that hallway -- it is lovely -- very wintery -- icy -- and for me the kind of decorations you usually see in major city centers where there is a huge population that don't celebrate Christmas and they decorate for the 'HOLIDAYS'/. But it is lovely.

For some reason the press releases call the wreaths ' Melania's signature wreaths' - like she invented them. Wreaths have hung at the White House for years....

The decorations are beautiful -- they always are and it is fun to see how The White House comes up with different themes each year.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I read several news articles from MSM about the WH decorations and all of them were gleaming about how nice it was decorated and they all gave credit to Melania and made very nice comments about her.

Not one of them was critical of the decorations or of Melania. Quite the opposite - she got great reviews.
There are some funny memes about that hallway -- but you know that's on The White House Communications Director. Of all the pictures to put it out -- why that one...it is the least Christmassy picture. Why not the big tree..

The White House Administration's inability to control their stories is mind boggling.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:31 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
The link I posted was to show the actual decorations, not the slanted way it is being presented. The links below show some of the hatefulness over ... unbeliveably... Christmas decorations. The question is why? It's supposed to be the season of brotherly love.

https://www.bet.com/style/living/201...r.html?cid=rss

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/an...o-wicked-queen

Melania Trump's White House Christmas Decor Become Memes | Time

Lol...C'mon!

I loved the decorations, even the unusual, severe hallway with a tree at the other end. But I laughed my asinine off at the pic of a frozen Jack Torrance, from The Shining sitting in the foreground. Hilarious!

I WILL be watching, and you should, too, HGTV's annual White House Christmas special, with their room-by-room tour. I tune in every year, and I'm never disappointed.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:34 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Nothing funnier than Trump and all this "Merry Christmas" nonsense. As if there's a war on Christmas

I'm not Christian, I'm a liberal, and yet I say "merry Christmas" all the time during holiday season. Anyone who makes a big deal of out this "Trump is making Christmas great again" is an idiot.

But I guess when the investigation around Trump is heating up lately, Trump and his supporters will deflect in any way they can...so they're talking about Making Christmas Great Again.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:35 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I was reading the visitor comments in your link and no liberals were insulting Melania. But the conservatives were saying,

"How wonderful to NOT see trees decorated with ornaments celebrating communist leaders like Mao Zedong (done by Obama if I recall correctly)."

"We all remember Michelle Obama punishing us at Christmas with that nightmare."

When the White House is beautifully decorated for the holidays, and the first lady is glowing, festive and happy, and the White House is filled with happy smiling children, what do conservatives say?

They say Michelle Obama punished Americans at Christmas with nightmares (and then they turn around and say the liberals are insulting Melania.)
The Obama's DID have an ornament celebrating Chairman Mao. The Clintons had a tree decorated with condoms and sex toys.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Seems as though folks who hate Trump, will hate Melania, and anything associated with her. Her choice in Christmas decorations is now under attack with a lot of mocking and hateful comments. No surprise there. I notice the media is focused on one hallway decoration. For those interested, since you won't see this much elsewhere, here's a link to the lovely decorations for Christmas at the White House.

Follow the shiny object folks. Focus on unimportant X-mas decorations to distract you from the Senate voting on a tax plan that is a gift to the rich paid for by higher taxes on the middle class and higher insurance premiums.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:37 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There are some funny memes about that hallway -- but you know that's on The White House Communications Director. Of all the pictures to put it out -- why that one...it is the least Christmassy picture. Why not the big tree..

The White House Administration's inability to control their stories is mind boggling.

That comment reflects your assumption that they didn't like the photo--of their own decorating style.

I happen to find the stark, cold scene very artistic.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:38 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I’ve seen this in several places. That hallway is weird in photos, but the rest looks nice.

People have been critical of Christmas decor at the WH for decades. Nothing new.
The Hallway is what most people are tweeting about, although it's mainly just light hearted banter rather than hate.

Tweets About The White House Christmas Decorations Are Hilariously Creeped Out

Trump White House Christmas decorations invoke strong sense of dread | Metro News

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-30-2017 at 09:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies