Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 04:45 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The report in redstate suggests the sig is hair triggered. 4 lbs and a little. Common weapon involved in accidental firings.

And I would not bet on it not firing. They warn against uncocking the gun by hand. Supposed to use the provided lever. Apparently easy to get off a shot if you mess with the hammer by hand.
4 to 5 pounds. I have seen both numbers indicated. But either one would be a typically light single action pull. But "hair trigger"? Maybe. I won't argue the point. But I can guarantee you one thing: when that gun was stolen the hammer was in the down position. As stupid as that BLM agent was to leave a loaded gun in his car unattended in downtown San Francisco I'm certain he wasn't so stupid as to have it cocked (and these guns don't have manual safeties like 1911s) and rattling around in a backpack. So somewhere between the theft of the gun and the shooting the hammer was either cocked or Zarate fired the gun double action. And if he fired the gun double action (10-12 lb. trigger pull) there's no way it could be considered an unintended or "accidental discharge". Maybe if the gun was in single action mode but even then I would seriously doubt it. In any event I would bet that the gun was in DA mode (like it was when it was stolen, probably by Zarate) when it was fired striking Kate Steinle. I realize that this is all speculation on my part but that's what I believe. And I haven't seen anything to indicate whether or not the gun was cocked when it was fired. Probably they don't know since I don't think there's any way they could determine the position of the hammer when the gun was fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 04:48 PM

23,584 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They are going to get him and deport him. That's their job.
Late yesterday, after the verdict, U.S. immigration officials said he would be deported. I don't know if that's what Sessions has in mind for him though.

"The arrest warrant was originally drafted in 2015 and amended this week to include violations related to the charges of a felon in possession of a firearm, involuntary manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon, all of which were filed after the defendant’s initial arrest, according to Friday’s warrant.

The DOJ says there is an existing federal detainer that requires Zarate to be remanded into the custody of the US Marshals to be transported to the Western District of Texas pursuant to the arrest warrant."

https://dmlnews.com/just-doj-puts-ar...nles-murderer/

Old 12-01-2017, 04:48 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I know, right?

I've served on two juries over the past ten years. This experience has caused me to lose all confidence in the justice system. When you go on trial, you put your life and your future in the hands of the jury. Most of those on the jury are as intelligent as a bag of rocks.
The last thing attorneys want on either side are people with a functioning brain on a jury. They try to get rid of those people during voire dire. They want the jury filled with slobbering imbeciles that aren't sure what their name is unless the attorney tells them.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Late yesterday, after the verdict, U.S. immigration officials said he would be deported. I don't know if that's what Sessions has in mind for him though.

"The arrest warrant was originally drafted in 2015 and amended this week to include violations related to the charges of a felon in possession of a firearm, involuntary manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon, all of which were filed after the defendant’s initial arrest, according to Friday’s warrant.

The DOJ says there is an existing federal detainer that requires Zarate to be remanded into the custody of the US Marshals to be transported to the Western District of Texas pursuant to the arrest warrant."

https://dmlnews.com/just-doj-puts-ar...nles-murderer/
After the verdict, U.S. immigration officials announced late Thursday that Zarate would be deported.

DOJ files arrest warrant for illegal immigrant acquitted in Kate Steinle case | Fox News

Old 12-01-2017, 04:54 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The poor right wing. The jury system works just like it is supposed to...and the right wing goes berserk.
But not in California where illegals and prisoners who committed crimes gets off the hook and lets out back on the streets.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
4 to 5 pounds. I have seen both numbers indicated. But either one would be a typically light single action pull. But "hair trigger"? Maybe. I won't argue the point. But I can guarantee you one thing: when that gun was stolen the hammer was in the down position. As stupid as that BLM agent was to leave a loaded gun in his car unattended in downtown San Francisco I'm certain he wasn't so stupid as to have it cocked (and these guns don't have manual safeties like 1911s) and rattling around in a backpack. So somewhere between the theft of the gun and the shooting the hammer was either cocked or Zarate fired the gun double action. And if he fired the gun double action (10-12 lb. trigger pull) there's no way it could be considered an unintended or "accidental discharge". Maybe if the gun was in single action mode but even then I would seriously doubt it. In any event I would bet that the gun was in DA mode (like it was when it was stolen, probably by Zarate) when it was fired striking Kate Steinle. I realize that this is all speculation on my part but that's what I believe. And I haven't seen anything to indicate whether or not the gun was cocked when it was fired. Probably they don't know since I don't think there's any way they could determine the position of the hammer when the gun was fired.
What I found totally hilarious is that they passed the pistol around the jury so they could feel the trigger pull and they thought it was soft. Here's what I want to know, "were any of them even qualified to make that determination and have any even seen one before?" Especially since they live in a place that fights gun ownership tooth and nail,
I want to know how many of them have even seen a nasty,evil semi auto pistol in person much less handled one.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
After the verdict, U.S. immigration officials announced late Thursday that Zarate would be deported.

DOJ files arrest warrant for illegal immigrant acquitted in Kate Steinle case | Fox News
Why bother? He'll be back the day after to a hero's welcome and maybe even a parade through downtown SF...

BOYCOTT SAN FRANCISCO

Old 12-01-2017, 05:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Why bother? He'll be back the day after to a hero's welcome and maybe even a parade through downtown SF...

BOYCOTT SAN FRANCISCO
How does that make sense? It's not S.F. fault that this will be the sixth time he has been deported.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:23 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What I found totally hilarious is that they passed the pistol around the jury so they could feel the trigger pull and they thought it was soft. Here's what I want to know, "were any of them even qualified to make that determination and have any even seen one before?" Especially since they live in a place that fights gun ownership tooth and nail,
I want to know how many of them have even seen a nasty,evil semi auto pistol in person much less handled one.
Interesting. And did members of the jury dry fire the gun in both DA and SA mode so that they would know the difference?

Old 12-01-2017, 06:49 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
The Feds are going to take him to West Texas for charges and a trial.

West Texans won't let him off. He's going to be in Federal Prison for years to come. He's toast.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/feds-re...oting-verdict/

Quote:
An amended federal arrest warrant has been released for Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, a Mexican man acquitted Thursday in the killing of a woman on a San Francisco pier, a case that's sparked national debate over immigration.

The warrant says Zarate violated his supervised release on a federal sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. by possessing the gun that killed Kate Steinle on July 1, 2015. The warrant was originally issued July 14 of that year but an amended warrant was unsealed Friday following the verdict.

The warrant issued by the U.S. District Court for the western district of Texas says Zarate was sentenced in Texas on May 12, 2011 to 46 months in prison, followed by three years of supervised release, for illegally re-entering the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies