Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 06:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Have you ever tried to describe the concept of color to someone who has been blind their entire lives? Same situation. There are all kinds of colors around you, but even if I described them, you'd not understand the very concept of color just as you are unable to understand the concept of liberty.

But just to humor you, we can start with the ACA. Tyranny plain and simple.
Not a view or philosophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 06:40 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Yeah, sure, whatever. There is that thing where trump's current press secretary taking a reporter aside and telling him that if he asks a question about a specific, hot topic, that he will not be allowed to attend the briefings any more. Of course, sanders could be a closet lefty, as could the entire trump administration. Stranger things have happened.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:54 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
OMG. For real? Where does this friend's MIL live, just as a matter of interest?
Pretty shocking, huh?

It's such an off the wall scenario, I doubt OSH is making it up.

As a matter of interest, I'm also curious where the friend's MIL lives.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:05 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
No, it's not that "the liberals" are coming. You folks are far more than liberals. At one time I would have been considered a liberal. You've gone far beyond that. You've decided that your social philosophies should be forced upon everyone. That's not a liberal, that's called tyranny.

And I'd be saying the same thing if traditionalists were coming at me trying to force me into their religion, lifestyle, social preferences, etc. But they are not. You are. That's the only difference. Because, basically, I don't give one iota of a damn about what you believe, what your opinions are, or what your goals are. Have at them. What I have a problem with is you trying to tell me I have to share and live by your views and philosophies. That's not a conservative/liberal problem, that's an enslavement problem.
How are you enslaved exactly? Your answer below does not answer this question. I'm curious why someone would compare themselves to slaves??? Do you actually know what slavery means. Who has gone too far? Who are the liberals? What is going too far? What social philosophies? Thanks!

Quote:
Have you ever tried to describe the concept of color to someone who has been blind their entire lives? Same situation. There are all kinds of colors around you, but even if I described them, you'd not understand the very concept of color just as you are unable to understand the concept of liberty.

But just to humor you, we can start with the ACA. Tyranny plain and simple.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:07 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
and there's been far too many MORE fat-gut WHITE GUYS mass shootings within the borders of your warped nation. How many of those near daily mass shootings are done by white dudes who call themselves "Christian Patriot conservatives"?
You've left the U.S. behind, and have mentioned in other threads that you aren't coming back, so why do you give a fig what we do ?

Old 12-13-2017, 05:31 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
How are you enslaved exactly? Your answer below does not answer this question. I'm curious why someone would compare themselves to slaves??? Do you actually know what slavery means. Who has gone too far? Who are the liberals? What is going too far? What social philosophies? Thanks!
A slave is a human being forced to labor against his/her will for the benefit of someone else (complete with the line from the master that the slave himself/herself is also benefited by his/her labors... so that makes it okay ). If you folks want to run the country like an antebellum southern plantation, you've got to understand that there are going to be abolitionists who are not happy with your system.

And don't ask me to spell the system out for you. If you can't figure it out for yourself, you're either blind or a part of that system. The southern plantation owners didn't understand what they were doing wrong either. So you are in good company, right?

Old 12-13-2017, 06:13 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
A slave is a human being forced to labor against his/her will for the benefit of someone else (complete with the line from the master that the slave himself/herself is also benefited by his/her labors... so that makes it okay ). If you folks want to run the country like an antebellum southern plantation, you've got to understand that there are going to be abolitionists who are not happy with your system.

And don't ask me to spell the system out for you. If you can't figure it out for yourself, you're either blind or a part of that system. The southern plantation owners didn't understand what they were doing wrong either. So you are in good company, right?
Whaaaaaat??? What are you talking about? Never mind, this is pointless.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:32 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,748,990 times
All the left wants to do, is shut up, all voters that vote Republican.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
All the left wants to do, is shut up, all voters that vote Republican.
Oh please, substitute left for right, and read it back. It's the same snake with two heads. No one has a majority of trying to silence the other.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:33 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,133 times
"The Left", tell me how many branches of the federal government does this "Left" control?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies