Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump try and pardon Flynn?
Yes 60 31.58%
Maybe 49 25.79%
No 81 42.63%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 12:00 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Dude, not "my guy", didn't vote for him. You do realize you can look back at every president and find things that are upsetting/questionable.

Wasn't there a story about a mansion that Obama got in Chicago at fire sale pricing from a less than reputable person? We won't even bring up the Clinton foundation.
For someone who supposedly "didn't vote" for Trump most of the points you bring up seem to support him or put others in a bad light
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
RNC was paying his legal bills with money passed through from a Russian-American source. Either that source dried up or RNC became concerned about the money-laundering aspect and backed out of the deal.

Hence, the rallies to raise money.
I think the RNC started to consider how stupid a practice that was with Mueller going after any money trail evidence that might come to light to show how the interaction between Trump/GOP interests intertwined with Russian money/assistance...

Just like the fact that the RNC was hacked just like the DNC and NOTHING came to light from that
And I think everyone can agree there anytime there is political campaigning going on there will be plenty of emails and sharing of info that can be misinterpreted to hurt the parties that created it...
Why would the hackers keep silent about RNC info if the intent was to damage the US election in general????
Because the intent was to HURT HRC and HELP the person running against her initially--
Putin hates HRC with purple passion
When Trump because the nominee that worked even better for Putin's interests since Trump has been a patsy for the Russians for decades...
Now with the hacked info, Putin/Russians/Trump Mafia had the good on RNC dirty laundry and could twist Ryan (leading the election efforts for RNC I believe) and McConnell, and other GOP power brokers over the proverbial barrel to get them to do what benefitted Putin

The only reason NOT to spread RNC dirt all over the Internet was because it served Putin to keep it quiet
And anyone who doesn't understand that quid pro quo arrangement is just not being honest...period...

Old 12-29-2017, 12:09 PM

Re the Flynn brother and son Twitter blowup--

Palmer Reports story this AM was that likely Flynn himself were contacted about Trump's/attorneys' plans to trash Flynn's character as the only way to discount his proof of Trump's evil deeds--before CNN ran with the story to get his input/comments
the son and brother found out about that plan before the story ran and they went nuts---
Because they are idiots anyway--and tried to get Trump to discount that defense strategy and just pardon Flynn--which doesn't remove his guilt--just any punishment--
And in this case the punishment will be very light if Flynn delivers what he has promised

Old 12-29-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I'm not ignoring it at all. "Customary" does not mean "legally required to" as in releasing his tax returns is "customary".
Trump is also unique as he is the first President in quite a while (if ever) to be as wealthy and have such diverse holding as he is/has.
The way he ran/runs his empire is very hands on by him so to divest himself or totally turn control over to someone not closely related to him would most likely be almost impossible. As long as what he does violates no laws on the books what's the issue?

Also, do you or others think just because he owns all of these companies he should give them away for free or at cost just because he's President? Understand, the money people are complaining about would be paid to someone, usually at inflated government rates so should he ban the government from using any one of his businesses just because?

He already is donating all his pay unlike any other occupant of the office.

I do sometimes wonder how much of the hate for him is actually resentment or outright jealousy disguised as concern?
No one said he had to "give them away"
Trump has never been the charitable type of guy anyway--since he was fraudulently taking advantage of his charity to enrich himself from others' donations--

He could have put all his interests into a "blind trust"--not what he did
And have 3rd parties control the activities
But he would never consider that--
Narcissists never let go of their toys

The issue is that Trump is a liar
That he IS using his political clout/presence to enrich himself--
Do deals with other countries and wealthy politically connected business people
Pointing out this to someone who doesn't want to be honest about Trump's intent or involvement is wasting time/effort
The Emperor is walking down the street naked (gross though with Trump) and everyone is believing he is wearing cloth of gold...

Old 12-29-2017, 12:20 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Trump has never been the charitable type of guy anyway--since he was fraudulently taking advantage of his charity to enrich himself from others' donations--

Pointing out this to someone who doesn't want to be honest about Trump's intent or involvement is wasting time/effort
The Emperor is walking down the street naked (gross though with Trump) and everyone is believing he is wearing cloth of gold...

And yet the Trump haters have posted how threads now about how Trump's personal wealth is dropping.

If Trump is enriching himself, he's doing it wrong.

The Trump haters never fail to completely embarrass themselves.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:26 PM

I think with this new GOP tax enrichment plan Trump likely will rake in lot of money
The problem is that he was never as wealthy as he claimed
The major reason he does not want to release his tax returns is because that would expose the fact his wealth is as much a sham as his business deal-making ability (proved to be totally self-aggrandized with his giving away the Jeruselem capital w/o any give back, with his other faux pax in political negotiations), his total cluelessness about politics and how government works...

And Trump haters usually are pretty happy with their ability to deal with exposing Trump for the putz he is...
It is the Trump supporters who usually wind up with egg on their faces--defending the defenseless acts/words of this poor excuse of a POTUS...

Old 12-30-2017, 09:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
For someone who supposedly "didn't vote" for Trump most of the points you bring up seem to support him or put others in a bad light
I point out regularly that no President or person in public office is a saint as their supporters would have everyone believe.
Neither party holds the moral high ground and haven't for many,many years contrary to what supporters on BOTH sides try and push.

I do push back on those that continually try and paint Trump as the devil incarnate because it's pure B.S. and not founded in facts, it's totally founded in one or all of the following, political bias/racial animus/wealth envy. So I push back, that doesn't make him "my guy"...

Old 12-30-2017, 09:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
I think with this new GOP tax enrichment plan Trump likely will rake in lot of money
The problem is that he was never as wealthy as he claimed
The major reason he does not want to release his tax returns is because that would expose the fact his wealth is as much a sham as his business deal-making ability (proved to be totally self-aggrandized with his giving away the Jeruselem capital w/o any give back, with his other faux pax in political negotiations), his total cluelessness about politics and how government works...

And Trump haters usually are pretty happy with their ability to deal with exposing Trump for the putz he is...
It is the Trump supporters who usually wind up with egg on their faces--defending the defenseless acts/words of this poor excuse of a POTUS...
And here we are again, pushing TDS opinions as facts that you have NO evidence to back up. Prove he doesn't have the money he says. In fact, prove anything you accuse him of...

All you have is "I hate him because he's not my guy/lady from my perfect political party"...

Old 12-30-2017, 10:11 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
And here we are again, pushing TDS opinions as facts that you have NO evidence to back up. Prove he doesn't have the money he says. In fact, prove anything you accuse him of...

All you have is "I hate him because he's not my guy/lady from my perfect political party"...
Oh so very true.
One fact is always true. Never answer questions from law enforcement without your lawyer present.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:16 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:

Agree with these, however that's a horrific visual y'got there at the end.

Also agree attempting to rationally persuade emotionally involved drama queens very often is a waste of time/effort simply because they often don’t alter their thoughtviews to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their thoughtviews.

Folks who're more familiar with Mr. Trump's 3 or 4 decades of con jobs, fraudulent schemes, & just plain old garden variety lying nonetheless continue to present the facts. Fr'instance, Mr. Trump has been lying about his net worth for 3 decades. At the same time, he continues to refuse to share facts & documentary evidence to substantiate his claims. Folks at Forbes got his number:

Quote:
...As we wrote in our cover story on the president’s net worth 18 months ago, Donald Trump has been trying to spin his Forbes valuation for more than three decades. In the early years, editors even joked about the ‘Trump rule’ — take what he claims and divide by three,” said Randall Lane, editor of Forbes Magazine. “...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c9c2ae78cd06
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies