Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump try and pardon Flynn?
Yes 60 31.58%
Maybe 49 25.79%
No 81 42.63%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 11:11 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Here is what Andrew McCarthy, former Asst US Attorney for NY (prosecuted terrorist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and others):

If Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador had evinced the existence of a quid pro quo collusion arrangement ... it would have been completely appropriate for the Obama Justice Department to investigate Flynn. But if that had happened, Mueller would not be permitting Flynn to settle the case with a single count of lying to FBI agents. Instead, we would be looking at a major conspiracy indictment, and Flynn would be made to plead to far more serious offenses if he wanted a deal — cooperation in exchange for sentencing leniency.

... for all the furor, we have a small-potatoes plea in Flynn’s case... the only major case Mueller has brought, against former Trump-campaign chairman Paul Manafort and an associate, has nothing to do with the 2016 election. It is becoming increasingly palpable that, whatever “collusion” means, there was no actionable, conspiratorial complicity by the Trump campaign in the Kremlin’s machinations.

Read more at: Michael Flynn Guilty Plea & Mainstream Media | National Review
McCarthy is now a paid shill. Or he legitimately doesn't understand how a plea deal works, which would be . . . stunning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 11:11 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I hope California secedes so we can invade and conquer them and redistribute the land to other states. This country will be a better place without them.
Somebody's having a bad day.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:12 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, he did promise to bring coal back.
LOL

Old 12-01-2017, 11:14 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Trump will in my opinion not have Flynn pardoned. After all Flynn lied to the current administration.

Hopefully Dinesh D'Souza will be pardoned.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:15 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
If it was nothing at all, then why did Flynn plead guilty to lying to the FBI meeting with Russian officials?

Face it, D-Bone, Flynn's ratting on someone high up in the Trump friends and family organization.
You can bet Flynn isn't facing 6-12 months (and, apparently, no charges against his son) rather than 60 years in prison if he's only coughing up some unverifiable and unspecific allusions. Unlike Trump's neophyte advisors, the reputation of Mueller and his team is that they are the pinnacle of prosecutorial excellence. The premise that Flynn's evidence and testimony (whatever it may be) is sufficiently weak that it will be easily debunked by a bunch of posters on the City Data political forum is laughable. I don't know what he has or who he has it on, but the only reasonable inference you can draw from Flynn's plea is that it is pretty damn good.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:16 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
lol that's exactly what Mueller is going after...the very senior members who directed him.

now, just WHO do you think would be a senior member? by the end of the campaign 45's kids were running it. and if you think they weren't keeping 45 apprised of their 'work' you've got another think coming!
Did I say anything besides the thread title (AT THE TIME IT WAS A THREAD) was a lie? It was.
I have nothing coming. I have never spoke or colluded with any Russians.
He still is 45, which means he is President. I don't love the man at all. Just the fact that he makes some nutty people go bananas is enough for me

Old 12-01-2017, 11:18 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
You can bet Flynn isn't facing 6-12 months (and, apparently, no charges against his son) rather than 60 years in prison if he's only coughing up some unverifiable and unspecific allusions. Unlike Trump's neophyte advisors, the reputation of Mueller and his team is that they are the pinnacle of prosecutorial excellence. The premise that Flynn's evidence and testimony (whatever it may be) is sufficiently weak that it will be easily debunked by a bunch of posters on the City Data political forum is laughable. I don't know what he has or who he has it on, but the only reasonable inference you can draw from Flynn's plea is that it is pretty damn good.
I like the last part of this. The idea that CD posters can conclude that this investigation is a "nothing burger" when they haven't a clue what has been discovered is embarrassing. It is entertaining to see them stick to their guns despite what is now coming out.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Somebody's having a bad day.
Some Trumpers are already having mental breakdowns from this morning's news.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:21 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
President Trump has the absolute power to pardon anyone he wants. It's great being in charge.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:22 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I like the last part of this. The idea that CD posters can conclude that this investigation is a "nothing burger" when they haven't a clue what has been discovered is embarrassing. It is entertaining to see them stick to their guns despite what is now coming out.
And on the flip side, starting threads with lies in the title and Leftists crowing that Flynn is going to out Trump is just as embarrassing because not a single story about this says that. Those are lies but it doesn't stop you. Talk about despite what is coming out, you obviously didn't even read any of the stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies