Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump try and pardon Flynn?
Yes 60 31.58%
Maybe 49 25.79%
No 81 42.63%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 03:06 PM

4,015 posts, read 2,693,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
My apologies. I had a hard time writing it. But the basic idea is that Mueller knows he will have to come out eventually and tell the world that Trump did nothing wrong. When Comey did that with Clinton, he had a credibility issue that emerged. In Mueller's case, the liberal media is so convinced that Trump is a criminal that they will claim Mueller did not dig deep enough; that he left some stones unturned. But Mueller can point to the fact that he gave a deal to Flynn to get him to spill everything he knew. Flynn's deal with Mueller means that Flynn spoke the truth and there was nothing to see. So Mueller gets his credibility for absolving Trump of any wrongdoing.
Except with everything he *could* get Flynn on, he'd lose his credibility if he offered Flynn a deal and got nothing out of it.

If Flynn went to jail for the 60-something years Mueller could get him on, Mueller would be able to say, "I offered him a deal if he could provide information on higher ups that were of value. He had nothing to offer that was useful." The latter *doesn't* wreck his credibility--he got Flynn, and simply acknowledges Flynn had nothing on Trump, or not enough to implicate Trump that would justify letting Flynn walk away with a slap on the wrist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 03:07 PM

33,041 posts, read 12,305,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
FAKE NEWS!

LOL. That GIF is hilarious. It reminds me of an interview with Ivana that I once watched. Ivana told a story about a ski trip...I think they were dating at the time...not yet married...where they skied down a run, she beat him (she had skied competitively), and that upset him so much that he took off his skis and stormed off in a huff...back to the lodge.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:11 PM

22 posts, read 8,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Trump supporters. You either pretend you dont understand or you dont understand so let me state the obvious fact, that doesnt get reported on Fox News:

How dull you have to be to think today is only about lying to FBI? The fact that Mueller only charged him on such a trivial crime, only means worse for Trump. That means Flynn has much more to offer on Trump than Mueller originally expected hence such a soft charge.

Does Fox News tell that to y'all? Probably not...It is hilarious to ready trump supporters claim saying "well he just lied get over it" lol. No it means Flynn's proffer was explosive and powerful enough to take out someone higher in food chain (trump, pence)!!!

The best read today was that news, the other best read is Trump supporters spinning it well it's just a lie so what!!
The truth is they don't care. They don't care about the facts, they put party & race over everything else. They want somebody that thinks like them so bad they are willing to destroy the country just to say, see, he's better than the Black guy.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,495,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
hmmm...

It would appear that someone (no names)...

... just isn't in the holiday spirit.

Love that! So true.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:12 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,687,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
When did talking to russians become illegal?
For the uninformed and misinformed, it's the quid pro quo that will put the cuffs on Trump. You know, remove the sanctions for dirt on Hillary.

Fox News reported today that Flynn talked about sanctions with the Russians, as directed by Kushner.

Cavuto reported that Flynn was facing 60 years, and will now probably be incarcerated for just 6 months.

What information could possibly be worth setting aside that amount of prison time?

In other news, the president is throwing his golf clubs around the Rose Garden.

Fox also reported that this is not fake news. (I know, I couldn't believe my ears.)

Bears repeating.

THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION IS NOT FAKE NEWS.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:15 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,572,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
sounds like this investigation didn't bear much fruit. The liberal news media is crushed by this news. has nothing to do with President Trump.
Oh, you may just want to reconsider that. Apparently Flynn has flipped, and will testify that Trump directed him to deal with the Russians.

https://www.axios.com/abc-news-flynn...514086757.html

Old 12-01-2017, 03:19 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,118,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Oh, you may just want to reconsider that. Apparently Flynn has flipped, and will testify that Trump directed him to deal with the Russians.

https://www.axios.com/abc-news-flynn...514086757.html
don't bother, they aren't interested in any stinkin' facts.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:19 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,576,386 times
CNN News Alert:
Jared Kushner is the "very senior member" of President DonaldTrump's transition team who directed incoming national security adviser MichaelFlynn to contact the Russian ambassador to the United States and othercountries about a UN Security Council vote on Israeli settlements, sourcesfamiliar with the matter tell CNN

And who was it that told Jared to do this?

Old 12-01-2017, 03:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,495,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I don't think President Trump is having a bad day, he can pardon Flynn and fire Mueller whenever he wants.
He can't fire Mueller.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:22 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,618,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Let's see. Those indictments. Manafort did his crimes while OBAMA was in office and Mueller, Holder, Comey and Lynch ran the DoJ/FBI and was working for the DEMOCRATS with the Podesta brothers. That doesn't look good for them at all.
Papa and Flynn plead guilty for lying. BFD
Hillary lied through her teeth to the FBI and nothing happened so take those charges with a grain of salt.
That's all you got. NEXT!
whatabout whatabout whatabout Hillary! well what about it DBones? what has it got to do with Flynn, or kushner or trump? Cause i hate to tell you this but if you think "whataboutism" will work outside of fox n fartbart you are sorely mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies