Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 10:18 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Hahaha good one. I guess you are one of the mooches getting subsidized. Tell that to the people paying another five or six grand in premium with a deductible of 5 or 10K.
Hahaha... so you'd rather be dropped from your insurance because they've decided you're too expensive to insure than have any coverage at all. Funny how your mind works.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:19 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Debunking? That there was horse trading? Take a look at the GOP tax bill. They got Flake's vote with DACA.

Jeff Flake’s Tax Bill Vote Was Secured With A Flimsy Promise On DACA – Talking Points Memo
Non-sequiter. You're trying to revise history by claiming that the ACA was passed after nine months of rigorous fair debate with generous input from the minority. That's a laughable lie and anyone who was paying attention back then knows it.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Hahaha... so you'd rather be dropped from your insurance because they've decided you're too expensive to insure than have any coverage at all. Funny how your mind works.
No, if I had my way you would pay for your health insurance and I'd pay for mine. But the mooches don't like to pay their own way.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:20 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
I'm quite sure that if this tax cut were a political liability for the GOP, then the Democrats and their hacks wouldn't be squealing like stuck pigs over it.
Because it penalizes college education? Increases tax bills for much of the middle class and rewards the wealthy? Guess it depends on the definition of a liability. This is trickle down all over again. Trump supporters will be told that it will all "trickle down" to them. It won't. It's just a giveaway to the wealthy - like Trump. If the GOP was proud of this bill, they would deliberate it in proper order. They are not. They are obscuring this bill as much as possible. They are sending out the massive document hours before a vote. They would not tell Democrats what was in the bill. Democrats had to find out from lobbyists!!!

Old 12-01-2017, 10:21 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times
Quote:
No, if I had my way you would pay for your health insurance and I'd pay for mine. But the mooches don't like to pay their own way.
No... you don't even stay true to your beliefs. If you wanted truly your way, don't get insurance. No one should be paying for your expensive procedures, you must pay out of pocket for all your expenses period. Otherwise, you're mooching from others in the insurance pool. So you are also a moocher who don't like to pay your way either.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
No... you don't even stay true to your beliefs. If you wanted truly your way, don't get insurance. No one should be paying for your expensive procedures, you must pay out of pocket for all your expenses period. Otherwise, you're mooching from others in the insurance pool. So you are also a moocher who don't like to pay your way either.
So, you don't understand insurance. Let me guess, you voted for Obama twice.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Non-sequiter. You're trying to revise history by claiming that the ACA was passed after nine months of rigorous fair debate with generous input from the minority. That's a laughable lie and anyone who was paying attention back then knows it.
That is not a non-sequitur. That is exactly the point. They are horse trading with senators including Jeff Flake. And yes, the bill was debated, the accusation is rated FALSE.

"The ACA passed without a single Republican vote, but the contents of the bill were nonetheless made available to both parties multiple times throughout its development, as described by the New York Times..."

https://www.snopes.com/aca-versus-ahca/

What the GOP has done over the last ten months includes two health bills with no Democratic input and like this tax bill, ramming them through with a vote hours after it is released.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:26 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Here is Jon Tester (D) Montana's response to the tax bill. Democrats need to back away and let Republicans own this.

https://twitter.com/SenatorTester/st...48480000921600
Instead of bitching and moaning about it Fatty boy should sit down and actually read the ****ing thing. Dumb fat ****. I hope he drops dead of a heart attack as he waddles from his office to the chamber. Seriously, that obese prick broke a sweat lifting the bill across his chest. Fat, dumb mother ****er. When this alleged racist and pedophile drops dead the only ones in mourning will be the fast food joints that depended on bis business to stay afloat. GO READ THE BILL BLUBBER *******!

Old 12-01-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Instead of bitching and moaning about it Fatty boy should sit down and actually read the ****ing thing. Dumb fat ****. I hope he drops dead of a heart attack as he waddles from his office to the chamber. Seriously, that obese prick broke a sweat lifting the bill across his chest. Fat, dumb mother ****er. When this alleged racist and pedophile drops dead the only ones in mourning will be the fast food joints that depended on bis business to stay afloat. GO READ THE BILL McCHICKEN!
Wow. He looks a lot thinner than Trump but his weight is not what is being voted on.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:28 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Obviously you have a short memory. The Democrats made the blueprint when they passed the ACA.
11 million more are insured because of the ACA. Obama did a great thing, not perfect though. Instead of republicans wanting to repeal, they should have just made it better. But republicans don't seem to care. Haven't you noticed that republicans are for the rich and democrats are for the middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies