Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 06:41 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times

Advertisements

The middle class tax increases and the Fed raising rates is going to slow the economy down just in time for Trump to take the blame during his re-election campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 06:42 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Republican “logic.”
All parties are guilty of out of control spending. If you think things are fine as they are I can hardly see that as "logic."

Old 12-01-2017, 06:43 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
As I said in another thread, having it pass is fine with me. After a year or two when it's apparent it has little or no effect on the economy and we continue to get, like, 2% GDP growth, same as the last several years, then it'll be a great lesson that tax cuts do little or nothing to help the economy.
But it would also be a lesson that they do little or nothing to hurt it either.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:48 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Spending causes deficits.
so does not having enough income to pay the bills.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Spending causes deficits.
And that is not going away, now is it.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:53 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
As a liberal I'm saying go ahead pass that tax bill. In order to cut off the head of the snake, you have to first expose it.
The GOP ineptitude was already being exposed when Trump came around. In fact, he helped, in part, expose it. The GOP has failed at:

1.) Obamacare repeal.
2.) Build the wall.
3.) End Iran "Deal"
4.) Prosecute Hillary and her legion of crooks
5.) Stop H1B visa abuses
6.) Good tax plan
7.) End Common Core
8.) End Paris Climate agreement (I thought Trump wasn't sure on that one, though at first it appeared he actually did it.)
9.) Drain the Swamp

Their failure is their own, and this is coming from someone that left the Republican Party because too many in the GOP were a bunch of sellouts and wimps.

Trump had better get behind Convention of States. If the Dems take back the House (a dangerous possibility), they're going to try and hit him with strong impeachment charges that will clear the House and head into the Senate since the House would be a partisan lynch mob, just like all of these phony investigations (really KGB sham trials) into Russia "collusion".

Old 12-01-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
so does not having enough income to pay the bills.
Stop That!
Using Common Sense is Not Allowed.
Now Back to what you were saying................

Old 12-01-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The GOP ineptitude was already being exposed when Trump came around. In fact, he helped, in part, expose it. The GOP has failed at:

1.) Obamacare repeal.
2.) Build the wall.
3.) End Iran "Deal"
4.) Prosecute Hillary and her legion of crooks
5.) Stop H1B visa abuses
6.) Good tax plan
7.) End Common Core
8.) End Paris Climate agreement (I thought Trump wasn't sure on that one, though at first it appeared he actually did it.)
9.) Drain the Swamp

Their failure is their own, and this is coming from someone that left the Republican Party because too many in the GOP were a bunch of sellouts and wimps.

Trump had better get behind Convention of States. If the Dems take back the House (a dangerous possibility), they're going to try and hit him with strong impeachment charges that will clear the House and head into the Senate since the House would be a partisan lynch mob, just like all of these phony investigations (really KGB sham trials) into Russia "collusion".
There There, There There, we understand...................

Old 12-01-2017, 06:57 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
because liberals havent been hysterical to everything else to this point
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This!

This!

This!

This!

This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking... they have been bat**** crazy since the election.
... X 5.

This times five!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Current GDP growth under the new administration has been 3.1% in 2017. In comparison, 1.6% in 2016.
We should check back in around this time in 2018. I'm going to predict we'll be up around 4% by then, not floundering around the 2% zone as we were for all of Obama's years as president.

PS. In 2009, Obama's first year, we had a whopping -2.8% growth. No, that's not a typo. It was a negative number. Obama's best year saw 2.6% growth, but if you averaged them all out it hangs around 2%. And that's if you leave out the negative 2009 growth. And I did because I would never try to hold a new president responsible for everything he is inheriting. Everyone needs a little time to get things rolling like they want them too. The problem was, the following years just weren't that much better.
These points give the left heartburn so they run and hide from it. DEFLECT! Deflect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I kind of hope the liberals freak out like it's the end of the world...so I vote no on liberals not freaking out.
They lost their minds and went all Waa! Not My Pwesident! WAA! when Trump won the Election and that turned out to be a really good thing so, Yeah!

Let's hope! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I would bet you do not realize how that reaction actually makes you look, trump has the same disconnection, that should make you feel even more special.
Yeah, disconnection works both ways, huh? The difference between us is I'm happy and you're, idk, wailing and gnashing your teeth? Or whatever you do?

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-01-2017 at 07:25 PM..

Old 12-01-2017, 06:58 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
For those who aren't aware. Economic growth is tax neutral. Just look at the history of US economic growth. In fact, higher growth periods had higher marginal taxes than lower periods. Since the Bush tax cuts, growth hasn't breached 2%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies