Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 06:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times

Advertisements

There may e more truth to this than meets the eye. The Repubs are rushing through this tax plan at such a speed that the Senate will vote on it without even having read it.

Why the rush?

Could be that McConnell, Ryan and the Repub leadership in general know that Trump's days are numbered. Get this out of the way, then let Trump self-destruct. They know that Trump is not fit for the office. Their cynical game is use Trump. We all know that revenge is best served cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 06:33 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
You guys understand the premise here is not that Mitch or Ryan overtly take trump down. But they can step out of the way and let it happen..

they can quietly communicate with dems or cooperate with Mueller. I did not mean to suggest they would publicly kick him to the curb. but that would be more fun. Trump's shelf life is pretty short either way i very much doubt he would go for a second term, he old and i think he would rather just appear on TV and enjoy being a big deal without the schedule i still half expect him to declare victory and step down citing golf or his butt hurts.
I find it so telling that GOP Congress keeps silent on what DJT has been doing this past year.. so, once their Dastardly Tax bill gets passed ( IF) they just may DUMP him!! Kind of tells you ALL ABOUT GOP Politics, eh? It has zero to do with DEBT much less working for their Constituents... It's more about padding their pockets via LOBBYISTS!!

I find it rather counter-productive tho since the tax bill as known today will NOT help Trump voters much less GOP constituents and blowback will be realized come 2018 when voters flock to the polls! This may very be like the TEAPots wave of 2010!! and coupled with DJT and Pence getting bounced!!

In Canada we do and have a venue to dump a leader.. It's called calling an election via " Non-Confidence" vote by legislature.. So, no need to wait till next election.. No such venue in USA!! Instead they allow an incompetent with Codes to run amok !!

Many have been prosecuted and became Felons>>> that promote violence in USA and Countries that are suppose to be "ALLIES" . YOU know how that goes.. Freedom of Speech does not COVER such things!!

Yelling fire inside of a venue that causes deaths is actually an indictable CRIME!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitement

Quote:
In criminal law, incitement is the encouragement of another person to commit a crime. Depending on the jurisdiction, some or all types of incitement may be illegal. Where illegal, it is known as an inchoate offense, where harm is intended but may or may not have actually occurred.
IF anything occurs in UK or any other Country post DJT's re-tweeting FLASE video's and encourage NUT JOBS to kill Muslims will totally be on TRUMP!! His re-tweet of false video by a known Supremacist ( Britain First" website pretty well suggests.. HE is promoting HATE under the banner of HATE GROUPS!! and even been Blessed by Duke as well as UK promoter of FAKE videos!!

The point I'm really trying to make is.. GOP Congress will no doubt pull the plug on humouring DJT once they get their PET Lobbyist Tax thing done.. IF they fail.. no doubt they will also DUMP TRUMP TOO!! By Failures to pass Tax/ACA Repeal and Replace and hey who knows what may happen with Renewing Budget Debt limits by end of year for 2018 BUDGET!!

Old 12-01-2017, 06:33 PM

581 posts, read 456,374 times
Are these the same people who said Hillary was a shoe-in to win in 2016? Btw, I think the Kate Steinle verdict pretty much guaranteed the Republicans will have no problem holding on to the House.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:38 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
It’s too late for the GOP. Trump is the face of the party and in the midterms they will be swimming with concrete shoes.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:40 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
you understand you can just put me and every liberal that bores and annoys you on ignore....

or just skip past any title you don't like, it is self selecting... if it interests you click, if not move along...
Ignore works great. At this point, there really isn't much to be learned from reading the posts of most of the Trump chumps on this forum. So why bother?

I'm surprised ignore isn't used more often.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:47 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Ignore works great. At this point, there really isn't much to be learned from reading the posts of most of the Trump chumps on this forum. So why bother?

I'm surprised ignore isn't used more often.
Ignoring the opinions of those who you disagree with just means that you don't learn WHY they feel the way they do, nor get challenged on your own statements. I block people for being personally offensive, not for disagreeing with me.

Echo chambers lead to a lack of understanding, and inability to challenge your own personal preconceptions. I don't recommend it.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
vanity fair raises a good point. Once this bill passes, the GOP does not really need Trump and dumping him might provide them the opportunity to rehabilitate the party in time to save the house for 2018. I would not be surprised to see the GOP turn on Trump once they get what they want. Repeal and replace is out of the question so there is no point hanging on for that.

"WHY TRUMP’S TAX BILL COULD BE HIS DEATH WARRANT"
Disagree. If the GOP were to dump him before the 2018 elections they would lose too many trump supporters and the Dems would sweep into power. No, they will put it off as long as they can to see if they can hold ground in 2018 and then try and plan for something in 2020, Pence will not stand a chance, so they need another choice. They will put it off as long as they can, but in the end the result will be the same and by 2020 people will start feeling the pain of the GOP Bills, that managed to get passed. Like it or not, the wheels keep turning and what goes up always comes down. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.................

Old 12-01-2017, 06:49 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Vanity Fair?
What to MSM for you?

Old 12-01-2017, 06:55 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
[quote=evilcart;50281701]
Quote:
You guys understand the premise here is not that Mitch or Ryan overtly take trump down. But they can step out of the way and let it happen..

they can quietly communicate with dems or cooperate with Mueller. I did not mean to suggest they would publicly kick him to the curb. but that would be more fun.
Many people have said and thought that has been going on even before the inauguration. That was one of the reasons the healthcare issue was put first. The problem Mitch and Ryan has is without Trump they can't attract the voters that came out from everywhere, including the democrat party, to support the GOP.

Quote:
Trump's shelf life is pretty short either way i very much doubt he would go for a second term, he old and i think he would rather just appear on TV and enjoy being a big deal without the schedule i still half expect him to declare victory and step down citing golf or his butt hurts.
Often times, to their folly, people project their characteristics on to people they don't like or understand.
There is no evidence that Trump is a quitter. At 70 y/o if it was there it would be known. He likes the job and has said so and there is no evidence to the contraire. It might be better to consider the half you didn't expect. He gives butt hurt to democrats and liberal loons of all stripes. If he had hemorrhoids someone would have leaked it by now and we would have photos all over social media.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...dequacy-others

https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/38...r-onto-others/

Last edited by phma; 12-01-2017 at 07:09 PM..

Old 12-01-2017, 09:42 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
[quote=phma;50282094]
Quote:

Many people have said and thought that has been going on even before the inauguration. That was one of the reasons the healthcare issue was put first. The problem Mitch and Ryan has is without Trump they can't attract the voters that came out from everywhere, including the democrat party, to support the GOP.

Often times, to their folly, people project their characteristics on to people they don't like or understand.
There is no evidence that Trump is a quitter. At 70 y/o if it was there it would be known. He likes the job and has said so and there is no evidence to the contraire. It might be better to consider the half you didn't expect. He gives butt hurt to democrats and liberal loons of all stripes. If he had hemorrhoids someone would have leaked it by now and we would have photos all over social media.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...dequacy-others

https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/38...r-onto-others/
umm sorry but you are wrong. There are a number of times Trump has hinted he is tired of being POTUS.

But i fully get your reluctance to believe this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies