Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 01:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Violence is not protected speech. There is a big difference between violence and refusing to allow a speaker to be heard. If your message is so unpopular that no one in the area wants to allow you to speak, you either need to reexamine your message or your reasons for wanting to speak in that particular venue.
In other words you support bigotry.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Just posting this point of reference as food for thought...

The NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)...

Percent of 12th grade students of each race/ethnicity who are proficient or above:

Mathematics:

Overall: 26%

Asian/Pacific Islander: 47%
White: 33%
American Indian/Alaska Native: 12%
Hispanic: 12%
Black: 7%

Reading:

Overall: 38%

Asian/Pacific Islander: 47%
White: 47%
American Indian/Alaska Native: 26%
Hispanic: 23%
Black: 16%

National Assessment of Educational Progress - NAEP - 12th Grade Mathematics and Reading

Are some groups just less intelligent than others?
African immigrants and blacks from the Caribbean and Latin America have an higher performance rate than native blacks and whites. This percentage is entirely false.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
African immigrants and blacks from the Caribbean and Latin America have an higher performance rate than native blacks and whites. This percentage is entirely false.
That's likely true for white and Asian immigrants too but is factored in.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:24 PM

Here in NYC. I was doing some work at a school. A confrontation broke out between a black kid and a Mexican kid of immigrant background. From what I hear that the black American kid told the Mexican told to shut up before I smack you back to Mexico. The Mexican stepped into the black kids face. Black kid punched the Mexican kid in the face. He got a hard punch too. Mexican kid called the black kid effin Ni##3r. Both the black kid and the Mexican kid were brought up the deans office. THe Mexican kid was suspended, while the black kid only received detention even though the black kid was the one who started the whole incident, said a racial slur and he punched the Mexican kid, while the Mexican kid could not defend himself and only said an demonizing racial slur. In America's future, it will be ok to stab someone, but say something negative we will land in prison? WTF is wrong with these SJW regressive leftist?

Old 01-27-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's likely true for white and Asian immigrants too but is factored in.
I'm from NYC. White immigrants from Eastern Europe are not as highly intellectual to a certain degree from what I remember. Go to parts of white immigrant NYC and you see these failed Europeans who were once part of the dregs of Nazi Germany later Soviet Union. These folks like gangsta rap, were do rags and were pants down below the race. I remember there was a school here in the Bronx where the black kids outperformed the white kids. How? Majority of the black kids came from the Caribbean or are 1st generation Americans, while the white kids were Albanian immigrants, lacked English language and performed poorly in school. The only bright spot is Martin Skeirilli who is Albanian.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm from NYC. White immigrants from Eastern Europe are not as highly intellectual to a certain degree from what I remember. Go to parts of white immigrant NYC and you see these failed Europeans who were once part of the dregs of Nazi Germany later Soviet Union. These folks like gangsta rap, were do rags and were pants down below the race. I remember there was a school here in the Bronx where the black kids outperformed the white kids. How? Majority of the black kids came from the Caribbean or are 1st generation Americans, while the white kids were Albanian immigrants, lacked English language and performed poorly in school. The only bright spot is Martin Skeirilli who is Albanian.
I can't say I disagree. We need merit based immigration no matter where an immigrant is from.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Of course I support free speech - and thank you for the nice compliment about my brains!

Old 01-28-2018, 05:05 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I see this all the time. Tebow was permitted to kneel all he wanted. Other players still do it. The NFL doesn't allow any unapproved messages as a part of the uniform.
"The NFL doesn't allow any unapproved messages as a part of the uniform"

BUT, they DID allow Kap and his police are pigs socks.

So good to see how they think.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:07 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
You could argue that if you wish. But you would be wrong.

https://home.ubalt.edu/shapiro/right...apter1text.htm
" The third main purpose of the Constitution is to protect the personal liberty of citizens from intrusions by the government."

BINGO.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The NFL doesn't allow any unapproved messages as a part of the uniform"

BUT, they DID allow Kap and his police are pigs socks.

So good to see how they think.
No they didn't. Just making crap up does not make for valid arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies