Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 10:16 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If the OP is clinging to the past by mentioning Hillary...

You are clinging to the popular vote by bringing it up.

The same rules apply to both cases... right ??
Stating a fact is now clinging to something? The Earth is round. Does that mean I’m clinging on to the fact Earth is a sphere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 10:16 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The simple lesson is that Hillary ran a terrible campaign and still got 3 million more votes than Trump. In 2020 anyone who runs a half decent campaign will have a great chance at defeating Donald.
Any decent candidate that runs a half way decent campaign has a great chance.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Any decent candidate that runs a half way decent campaign has a great chance.
Yup. Some people try their best to ignore that simple fact.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I do agree with that. Trump can't win in 2020 but I doubt he ever runs. I think he finishes out his term, declares victory - and goes home, leaving Pence to run.
Trump’s too arrogant to not run again.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:32 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump’s too arrogant to not run again.
Trump is not going to last through his first term. There isn't going to be a second term for him.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:48 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Poor Dash, still stuck on Hillary when the rest of the world has long ago moved on.

I guess what's happening this week with your hero is simply too much to bear, so you need to retreat into your safe little Hillary zone, huh?

Sucks to be a cultist these days.
You do have admit that she's still in the news.
And also that there is at least Somewhat of a chance that she runs in 2020 (especially if her health holds up).
The Clintons' lust for power is legendary....

Old 12-02-2017, 11:14 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
I think Hilary's discussions should be with a trained professional who can help her accept the fact that she wasn't wanted or needed. Or, she could try to understand the Serenity Prayer on her own. The only man who cost her the election is her husband and the rest is for her to deal with as the public learns more about their secrets.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:15 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
lol.....but it's her turn to be President......
That should be her 2020 slogan. "Hillary 2020: It's Her Turn"

Old 12-02-2017, 11:27 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I think her time has come and gone. And so do most Democrats I know. The only ones who care at all what Hillary is up to seem to be the conservatives.

I really doubt that she will run again, but I won't support her if she does. It's time for her to step aside and let the next generation step up.
I fully agree about what she *should* do.

However, she still has MASSIVE power within the DNC, something she intentionally cultivated in order to not get "obama surprised" again. She used that power to force out and hamstring any serious rival throughout the primaries.

With that being said, I'd LIKE to agree with you but frankly, the narrative keeps coming up and NOT from conservatives....that she was cheated etc. Now sure, when the news breaks the cons love to repost it and hoot and holler....but they're not the source of the claims.

So you have to seriously ask yourself, if this isn't coming from the cons...and the left doesn't really want it....then where is it being generated?

IMO, it's coming from Hillary loyalists carrying forward the narrative with eyes on 2020.

Now you and I may not like that scenario but step back and dispassionately ask yourself where these articles, interviews, book tours, and so forth are coming from about her being cheated?

P.S. A lot can still happen over the next 2 years before things start to heat up for 2020 so health issues or other events could completely upset the game table so to speak. *shrug*

Old 12-02-2017, 11:55 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Here is my voting record from 1992 through 2016: B. Clinton, B. Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, Obama and H. Clinton.

This blame game has got to STOP!! Hillary lost primarily because she is not a natural politician and her team ran a HORRIBLE campaign.

I despise Trump but during the key parts of the campaign he was in the right places and the right time. Hillary's brain dead campaign strategists had her in all the wrong places at the wrong time!

As Gerald Ford said about Bill Clinton...he is the most "naturally gifted" politician of his generation. A more naturally gifted politician with the right message in 2016 would have easily defeated a buffoon like Trump...regardless of that person's gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies