Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 09:27 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I worked for what I have, try it, you can too!
I have it. We do not have enough well paying jobs for everyone. We sent them elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 09:28 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
nothing stopping anyone from buying health insurance, before Obamacare, during Obamacare, and after Obamacare.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:35 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
nothing stopping anyone from buying health insurance, before Obamacare, during Obamacare, and after Obamacare.
Lazy.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:37 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
I worked for what I have, try it, you can too!
Clueless conservative alert!

Insurer dropped your and can't afford your chemo? Easy, just quintuple your take home pay. YOU'RE LAZY if you can't do it!

You can see the quality of conservative thinking that will go into healthcare policy post-Obamacare. :-)

Old 12-02-2017, 09:39 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
This won’t get rid of Obamacare. The only thing they will accomplish by this is raising premiums. Brilliant move.
Premiums will go up regardless.

Try again.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:39 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
The GOP healthcare plan, if you want or need healthcare move to a foreign country or just die here in the states.

The preventive healthcare coverage of being immunized or having health checkups will be gone and more sick people will be walking around in public. Don’t cough near me, don’t touch those food items at the grocery store, don’t pick up those items on the shelf and put them back after you touched them – I want to avoid you sickness.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:40 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
We've talked about this. GOP couldn't come up with a healthcare plan that didn't devastate coverage for millions (because they have no good ideas on it after 8 years of complaining), so they couldn't shove their plans through. Which is pathetic; this should have been easy since cons had a better part of a decade to prepare and control of the government.

So the obvious strategy is to sabotage Obamacare to the point of submission, where the crappy GOP alternatives can finally be shoved through.

That process just shifted to another gear with the tax reform that will become law. With individual mandate gone, a lot of healthy people will exit the markets and sick will stay. Premiums have been going up, but they will skyrocket now and many will lose coverage. This will ensure market collapse, as designed.

So conservatives, congratulations - your Obamacare repeal is assured now! I know you are happy. In a year or so, your healthcare-limiting proposals will become law.

Strap me in and let's go! I am ready to go back to the days where tens of millions have no health Insurance, where you can skip healthcare if you lose your job, where insurance companies will drop you if you need care the most, where health insurance costs are a leading cause of personal bankruptcy. And continued premium rises anyway (because let's be honest, those were always going up even before O-Care). Looking forward to it!
I had insurance preobamacare.

Now I don’t.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
the statement that "anyone can buy healthcare" is false. Is not the provision for preexisting conditions removed from health care going to be removed from this revision? Without that provision anyone unfortunate to once have has cancer will not be able to ever buy private sector health insurance again. Will this remove the law that requires doctors and hospitals to treat for free anyone that shows up at the door?

I want to replace this health insurance system with a government administered system that provides health care, not insurance, to anyone in the country as well as all citizens. We need to figure out how much this will cost when the government is able to negotiate fees, drug costs and medical center profits. then we need to place a tax on the country (I prefer a income tax on the top 10% of individual and corporate incomes) in order to pay for the service.

There is plenty of money available to pay for Universal Health Care. We just have to obtain it and use it wisely.

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
I couldn't have said it better myself. What a bunch of toads running this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
We've talked about this. GOP couldn't come up with a healthcare plan that didn't devastate coverage for millions (because they have no good ideas on it after 8 years of complaining), so they couldn't shove their plans through. Which is pathetic; this should have been easy since cons had a better part of a decade to prepare and control of the government.

So the obvious strategy is to sabotage Obamacare to the point of submission, where the crappy GOP alternatives can finally be shoved through.

That process just shifted to another gear with the tax reform that will become law. With individual mandate gone, a lot of healthy people will exit the markets and sick will stay. Premiums have been going up, but they will skyrocket now and many will lose coverage. This will ensure market collapse, as designed.

So conservatives, congratulations - your Obamacare repeal is assured now! I know you are happy. In a year or so, your healthcare-limiting proposals will become law.

Strap me in and let's go! I am ready to go back to the days where tens of millions have no health Insurance, where you can skip healthcare if you lose your job, where insurance companies will drop you if you need care the most, where health insurance costs are a leading cause of personal bankruptcy. And continued premium rises anyway (because let's be honest, those were always going up even before O-Care). Looking forward to it!

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lazy.
not me, I have great health insurance, I'd advise others to buy great health insurance too, but ultimately, it's up to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies